• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can't get UO to load

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried on my gaming pc and even my old laptop i used ot run it on. It havent been on since march is there any problem that i don't know aobut with the classic client?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even with full file checks and complete reinstallations, at times the patcher has seemed stuck, and it seems screwier and screwier. After I reactivated my house-holder accounts and logged in, no problem (and nothing to patch). Then a few hours later when checking something else, the patcher just sat there for 10 minutes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I log in 4 accounts every day and have had no patching issues in years.

Even with full file checks and complete reinstallations, at times the patcher has seemed stuck, and it seems screwier and screwier. After I reactivated my house-holder accounts and logged in, no problem (and nothing to patch). Then a few hours later when checking something else, the patcher just sat there for 10 minutes.
I see why you have trouble understanding that UO RNG works. You cant outsmart a game that others can log into every day.

Someone posts here every time they can not get in. There are not many of those circumstances. As with your RNG analysis, user error.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Every time I have had that issue I have ran the client as admin to patch. That seems to fix it for me. Good luck tho.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hear that a lot. I do not run anything on my PC as administrator. I don't have that many programs on it tho.

The most common reason something does not work for me is my Virus program. I have finally learned how to operate Bit Defender well enough to keep it for 4 years now. Usually they do not last that long because they do something to not let me play UO so they get removed.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hear that a lot. I do not run anything on my PC as administrator. I don't have that many programs on it tho.
The patcher needs to run as administrator. For the game itself admin does no difference at all.