• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't insert image link anymore

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried to create a post that includes the link to an image today? When I try it gets to the point where you can insert the link, but doesn't allow the link insertion.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the double post.... there was a long enough lag so I hit post the 2nd time...

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup. It's been an issue with me for a while now and cant use the media either.

About to just give up completely.

T

Tazar

Cute Cat Video Link

Inserting the image directly worked for me - as did creating a link with the image. I am not sure if it is something I am doing differently than you - or if it is in the forum permissions somewhere.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well hopefully this will get fixed for IE. I shouldn't have to change to another browser I dont care for.

It just plain sucks and the boards are bloody laggy. I can be playing GW2 with 200 people in the immediate area, mass spells and fighting all round,at full video graphics turned on and not lag but log on to Stratics it takes like 3 mins to just make a post.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently can't seem to edit a post, in IE or Chrome

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xencrea was working great prior to the recent "upgrade"...

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same issue. I cant edit, post image and media. Let me add to other issues, sometimes I try to change to the other Stratics game forums and its like I am froze. Wont change most times and I end up closing the browser and then have to open a new one, come back to Stratics, re-sign in and then finally I can go view another forum Stratics cover.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah cant edit the above and the lag isnt taking all my typing lol. So I am constantly backspacing because just to get a senetnce out. Time to take a holiday from Stratics till this is fixed.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know if it will help you find answers to the current problems posting, but another thing I've noticed since these issues began is that my cursor seems to be in a constant state of flux, ie it "flutters" (no offense to Flutter) between an arrow and the Win7 spinning doughnut on every Stratics page, but on no other site...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else having problems with editing posts? I am running Firefox and every time I hit "edit" nothing happens. I've tried disabling AdBlock but that doesn't fix it.
Viper09 posted this in his thread "Problem with Editing Posts".
Could a Mod acknowledge these issues please, and if needed - keep posts in one thread...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem has been fixed, so the notice has been removed. It was following on from the notice 'Scheduled Downtime for Stratics Forums--Postponed'

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am doing some testing. Same issue with using the forum button above. Wont change page at all. still lagging but not as bad. Media and image still same issue.

Now going to test edit feature

Ok it works but the media, image and lag still the same. So what are you all doing because it's not me or my side that has caused this issue?

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still can't link an image and the "my cursor seems to be in a constant state of flux, ie it "flutters" (no offense to Flutter) between an arrow and the Win7 spinning doughnut on every Stratics page, but on no other site... " issue is still there. Did Stratics recently do an update to Xencrea? I know you said you were going to a while back... Stratics has been just great since you changed the forum software, but the last few days (maybe a week or so) it's been just really laggy - plus the issues mentioned above...

T

Tazar

Cute Cat Video - again

Hmmm posting these again using Internet Explorer. When I first hit the icon for image or link - I get the gump box - but it is all white. I had to wait up to 30 seconds and click the white area to get the full info loaded to insert the link.

Something does seem to be causing a delay in internet explorer - but it did work.

Not sure what else I can do to help - but maybe the info here can give clues to a solution.

Edit: Interesting... in Firefox - I can see the video in motion here on the forum... but in Internet Explorer - the image flickers forward a few frames and then locks up.

Last edited by a moderator:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I'm using Chrome now and the ability to include a link seems to work... It still isn't working in my version of IE (which I believe to be current) under Win7.

And yes, Tazar, your cat video loops just fine on Chrome but is static on IE...

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it helps, here's what I see when attempting to include a link in both Chrome and IE....
The top image (normal) is using Chrome, the bottom is IE:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK now I am in Google Chrome and going to try image and media.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it bloody works with no issues. Just regular IE which mine is updated so it has to be the software on Stratics.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Tazar. Your video plays the same for me in chrome and IE so I was having no issue viewing stuff just posting

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The Internet is moving toward increased use of jQuery. XenForo was one of the early adopters, and now it's competitors are beginning to follow suit--vBulletin 5, Burning Board 4, IPB, and likely MyBB 2.0. Unfortunately, even the most updated versions of IE are simply bad processing jQuery. Developers are as baffled by IE's delayed adoption as I am. So in a way, it is the software at Stratics, but anticipate similar challenges at other major sites as IE continues to lag behind not only its competition, but also technological advancement in generally.

This month, I am hoping to change hosts and complete the upgrade that we had to postpone. This should make the site quicker and more efficient. However, until Microsoft decides to join the rest of the Internet in proper jQuery support, there are going to be IE-related challenges.

P.S. I really want this site to work well, obviously. I'm not very technical and find these types of problems frustrating. My day job (who actually pays me) may give me a pay boost soon, which I hope to use to hire a real life tech admin who can fix all these issues. Sorry it seems like it's taking a long time to fix everything. I'm working on it and hope to get it completed a.s.a.p.!

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chrome fixed it for me. No lag or any other issues now

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I just had to refresh twice to see this reply field. God, I hate technology. :(

Anyway, goal is to figure out the best ways to get it working on all browsers as best we can.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much, Taylor for adding to our understanding of what is happening... There are some things that I like about IE and some things I like about Chrome... For now, at least I know that I can switch over to Chrome whenever I want to include a link... And yes, Microsoft does need to get off it's arse and implement up-to-date improvements to jQuery... But in case they don't (which is certainly possible) I'm hoping XenForo can do whatever they need to do to work around this issue...

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Likewise. Sorry for the trouble, meanwhile.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay, I am running IE 10 here and I am not having a single problem.
If you aren't running IE10, try upgrading to it, as it is out for Windows 7 as well now.
If you are running IE10 and is having problems, try disabling add-ons and toolbar extensions as shown here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...able-disable-toolbars-extensions-add-ons.html

Many of those toolbars can cause problems and hinder javascript processing, since they may block some requests. Babylon toolbar is one of the most problematic ones.
Disabling those toolbars may also solve many problems within IE 9 as well.

Last edited: