Cant get UO to install GEEK HELP NEEDED

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
I had uo on my computer for since 2003. UO2d, UO3d, a,few betas, UO samurai empire, KR. I deleted it all. I downloaded UO 2 time and tried loading it off the 9th anniversary disks and get Error 5009 0x8002802b during set up make sure you finish previous setup and close other applications. with option report details ok. I click ok and it ends. What gives?

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Hmm sounds like you deleted the folders that held UO but didnt uninstall the program. If you knew someone computer savvy I would say to clean up the registry entries but since your posting here I would suggest during the install when it asks where you would like to Install UO pick a different location than the default hopefully it will decide then that this is a fresh install and let you proceed

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
It doesn't give an option where to install it. UO 2d 3d and samurai aren't listed in uninstall programs any more, but KR is when I try to uninstall that I get the same message. So I deleted the whole ea file and deleted them off the start button too. but kr is still listed on the remove programs list. I dont care about KR it never ran right I just want 2d uo on my computer.

W

Wallenstein

Go to My Computer > Local Disk ( C: ) (or your main hard drive where games are installed) > Program Files > Common Files > InstallShield.

In this folder, rename the 'Professional' folder to 'Professional_1'. Now try your installation again :). You can also delete the 'Professional' folder, but renaming should also work.

Hope it helps,
Wally

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
Go to My Computer > Local Disk ( C: ) (or your main hard drive where games are installed) > Program Files > Common Files > InstallShield.

In this folder, rename the 'Professional' folder to 'Professional_1'. Now try your installation again :). You can also delete the 'Professional' folder, but renaming should also work.

Hope it helps,
Wally

there is file professional file called RunTime

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
I renamed to Professional_1 and it loading now thank you :thumbup:

W

Wallenstein

there is file professional file called RunTime
Yeah, just rename the Professional folder rather than deleting it. It should work to resolve the issue you're having. Don't worry about files within the Professional folder. Renaming it should be harmless, as you can always rename it back to 'Professional' if for some reason it doesn't fix your issue.

Edit: No problem, glad to see it worked :)