• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cant Save my macros...Help

F

FencingParry

Please help
My macors wont save and I dont have UOAssist
everytime I log on to the game I have to make all my macros again.

I

imported_Spiritless

When you logout of the game, make sure you open your paperdoll and click the "logout" button, then confirm. If you are pressing the "X" in the top right-hand corner of the window, then your settings are not being saved. You have to logout using the correct method for it to work.

Hope this helped. Take care.

F

FencingParry

Thank you for your words. Unfortunately I always "log out"

G

You don't have two characters with the same name, do you? Or a thief character that uses a disguise kit and logs out under a "disguised" name? Or, possibly your character logs out while under the "Incognito" spell?

If none of the above apply, or even if they do, here's a simple workaround. After creating all your macros and logging out, find your shard folder, and inside that, the folder for the character (name) you set up all the macros for. Copy and paste this file into a separate directory you create just for this problem. You can even make a desktop shortcut for this, if need be. When you need to log in that character, copy and paste the files in this directory back into your uo directory under that character's name, then load UO and log-in with that character.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I saved them and went to put them back in the character named folder; but the folder was in there with the macros already.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is always going to be a macros file under each character folder, even if it contains no data. That does not mean the macros file contains all the changes you made. Are you sure the files were the same? Are you sure the macros2d.txt were the same as the one that you saved when you logged out after setting up all your macros? Did you check for a difference between file sizes?

Providing that you have logged out properly, as Spiritless stated above, you should be able save the entire character desktop for whichever character you set up the macros for. When you get ready to log that character in again, just copy and paste it all into your UO directory under that character's name. Just click to allow it to overwrite all, then open UO and log in with that character.

If you still have problems, it would be helpful to know what OS you are using. Do you have characters with the same name? Does this character use a disguise kit, or spells that might alter their appearance/name?

G

Try deleting the entire character folder. Once you log back in the system will make a new folder. Make one or two macros log out then back in to see if they saved. This has fixed one of my characters once.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What keys are you assigning the macros to?

UO macros assigned to numberpad keys will not save, regardless of how you logout.
I think some other keys will not save either.

Hope this helps.

F

FencingParry

Im using windowsxp
no characters with the same name
no disgusie kit
I log off using the hidden skill
When I get home I will try to delete the entire folder
the macro keys I made are on delete...end...pagedown
hmmm I guess they are not saving because even though they are
delete...end...etc....they are also number keys

J

Jacey626

I wanted to let you know that I am having the same problem. No matter what I do, they will not save. I was told by a GM to send in a bug report. (As of now, that bug report is still on my to-do list hehe)

Rhus Radicans

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you make a macro to a key that already has a macro assigned to it, the second one will not be recognized.

Go to your macro menu and clear out all your macros, so that when you try to see the ones already made nothing will show up. Then make a single macro and assign it to the F1 key (click APPLY and ENTER after you make it), test the macro before you log out to be sure it works, and then log out and see if it saves.

G

Click on the Options icon on your paperdoll. Next, click on the mouse icon and check to make sure you don't have a check mark next to "Use default desktop".

F

FencingParry

Good call on that one. I got all excited.
It was checked to use desktop default.
Unfortunately
I unchecked it redid the macros a couple times
and it still wont save....now going to try the wipe all my macros methods.
Thanks all
ok im back........
i deleted um all added a macro on F1 and on END and on page down...reboot etc.
F1 macro remained the other 2 didnt. Naturally its most convenient to craft with the keys that wont save, but HEY F1 works. Thanks all.
Feel free to add more if you figure a way to permanently save the END and or Page down key macros etc.

Rhus Radicans

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that still leaves you with a lot of options. All of the F function keys can be assigned macros, once you have assigned all those you can start assigning letter keys combined with ALT, CTRL and SHIFT. I have a simple code that I use for all of my characters, it's based on letter association, and works like this:

ALT + f = "all follow me."
ALT + g = "all guard me."
ALT + s = "all stop."
CTRL + s = "all stay."
ALT + k = "all kill."
ALT + m = meditate
ALT + c = circle of transparency

And so on. You may want to do things differently yourself, and there will be variations according to the skillsets of your various characters. I'm glad that you got the F1 macro working, that verifies that you don't have any underlying problems with your UO installation, you were just trying to assign keys that won't save for macro purposes.

G

Glad to hear you figured out the problem.
Unfortunately, in 2D UO, you cannot set a macro to the [END] key, [HOME] key, etc., nor the numeric keypad. If you really need, or use a lot of macros, you might want to explore the UO:KR client, or give UOAssist a try.

In UOAssist, there are preset macros for the [END] key, [HOME] key, etc., and the numeric keypad. For instance, you can set up UOAssist to recognize the weapon in your hand and when you hit the [DELETE] key, it will disarm that weapon. Hitting the [INSERT] key will rearm that weapon. The numeric keypad is set up for issuing commands to navigate a boat.

H

Highball

You can assign keys that will work when you're INside the game and create macros ... BUT

if you assign Keys that have a preset (computer operated functionality / defaulted) - like insert - pageUP and number pad keys
- then you can't re-use them since the keyboard keys of this type are defaulted when you reboot your computer (and the keyboard)
- the defaults simply override.

Use F keys wih combinations of [SHIFT] / [CTRL] / [ALT] ... OR normal text keys A to Z with the same combo.

I.e. spells ...

I have offensive spells assigned to [CRTL] - like "controlling" an adversary and using [ALT] like "ALTer ego" when using spells that
have player characteristics.

When going up one level in agression spells against an adversary i use [SHIFT] + [CTRL]

... same with [SHIFT] + [ALT] - and much easier to remember.

[CTRL]:

Mana Drain ... [CTRL] + M
Energy Vortex ... [SHIFT] + [CTRL] + E

[ALT]:

Reactive Armor ... [ALT] + R
Greater Heal ... [SHIFT] + [ALT] + G

&gt;

INgame commands i set up with a combo of [CTRL] + [ALT], like

(Tillerman commands i use a matrix of E,R,T - D,F,G - C,V,B and adjacent keys):

[CTRL] + [ALT] + E / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Turn Left&gt;

[CTRL] + [ALT] + R / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Forward&gt;
&lt; Moves boat forward at full speed &gt;

[CTRL] + [ALT] + T / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Turn Right&gt;

-

[CTRL] + [ALT] + D / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Left&gt;
&lt; Slides boat left at full speed &gt;

[CTRL] + [ALT] + F / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Stop&gt;
&lt; ... obvious &gt;

[CTRL] + [ALT] + G / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Right&gt;

-

[CTRL] + [ALT] + C / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Raise Anchor&gt;
(Like "Cleared" for departure)

[CTRL] + [ALT] + V / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Backwards&gt;
&lt; ReVerse at full speed &gt;

[CTRL] + [ALT] + B / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Drop Anchor&gt;
(Like "BONK" when it hits the ocean floor)

- adjacent ...

[CTRL] + [ALT] + S / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Slow Left&gt;
&lt; Slides left at half (or mayhaps one third) speed &gt;

[CTRL] + [ALT] + H / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;Slow Right&gt;

- adjacent ...

[CTRL] + [ALT] + A / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;One Left&gt;
&lt; Slides left ONE tile &gt;

[CTRL] + [ALT] + J / set function: [Say] (text) &lt;One Right&gt;

And so on ...

Create a macro setup on your main character that can be used for all your characters. Then copy to all your other characters
- later the same when changes have been made.

You CAN use ciffer keys from 0 to 9 - but use the number keys - NOT the NUM PAD keys since they are being defaulted by the NUM LOCK.

Good luck

F

FencingParry

Sorry for the late response.
Thank you very much. I guess im about as set as I can be now.