• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Carp question

W

Wevie

Very new to carpentry. Haven't done any crafting since before imbuing came along. I just GM'd carpentry in order to start making some wooden armor for my Sampire.

1.) What (if any) items can be used with GM carpentry to increase your carpentry powers? Where do you get said items?

2.) How do I acquire a Runic Saw?

3.) What order to I use to make good items? Create with normal wood, enhance, POF, imbue????

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) There are talismans around, which improve you chance to craft a item (+ chance on normal quality and + chance on exceptional quality). You can get those mainly from quests in Heartwood or from hunting peerless monsters.

2) You can get those from doing carpentry related quests in Heartwood. Cheapest for carpentry is usually that one that requires 10 footstools. (The quest comes from the trinket weaver npcs there.

3) You can get good items with craft except with special material, pof, enhance. You can get best results by craft with plain wood, pof, imbue, enhance. (But thats the most expensive way, too. I would suggest to first try out the first route until you are familar with crafting/wood crafting.)

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been offered it (arch support) by trinket weavers. They seem a bit indiscriminate in the quests they offer.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It comes from both, actually. All the NPCs from the trinket weavers westward offer an eclectic mix of quests, as do the arborists.

I tend to go to the Trinket Weavers, myself, as the NPCs seemed to be a bit more anchored than the arborists (partially from their shop being 3-walled).

I hate chasing down quest guys.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

1.) What (if any) items can be used with GM carpentry to increase your carpentry powers? Where do you get said items?

Tons of talismans to be had, I always try to find 20/20 talis

2.) How do I acquire a Runic Saw?

I never bother with them, between imbuing and enhancing Ill never touch these again.

3.) What order to I use to make good items? Create with normal wood, enhance, POF, imbue????

The best way is to follow this page, Material Bonuses

That Link there, list all available "enhancing" addons,

What I do is, Craft lets say, a bokuto reg wood, no runics. Make sure its Exceptional "Gives you an Extra 50pts on Imbuing weight", Then I POF the item, Then I imbue everything that I need on it, then I enhance. Be careful through, Enhancing has a strong chance of it breaking, Just an FYI. GOOOD LUCK my Friend.!