• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't Login. Paid Sub. expired? Never even paid!

G

Anyone else having a problem logging in? I go to sign in this morning and after putting my user name and pw, a box pops up telling me "my paid subscription has expired" And won't let me log in. I've never paid for this game. Always been a free player. I can log in to one of my other accounts I made a few weeks after my main one, just not that one. Has this happened to anyone else?

B

baylee

I am in game on my main account witch was payed for but my free account isnt working I am having the exact same problem lol

D

DGLita

ive just tried logging in on a free account and I can get into EALand with it

G

Well I guess since I'm not the only one it is happening to, it makes me feel a bit better. But still pissed. I went and looked at my subscription status and it says it's SUSPENDED. But the only options it gives me are to put my credit card info or purchase time cards. But seeing as they aren't charging anyone anymore, I don't see the reason for that. It also shows that 14 of my 14 free days were used up...although I played for much longer than 14 days and this is all of a sudden happening now? I checked my other two accounts and one says 6 of my 14 days has been used, and the other says 8 of my 14 days have been used...yet I made them more than 2 days apart. I've emailed support but don't see them answering since they've decided to shut the game down. I don't know. It just really sucks.

K

Kimberlie

So after luring us back are they not going to allow us to enjoy the last few months on our free accounts?

K

Kimberlie

Apparently all my roomies are getting on with no problem, their accounts were made after mine as I talked them into joining the game. I'm the only one of us that can't get in.

G

I CAN get into my 2 free accounts that both say I haven't used up my free 14 days yet. It's only the free account that I have had the longest that I can't get into. So it's not all free accounts. I just don't understand why I've been playing for 50 something odd days and just NOW it is saying my 14 days is up and won't let me play???

G

2 of my 7 (Yes, I know) accounts have this problem. My owner of my store and the other roommie which I use to stock more objects. All my other Sims are fine, just the one which are part of my Store.

K

Kimberlie

I'm currently a free player, though I have paid from time to time when I was able to. I was a beta player from original tso. I'm been a loyal fan and customer of EA for years, and I've given them lots of money.

Now my free account has been suspended because the "free trial period" of 14 days is up, so I'm not able to enjoy the last few months of a game I love, I'm left out in the cold.

I own TS1 and all expansions, AND TS2 and most expansions, However, EA has gotten the last dollar they'll ever get from me. They can take thier TS3 and shove it.

G

Apparently free accounts are now limited to 14 days. (Nice of them to let us know, huh?!) Here's what my subscription info says for my free account:

The Sims Online
The Sims Online Registration | Registered

Coupons/Promotions Days Remaining:
The Sims Online: 14-Day Free Trial 10 of 15

G

They had the 14 day trial thing on the subscription in affect since the beginning of the Free account thing. The reason they did this was because it was suppose to get rid of "The Sims Online" subscription and they were suppose to convert the accounts under the new "EA Land" subscription. But since they decided to get rid of the game they never updated anything.

G

Has anyone tried calling customer service?

To me, it sounds like a toggle or control that was overlooked.
I am not generally an optimistic person, but I think there is at least a 66% chance that a Customer Service representative could fix an individual's account so that account could play again, if a person called and inquired about it.

The customer service numbers are stickied at the top of this forum.

G

I did try calling. Got no where. All I could get was voice automated stuff and then it said my problem could only be fixed by online support. Emailed them early this morning and have not heard anything.

G

Armonia posted the below instructions for how to get to a Billing customer representative this morning. I have no idea if it will work for a temp account problem, but it is worth a shot:

<blockquote><hr>

For fastest access to a representative to request a refund (or after 30 days, inquire about a missing credit email):

* Dial (US) 1-866-543-5435
* Say "my account"
* Say "make payment"
* Say "talk to an agent"

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone tried calling customer service?

[/ QUOTE ]Are those of us outside the USA screwed as usual?

I guess we aren't even going to see Parazid or anyone around here that can look into it for us... having been given the elbow, they were probably made to sign non-disclosure agreements about what really happened before security would let them out the building.

A very sad end, and much harder to handle than it needed to have been. But that's EA. Why fail when you can irritate people and fail spectacularly?

J

jafo1972

Apparently us free players now have less than 2 weeks left to play. My accounts that I kept getting expiration notice e-mails are now unable to log in and my main account shows 5 days left.

Gee thanks EA, I paid over $500 to play this game in the past and you can't even let me stay on as a free player for a lousy 3 months.

G

aj, Armonia is in the US and provided the step by step instructions on how she got ahold of EA for us earlier today. That's the number she used, so that's the number I provided.

M

mpn

I presume that since the game is being closed, there is not and will not be a solution to this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I presume that since the game is being closed, there is not and will not be a solution to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't assume anything right now.

I do not have a free trial account that is going through this cancellation.
If I did, I would call EA customer service and write to support via the EA Ask a Question feature on the Knowledgebase and inquire if having my free trial changed over to to subscription status was possible.

J

jafo1972

I called the 866 number and got my other 3 accounts back up and running.

I found out that free accounts have been switched to "trial accounts" but that the time is supposed to refill every 2 weeks. I'll believe that when I see it.

M

mpn

So I can get my free account working again by calling tech support? Do I say "make payment" even though I'm not making a payment?

J

jafo1972

Yeah, the main thing is to get to talk to a representative. They can set it all up for you.

S

shadowmistress

Well I'm in the UK as well and I broke down and called them. When you go thru the menu, after you say 'make payment' be sure to then choose the 'credit card' option otherwise you don't get to talk to an agent, you just get an automated voice telling you to go to the website.