• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cartography] Cartography training, any suggestions ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am training up a Cartographer, currently 75.0 skill and doing World Maps still gives me gains but it only is "EASY" when using the Crystal Ball of Knowledge....

Is there any other thing that I can make which would give me "OPTIMAL" crafting message when using the Crystal Ball of Knowledge ?

Other then the Map of Eodon, though, which is expensive to make in Resources, I do not see anything else much that I could possibly craft...

So, how can I get from 75.0 to 100.0 optimizing my skill gains ?

Thanks !

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There isn't anything else. World maps take you to 99.5 and the last .5 is done with actual treasure maps. I am guessing cache and higher for gains on treasure maps.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Another option is the "Satyr trick".

You take a bunch of supplies to the weald (suggest 5 pack horses plus your pack with 120-124 items), place your pack animals where stuff won't attack them (or unload them, if not bonded and you don't care), then go find a Satyr.
You then get the Satyr to disco you, invis (or have someone invis you), then immediately break the invis as soon as the Satyr loses targeting.
Done right, your skills will drop 10-20 points (which is why having someone else invis might work better), and if you break invis in the first couple ticks (half second or so), you'll stayed discoed as long as you stay where the Satyr can see you. Once you are discoed, then you can train a number of skills (Cartography, Lockpicking on a tinker-made box, etc.)

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
They unnerfed the satyrs so you can leave and go back in again and still be discoed.

Last edited: