• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Can't test this --- Can a spellbook be removed via the 'Disarm' special move?

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't test it right now, but i'm curious...is a spellbook removed from the player's hand to backpack when disarmed?

Thanks!

T

Tazar

Using the enhanced client, just arm a new book (swapping slayers) or arm a weapon and the spellbook that was already in your hand automatically goes into the backpack.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using the enhanced client, just arm a new book (swapping slayers) or arm a weapon and the spellbook that was already in your hand automatically goes into the backpack.
Sorry if I was unclear...I meant can the spellbook be removed via the Special Move from a dexxer via PvP:

I.e -- I'm holding a spellbook, a dexxer disarms me, does it in fact drop the spellbook?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless something has changed recently, it could be removed via disarm.

I have a mage with some skill points on a scrapper that I use and I swear I remember being disarmed...

I could be wrong though.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless something has changed recently, it could be removed via disarm.

I have a mage with some skill points on a scrapper that I use and I swear I remember being disarmed...

I could be wrong though.
You used to be able to be disarmed (about the time the craftable spellbooks with properties came out, don't know specifically when but it was a long time ago). As I recall, that was unintentional, so they corrected that, so you cannot have your book disarmed.

Edit: Looks like the changes were made around the end of 2008 (via a quick forum search)

Stayin Alive,

BG

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You used to be able to be disarmed (about the time the craftable spellbooks with properties came out, don't know specifically when but it was a long time ago). As I recall, that was unintentional, so they corrected that, so you cannot have your book disarmed.

Edit: Looks like the changes were made around the end of 2008 (via a quick forum search)

Stayin Alive,

BG
This honestly just made my day. Thank you.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow really? i thought they could be disarmed to. i'll have to check when i get home.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think some of the posters here are confusing the spellbook and shield being disarmed.

Shields could be disarmed for a VERY short period.

I really wish I had tested this last night when I was playing but I forgot..

Someone please test and confirm that I'm not just crazy and spellbooks can be disarmed.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's put it this way.....I want to know if I have to worry about either spellbook or shield being disarmed by the special move. To my knowledge...i'm pretty sure a shield is not disarmed, just the weapon. And if the spellbook cannot be disarmed, that is another lovely plus.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think some of the posters here are confusing the spellbook and shield being disarmed.

Someone please test and confirm that I'm not just crazy and spellbooks can be disarmed.
WHAT? i don't think shields can be disarmed, and i was almost positive a spellbook could be.

I think there was a short time when shields could be disarmed, and they fixed it. i dunno..LOST!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

There used to be a bug where attempting to re arm while on the dissarm timer dissarmed your shield.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHAT? i don't think shields can be disarmed, and i was almost positive a spellbook could be.

I think there was a short time when shields could be disarmed, and they fixed it. i dunno..LOST!
lol thats what I said!

It was for a very short time period sheilds could be disarmed, but that was fixed.

Cetric we're on the same page quit making things complicated.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maybe I was thinking about the shield disarm bug, which got fixed. Whoops.

I just tested out disarming spellbooks with a guildmate on TC1. I was able to successfully disarm him using Wrestling, Swords, Fencing, and Macing.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol thats what I said!

It was for a very short time period sheilds could be disarmed, but that was fixed.

Cetric we're on the same page quit making things complicated.
lol, i was actually kind of excited for a sec if spellbooks couldn't be disarmed - would've made life easier for a char im thinking of =/

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. On a wrestler mage.....if spellbooks could not be disarmed.....oh man.....the things I could do.

*smiles*

N

NickyDishes

i used to disarm books on my dexxer all the time....youd be surprised but with all the cramped and hybrid pvp templates nowadays, most of those stat increases on books quite a few wrestle mages rely on....

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellbooks can be disarmed and its been that way for years.
A lot of mages actually rely on the properties on their books.
I think they shouldve made spellbooks not disarm-able to give wrestling mages an edge.