• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't Join Factions

R

Rifanil

I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing, but I'm trying to join factions (CoM specifically) on Siege. When I double-click the faction stone, I don't get any dialog, nothing at all. I've tried all 4 faction stones, same thing every place.

Since Siege only allows 1 character per account, I know I don't have any others in factions on Siege, and I've checked the chars I have on other shards as well - no factions anywhere on any shard.

My account definitely isn't new, and the character isn't in any guild. I do have a war horse from way back in the stable. Could that have anything to do with it? If not, any other thoughts?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your war horse shouldn't create a problem at all. We've switched factions a couple of times and have still been able to ride the war horse from the previous faction until dismounted or killed. Some have had stabled war horses as well.

Are you able to enter the faction bases at all?

You might consider calling a GM and ask him to check your character data to make sure there are no data glitches present that would prevent you from joining.

I once had a character that could not use the Help Stuck option for 2+ years. I searched and searched for an answer or someone who could provide an answer as to why that was happening. Sunsword [the Producer of UO at the time] suggested I call a GM, explain the problem and have him check for data glitches. Turns out the Help request was stuck in the on position and automatically put me into the que for GM help instead of giving me a town to choose. The GM was able to fix it in a matter of seconds.

R

Rifanil

Hey Kat, thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and released the warhorse, so that's definitely out of the equation. Good to know it hasn't been an issue in the past.

Can't enter any of the bases, or get a gump from any of the faction stones. Works fine on other shards, and other accounts work fine on Siege.

I think you're right - it's either call a GM, or stone my skills, delete the character, and create a new one. Again, thanks for the help.

W

woj1s

I have done research into this and have found one character that had the same problems.

My character was the head of a guild and six years ago i just stopped playing. The guild continued but eventually all the players left or quit. I recently came back and found that my character could not join factions. I have heard this is a bug from not officially quitting the guild.

This is fixed I hear, from taking this bugged character and creating a new guild. I am wondering if it could also be fixed from entering a guild? I dont want to spend 25k to register a guild for one man. I have been attempting to join a guild to see if that works. If not than ill spend the money.