• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't get Pinco to work.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Says it needs to be in that folder, but it is.

• I followed all the instructions in the set up guide and still don't work.
  • I downloaded the zip file to my computer
  • I extracted it
  • I moved that extracted folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced
  • found this file in UI Pacher folder UI Patcher.exe
  • made a shortcut of that on desktop, right clicked and said "run as admin"
Gave me message >

but it is in that folder, so IDK

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Says it needs to be in that folder, but it is.

I followed all the instructions in the set up guide and still don't work.
are you sure you have all the pre-requisites? also are you sure is in the game folder NO SUBFOLDERS at all?

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
are you sure you have all the pre-requisites? also are you sure is in the game folder NO SUBFOLDERS at all?
What pre-regs?

Ok, I looked into those re-regs and theres a lot.

dot net framework 2.0 can you even get that any more? I rune win10 64bit so I have like 3 or 4

I'm pretty sure I have most updated directed X

Which one of those Codexs do I need standard, basic, advance? And wow there's a lot of settigns for those two.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to paste the contents of the extracted folder into your game directory. Not copy the folder over.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
You need to paste the contents of the extracted folder into your game directory. Not copy the folder over.
Oh, ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

Ok, I think it's working, got this now, lots of patching.

When I downloaded the file, it says hasn't been updated for at least two years, but these patch notes seem like there from yesterday.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

Ok, I think it's working, got this now, lots of patching.

When I downloaded the file, it says hasn't been updated for at least two years, but these patch notes seem like there from yesterday.
yes last news is from yesterday, but if it doesn't apply the patch is because the game folder doesn't have the rights to read/write stuff.

Make sure the game folder (and all sub-folders) have the rights for the user "everyone" set to full control, also make exceptions in your antivirus/firewall/etc... for EC Playsound. UI Patcher and the game itself or you might have troubles later. Oh and obviously always start as administrator...

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Well now it's hung up on loading screen. I can see the interface behind but cant get image of Pinco off screen. Can even move around and stuff.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well now it's hung up on loading screen. I can see the interface behind but cant get image of Pinco off screen. Can even move around and stuff.

that happens because EC Playsound can't read/write files in the game folder, as said before, you need to add the rights to the folder and the exceptions to the antivirus...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey pinco any chance of a more recent "full" patcher so we can download a bigger .zip with all the files rather than having to download via the patcher after a re-install.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Ok, it's working, but I don't like it. LOL Well, it's very similar to regular EC but I guess I need to do a lot of setting up. I'm missing a list of my pets that I used to use with regular EC and I have two new lists, mobiles and party members and I can't seem to move them out of the way. Also, I went into options and made it so mouse is ignored on myself but now can't dismount. :) There is a lot I do like don't get me wrong, but seems heavy, I definitely think new ani-lore is a bit much. I also lost some of buttons &/or macros on my button bars.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey pinco any chance of a more recent "full" patcher so we can download a bigger .zip with all the files rather than having to download via the patcher after a re-install.
no, that would require to upload everything everytime I upload a patch (which is insane) :D

Ok, it's working, but I don't like it. LOL Well, it's very similar to regular EC but I guess I need to do a lot of setting up. I'm missing a list of my pets that I used to use with regular EC and I have two new lists, mobiles and party members and I can't seem to move them out of the way. Also, I went into options and made it so mouse is ignored on myself but now can't dismount. :) There is a lot I do like don't get me wrong, but seems heavy, I definitely think new ani-lore is a bit much. I also lost some of buttons &/or macros on my button bars.
the pet bar is on the top-left of the screen at first start.
The new dockspots can be moved ONLY when you open their settings.
The mouse ignore self is a default option because you can double click the status and to dismount you can use the mount/dismount button (Z by default)

To have a better experience it would be better to start with a clean profile instead of an old one so all would be less messy...

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Oh ok. To be fair, I just starting using EC. I really like the fact that you can open a corpse and click loot all. I finally figured out the scavenger agent which is kind of like UOAssist pick up regs. UOA is the only UI I've ever used until recently. I wish I could right click to open stuff like in many other MMOs, instead of double click, my finger is starting to hurt. I wish there was a way to loot all the corpse on the ground near me that I just created instead of going through each.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ok. To be fair, I just starting using EC. I really like the fact that you can open a corpse and click loot all. I finally figured out the scavenger agent which is kind of like UOAssist pick up regs. UOA is the only UI I've ever used until recently. I wish I could right click to open stuff like in many other MMOs, instead of double click, my figure is starting to hurt. I wish there was a way to loot all the corpse on the ground near me that I just created instead of going through each.
yeah the loot all corpse one by one is an archaic mechanic that the devs refuse to change... besides to change that they should reduce the amount of loot by 90% or you gonna need a garbage truck to loot anyway :lol:

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
yeah the loot all corpse one by one is an archaic mechanic that the devs refuse to change... besides to change that they should reduce the amount of loot by 90% or you gonna need a garbage truck to loot anyway :lol:
LOL So, how do I start with a clean profile? Find a folder for that character and delete it or just click on default settings or both?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL So, how do I start with a clean profile? Find a folder for that character and delete it or just click on default settings or both?
the profiles are in: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\<your account name>\<shard name>\<your character name>

or you can get rid of the user data folder entirely :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the fact that you can't move the dock spots without having the settings open, since I no longer move them by accident :)