• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't Get Old Account Info, Help!

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got off of a live chat. How brutal. I wanted to see if I could fire up my old Ultima Online account again. Forgot the password. Unfortunately the system sends the password to my old Earthlink.net account. I have not had Earthlink since the late 90's! I tried live chat and I gave them all of my old info, addresses, old phone numbers, birth dates, etc. They could not change the old email associated with the account to the new one.

This is completely unacceptable. At least Earthlink is still in business. God forbid if I created the account with a Prodigy email account.

Very frustrated..

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got off of a live chat. How brutal. I wanted to see if I could fire up my old Ultima Online account again. Forgot the password. Unfortunately the system sends the password to my old Earthlink.net account. I have not had Earthlink since the late 90's! I tried live chat and I gave them all of my old info, addresses, old phone numbers, birth dates, etc. They could not change the old email associated with the account to the new one.

This is completely unacceptable. At least Earthlink is still in business. God forbid if I created the account with a Prodigy email account.

Very frustrated..
i did the same thing when returning and it was painless. did they ask you a sercurity question that you could not answer ?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Very frustrated..
LoL - my first email account was with Earthlink and that is what I used for my UO account on launch day. I have not had this issue though.

I know that if you have the old CD key and some additional info about who had/used the account last you should be able to get the info from them. I am fairly certain that you do need the old CD key though so that may be why they are not being very helpful. From their point of view they could be making a very big mistake if you happened to be someone trying to be shady, but I am not suggesting you are at all! In fact I am sure you are in a common position. Do you happen to have the Old CD key and the login name?

Good luck!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Earthlink does have an "Earthlink Experience" style account, if you really badger them about it, that for $10 a month you get 5 emails and their web space, with you providing the internet connectivity. You also get like 10 hours a month dialup (which can be useful if you wander out of wireless range, or something wonky happens to your broadband service). You could activate one of those plans, with your old emails, long enough to get the account back, then discontinue the Earthlink service.

I still have my 15-year-old Earthlink accounts, as it was easier to pay for them to keep all my old mail connections going (and to serve as a spam trap - my emails for my accounts and for my truly personal email use are kept totally isolated that way). That it also includes free security software is nice, too.