• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cascade Instructions

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna use the Twisted Vine Roof set to make the cascade effect. Hope this helps Desperado...

I've never made instructions for building before, so hopefully they make sense. If not, just let me know and I'll try to clarify.

I'm just working off Desperado's example, although this basic idea can be used creatively in many designs (as I'm attempting to do right now)

So here's the basic frame for this example:

From here, you can either work your way down or work your way up, it's up to you, but I'm working my way down.

Starting on the fourth floor, get the south piece, lower it to 1, and place one on the corner and one beside it to the East, then on the third floor, take the South-West Intersection, raise it 6, and place beside, like so:

Next, on the third floor, using the South piece again, raise it 5 and place below the easternmost piece. (Following so far? I hope so. I'm confusing myself here) Take the East-West Intersection, raised 3, and place two along the fencing going south. Next take the South piece, still raised 3, and place one on the corner of the fence. Take the West piece, still keeping it at 3, and place it on the fence next to the corner. Now, lowering the West piece to 2, place three beside each other along the southern-facing fence. Your cascade should (hopefully) look something like this:

Now we move to the second floor. Take the West piece, raise it 6 and place on the corner. Lower the level by one and place another West piece immediately south of the corner. Place two more West pieces along the south wall. Should be looking like this:

Still on the second floor, we take the South-East Intersection, raised 3, and place next to the door. Still keeping the same piece and the same roof level place one south of the West piece on the end. Lowering the same piece to 1, place one south of the piece next to the door. From there, move two tiles south and place another. And moving two tiles east, place once more. (Ignore that it's illegal for the moment). Should be looking like this:

Now take the East-West Intersection, lowered to 1, place one between the two South-East Intersection pieces next to the stairs. Moving three tiles east, place one more. Taking the South-West Intersection, still at one, place it on the corner between your two illegal pieces. Taking the West piece, still at 1, place it between the two South-East Intersection piecesalong the southermost wall. And raising the same piece to 5, place one next to the South-East Intersection along the eastern wall. Almost done:

And finally, down to the first floor! Taking the South-West Intersecton, raised to 6, and place two north of the East-West Intersection along the eastern wall. Taking the South-East Intersection, raised to 6, place one on the inside corner near the top of the stairs. And last but not least, take the South piece, and place it on the outside corner:

And there you have the Cascade Effect!

A

Ashyn

:thumbsup:

That's one thing I absolutely cannot do, let alone give instructions on it. Nice job!

-Ashyn