• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Casca event

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait - Im a bit confused over to the time?

Drach shows a GTM time zone, and Europa and GMT.

What is GTM? lol =/

Also, it says GTM+1. So, is this a 9pm (GMT?) start?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes its confusing but i think its 8 GMT and the + 1 is for 9 Central European Time. I'm going to be there at 8 to be sure.

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right got you.

So 8pm GMT?

Im gonna try and get the work im doing done and attend but its almost 5 now so its not looking good heh.

Tomorrow seems more likely.

Thanks for the help Frarc.

C

Cat Crimson

I'm pretty sure thats meant to be 9pm GMT ie 8pm european time. but yes getting to ? Blackthorned Castle early is a good idea. I take it is at Blackthornes and not Castle British, the UOHerald was not clear on that for Drachs ?

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think ill be able to attend.

Can someone post with what time it meant? So i can make it tomorrow!

Thanks

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure thats meant to be 9pm GMT ie 8pm european time. but yes getting to ? Blackthorned Castle early is a good idea. I take it is at Blackthornes and not Castle British, the UOHerald was not clear on that for Drachs ?

Yes must be Blackthorns castle. There guards with cannons there now.

I

Inquisitor [AK]

i think its defo a typo
most of their times seem to go after the shardtimes
hence drach shardtime is GMT+1
so 20:00 for germans
21:00 for british ppl
confuses me aswell sometimes :D

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think its defo a typo
most of their times seem to go after the shardtimes
hence drach shardtime is GMT+1
so 20:00 for germans
21:00 for british ppl
confuses me aswell sometimes :D

That can not be right. UK People are a hour behind our time not a hour ahead.

So its 8 UK time and 9 German/Belgium time. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just saw the EM Immortal saying:

Event starts at 8pm German Time (GTM)
thats 7pm UK time.

35 minutes from this post.

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I may attend for a little while.

Sadly my warrior will be wearing a mage suit, but, ill be there for a while at least :)

C

Cat Crimson

Just saw the EM Immortal saying:

Event starts at 8pm German Time (GTM)
thats 7pm UK time.

35 minutes from this post.

GRRRR !

Ok I am officially p*ssed off. I get up at 05.30 am for Job 2 Sat/Sun, work all day, home by 4pm totally exhausted. I find out about this event, set my damn alarm, go to sleep, wake up then stagger out here feeling sick and giddy but determined to attend. Only to find they have set it in some damn time no one has ever heard of ??? " GTM " ???? Much as I am grateful to have the EM's and quests/events back this is ludicrous. And this is not the first time times for stuff like this has been muddled and messed up.

Can they PLEASE just put GMT for anything like this in future and let others make the time addtions and subtractions. I know there are a multitude of nations that play Drachs and it is perceived as a German shard but the server is ( or last time I heard ) in the UK !!!!

Tired, sick and thoroughly cheesed off.

Good blinking night, all.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awwww sorry.

Any chance you can get there in one of the 2 reruns tomorrow?

C

Cat Crimson

The 3pm " Ludicrous Made Up Time " no, as I will still be at work. The 8pm LMUT ie 7pm Proper Real Understandable Time, possibly but again I would have to wake up early. Is it worth it ? are you able to interact with this ahem, imposter and question his credentials ?

also some shards have either Trammel or Felucca, by Trammel I take it they mean the Ilshenar version of Blackthorn's residence and not the proper one in Fel Brit where his grave lies ?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its Blackthorn Castle in Britain.

No he gives a speech and makes alot of promisses (to good to be true) that he will be our savior and make everything right. And after one more battle that there will be peace forever. We have to do the fighting for him.:p

And then Sherry the mouse appear when he left asking us not to trust him.

Its a bit of a short version of it all.

C

Cat Crimson

In which case, I think I will just stay in bed and not bother setting my alarm.

Besides which, I've known Sherry since before it was discovered the fragments of Mondain's shattered Gem of Immortality contained multiple replica Sosarias ;) and this Casca elf fellow is a Johnny come lately whom no one has heard of before and he slides in here telling us things can only get better and he will turn this land around... ahem, I think we have heard this all before.....

L

Legacyee

After hearing the speech I have to say,
I don't trust this Casca, it seems to good to be true and if I'm right, he will only make trouble for the rest of us, with no-one trusting a elf again
But I do trust Sherry the mouse, what has she got to gain by telling lies

And they really need to be more clear with the time zones on Europeon shards