• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Caps on stamina increase, mana increase, mana regeneration?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Looking at the mannequin display, I wonder if our info on caps is correct. Hit Point Increase we knew had a cap of 25. However, as far as I can see,stamina increase, mana increase, and mana regeneration all supposedly had no cap. However, that's not what the mannequin suit totals gump is showing. So which is correct?

@Kyronix, there also appears to be an error in the display value for LMC; see the below pic comparing the item prop (20% suit total) vs mannequin displayed suit total (0%).

LMC bug.png

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they said when they put out the manikin update that the 'special suits' stuff wouldn't register on it.
so like above that would be the LMC for having all the pieces of the suit.

as to the caps, MR is diminishing returns.
so technically there IS no cap on MR, it's just that anything past 30 is so small of a increase that you really don't see anything beyond 30 as any benefit.
(so like the difference between 30 and 40 is such a small increase you wouldnt notice any difference, not like you do between 20 to 30 or 10 to 20)

the other 2 i have no idea.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Looking at the mannequin display, I wonder if our info on caps is correct. Hit Point Increase we knew had a cap of 25. However, as far as I can see,stamina increase, mana increase, and mana regeneration all supposedly had no cap. However, that's not what the mannequin suit totals gump is showing. So which is correct?

@Kyronix, there also appears to be an error in the display value for LMC; see the below pic comparing the item prop (20% suit total) vs mannequin displayed suit total (0%).

View attachment 108487
As to MR, it's as @Poo said. Not sure on HPI and SI, but the mana increase cap definitely does not exist... I had been meaning to write a bug report on it but haven't (yet).

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no cap on stamina increase. I'm guessing they put the cap on the display for aesthetic or coding purposes. But really, there isn't one outisde of item availability.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As fonsvitae said, Mana increase was supposed to be capped, but I don't think it ever was. I wonder if it was an artifact of how elves' innate +20 mana was being added in the system, and they removed the cap to not interfere with that?

One thing to note is that originally, Int Bonus was described as having a cap of 25, but it proved later that instead of a hard cap on the bonus, it had a soft cap of "whatever it takes to take you to 150 INT", so that you could only use +25 INT at 125 real INT, but 35 if you had only 115 real, etc.

I personally think that the HPI cap should be removed, given that HP is a ratio-driven value (1 HP per 2 STR, plus a base HP value (50) to where 100 STR = 100 HP). It's not like it's an issue the way it was in PVP before (the concern was that some people could 1-2 shot people but take a half-dozen hits to drop - these days with the PVP caps it takes 8 or more hits to drop a character even with max bonuses for a single attacker, which is why zerging is so popular).

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As fonsvitae said, Mana increase was supposed to be capped, but I don't think it ever was. I wonder if it was an artifact of how elves' innate +20 mana was being added in the system, and they removed the cap to not interfere with that?

One thing to note is that originally, Int Bonus was described as having a cap of 25, but it proved later that instead of a hard cap on the bonus, it had a soft cap of "whatever it takes to take you to 150 INT", so that you could only use +25 INT at 125 real INT, but 35 if you had only 115 real, etc.

I personally think that the HPI cap should be removed, given that HP is a ratio-driven value (1 HP per 2 STR, plus a base HP value (50) to where 100 STR = 100 HP). It's not like it's an issue the way it was in PVP before (the concern was that some people could 1-2 shot people but take a half-dozen hits to drop - these days with the PVP caps it takes 8 or more hits to drop a character even with max bonuses for a single attacker, which is why zerging is so popular).
HPI was uncapped after aos launch. There was a pvper with insane amount of hp, he was a healing mage that was impossible to kill. He stacked hpr and hpi, you could bring all the offense you wanted but there were just way too many hp's.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk