• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't find locations

Kazzak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I am a returning player after many years and feeling very stupid right now! I cannot for the life of me find any t-map locations. I find the general area and have gone to a tmap library and recalled to the spot. I found the number of the spot using the tmap archive. I downloaded UOAM but got a black screen. I downloaded UO Cartographer, but it cannot locate my character. I have been trying to dig everywhere in the general area, but all it says is you can't mine here. What could I be doing wrong please? I am using a shovel to dig with

Thanks

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Treasure hunting is very different now. The library system is not really useful. The maps spawn random locations now.

"I have been trying to dig everywhere in the general area, but all it says is you can't mine here. What could I be doing wrong please? I am using a shovel to dig with" For this problem, make sure after you double click shovel you target map first then the spot to dig. I don't use the map programs so I have no idea there. I use the davis locker and mining skill to locate the spots now.

Kazzak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't targeting the map before the ground with the shovel. Thankyou so much I have managed to do a tmap now lol

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm keeping all my t maps ready for after the new publish comes out.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here you go popps: http://stratics.com/community/index.php?threads/Transcript-of-Developer-Meet-&-Greet-04June2014---Atlantic-Shard.316718/

Check Mr Ekos question.

[14/06/04][18:37:27] [Mr Eko]: hello
[14/06/04][18:37:28] [Mesanna]: hi Mr Eko
[14/06/04][18:37:29] [Kyronix]: Hello Mr Eko
[14/06/04][18:37:40] [Mr Eko]: treasure chest loot
[14/06/04][18:37:49] [Mr Eko]: 99 % trash
[14/06/04][18:37:57] [Mr Eko]: can you revamp it
[14/06/04][18:37:59] [Mesanna]: then you are in luck
[14/06/04][18:38:06] [Mesanna]: stay tuned to the next publish
[14/06/04][18:38:10] [Misk]: not for long....
[14/06/04][18:38:11] [Mesanna]: already changed =)
[14/06/04][18:38:17] [Mr Eko]: awesome
[14/06/04][18:38:20] [Mr Eko]: :)
[14/06/04][18:38:22] [Kyronix]: The revamp train is a....coommmin!
[14/06/04][18:38:23] [Mr Eko]: sos too?
[14/06/04][18:38:24] [Mesanna]: *grins*
[14/06/04][18:38:28] [Mesanna]: yes
[14/06/04][18:38:31] [EM Bennu]: *cheers*
[14/06/04][18:38:37] [Mr Eko]: you read my mind
[14/06/04][18:38:43] [Mr Eko]: good skill
[14/06/04][18:38:45] [Mesanna]: lol got lucky
[14/06/04][18:38:51] [Mr Eko]: hehe
[14/06/04][18:38:53] [Mr Eko]: ty
[14/06/04][18:38:57] [Mesanna]: see we do listen =)
[14/06/04][18:39:00] [Mr Eko]: goodnight
[14/06/04][18:39:03] [Mesanna]: you're welcome

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not sure why the two mapping programs are not working for you. I use uo mapper which works well as it matches the area very well. Mining helps locate the chest by increasing the area searched. Also you don't have to click the shovel. Click on the map and it will offer two choices: open map and dig. Click on dig and it gives you a cursor to target the area.
Another cool change is maps now include Malas. Ter Mur, and Tokuno .

Last edited:

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd much rather they fix the bugged clients that make the maps show the treasure chest a screen away from its true location.

Kazzak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankyou I am downloading UO Mapper now. I have GM mining on my thunter. I discovered the options on the maps by accident!! lol done a few maps now :))

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, this may be a bit embarrassing for a 14 year vet to say but what is shame style loot?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the link! I have a bad feeling this will take me another 14 years to figure out what is worth keeping and what to throw out. :dunce::p

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you use EC and Pincos, there is a video you should watch...and of course I cannot locate it....it was done by Storm, its on youtube (Storm, help a brother out with a link would ya?) on how to setup Pinco's for THunting. For me anyways, this revolutionized how I THunt. I find the chest within a minute once I do as the video sez, and as I've gotten better at it, it takes less and less time and hassle, and I do it with NO mining skill. No wasted skill points. Give it a watch, give it a shot, try it out cause it may seem a bit confusing, but once you play with it, you'll pick it up quickly.

Good Luck.
Parrot