• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cant you make building free for a time?

F

frogger2

Devs with payouts the way they are you just cant build, i love to remodel as much as i can lol. how about you guys make building free at least till cost of liveing settles some? or at least make everything cost under 20 bucks or so? i'm willing to barter over cost of remodeling lol. at current rate now with the price in building you can barely get past just putting up walls floor and wallpaper, thats just not enough for a very creative builder lol. oh and for you jumpers out thier, this is just a question not an attack or a complaint or whineing lol

G

I do agree, the objects that take up tiles, like columns, seems to be affected by the "more of the, more the cost, less of the, less the cost" feature, but the problem is, we can't sell those stuff, I can't put a wooden column in my invetnroy, and then sell it, unless Devs are plannin' to be able to sell them aswell.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Devs with payouts the way they are you just cant build, i love to remodel as much as i can lol. how about you guys make building free at least till cost of liveing settles some? or at least make everything cost under 20 bucks or so? i'm willing to barter over cost of remodeling lol. at current rate now with the price in building you can barely get past just putting up walls floor and wallpaper, thats just not enough for a very creative builder lol. oh and for you jumpers out thier, this is just a question not an attack or a complaint or whineing lol

[/ QUOTE ]

The only issue I see with this, is that everybody who already had a property would be scrambling to build within that time, and all those who can't even afford a property would be screaming "WAIT! If you decrease the cost of building then you HAVE to decrease the cost of property so we can have a chance too!" And that's just the start of a domino effect as I see it, basically everybody will end up asking that the cost of everything be reduced. The only thing that is going to fix our economy is to take proverbial Liquid Plumber to the drains, they are *clogged*...increase the usage of the drains, and that will increase the payouts.....increase the payouts and nobody will mind so much that the cost of building is high. It's a chain reaction but its got to START with people using the drains they have provided.

F

festrmentmagnet

WoW.
You're pretty much stuck with the first five things in the wall category.

Everything else is crazy expensive.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice if the Dev's could set it up, (kinda like they do with skilling going at 247%) Just for a short amount of time and let people either finish their homes orin many cases build a home for those that only have a lot but no house yet. It would be such a nice thing to do since it would cost a small fortune to furnish it anyway. I think it's something that should really be considered. Maybe even give them a half price hour.

R

Rosebush3333

My all-time favorite activity was building. I can understand drains for the economy, sure.. but over 7K for a column?
That is a bit OTT at the least. It is not like I can load up my inventory and trade them off to another player.

I am glad I do still have the offline version to mess around in build with, it's just too pricey to play online and risk a design mistake.

I don't think building should be free, though. It was fine the way it was, IMO.
But over 7,000 for one column???? ::: walks away muttering :::

N

Natalius Lynn

<blockquote><hr>

My all-time favorite activity was building. I can understand drains for the economy, sure.. but over 7K for a column?
That is a bit OTT at the least. It is not like I can load up my inventory and trade them off to another player.

I am glad I do still have the offline version to mess around in build with, it's just too pricey to play online and risk a design mistake.

I don't think building should be free, though. It was fine the way it was, IMO.
But over 7,000 for one column???? ::: walks away muttering :::

[/ QUOTE ]

Grid graphing paper works just as well as offline sims

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I am longing to be creative like I was 'back in the day'... and I know I can create something on the offline sims, but it just isn't the same. To have a 'free building day' would just be bad, IMO. In a weird twisted way, I like working hard and saving my money and one day hopefully things will even out to where I have enough to create away.

G

your dreaming, their never going to make building free, the whole point is so you have to dump your real money into an ATM to buy simoleans to build you propertys up, why would they make building free and give up that cash cow?

G

<blockquote><hr>

your dreaming, their never going to make building free, the whole point is so you have to dump your real money into an ATM to buy simoleans to build you propertys up, why would they make building free and give up that cash cow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to hold to that theory as well, but now i find even that idea ludicrous. I really have no idea what the heck the devs are thinking but surely they do not think someone will plunk out over 5 bucks just to buy ONE column. Honestly, if there are people out there that WILL do that, I have a bridge for sale at an awesome price!

I

imported_Starrfoxx

If we could allow selling back stuff for BUILD objects, then we wouldn't have to worry about this.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Currently it will take me 2 weeks to buy 1 of the cheapest columns if I depend on the $500 premium.

Absurd!