• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't get beta to work, going insane...

S

Shinobi

I downloaded the 2 files, and it wouldn't work. Thinking that i need to move the files into the UO folder, i did. Still won't work, and now i can't delete them from the folder...frustration. Any ideas?

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clearly, you have obtained these files incorrectly. Try stealing them, they wont work if you obtain them through regular means.

S

Shinobi

Clearly, you have obtained these files incorrectly. Try stealing them, they wont work if you obtain them through regular means.
Ah, ok got it. I just had to get them uninsured, then stole them. They work fine now.

Seriously though, i'm just redownloading them. I'm gonna leave the others in the UO folder, it won't let me delete them but whatever. Time to wait another 30min for download...yay.

O

Old Man of UO

I downloaded the 2 files, and it wouldn't work. Thinking that i need to move the files into the UO folder, i did. Still won't work, and now i can't delete them from the folder...frustration. Any ideas?
Which version of Windows are you using? Have you tried running the program as Administrator? If you can't delete the files from the folder and can't delete the whole folder make sure it isn't open or trying to install itself.

There are other bugs, especially with Windows Vista, that can prevent you from deleting files from folders if the UAC and user account get corrupted. Hopefully you aren't using Vista.