• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't recover items after death

G

gmcbroom

I've died a few times tonight. The first was to a Ronin npc that was following its programming and attacked. I wasn't able to defend and died. Thats NOT the problem. The problem is that when I resurrected and went to my corpse I double clicked the body and only an empty box came up. No gear inside or on my person nada. I figured it was just a one time fluke every game has them from time to time.
Now fast forward to a little while later ie a few hours . This time I was pked in Yew the guard zone is down thats NOT the problem on siege one expects it from time to time. But when I resurrected though there was nothing on my corpse. Thats not to big of an issue since dry looting ocurrs on my shard ie siege perilous. But again I click my corpse and just see an empty box. I'm starting to think its because of this last patch. Can you all ie developers, look into if my incident is isolated or not? If I'm not the only one then perhaps its the latest patch.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious. I'm not entirely familiar with Siege rules - you do not have auto-looting of your own corpse there?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, we do have autoloot, which means you expect to see an empty coffin, but he also said 'nor on my person'

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, we do have autoloot, which means you expect to see an empty coffin, but he also said 'nor on my person'
Sorry if that came out wrong, I was just a little confused by the description.

( I've not encountered anything this myself - *quickly tests dying/resurrecting a couple of times on TC1* )

G

gmcbroom

Yeah, Petra's right. It should jump either back in your inventory or on your person once you've double clicked your corpse but neither happened. Now since I play siege I don't get really attached to my items I expect to lose them from time to time; just not quite in the manner that I experienced last night. I hope it's just a bug they can fix. Anyone else running the open beta experience this?

O

Old Man of UO

Sometimes Ctrl-R will fix this. It closes all gumps and refreshes the screen, and sometimes fixes an empty pack. Sometimes.