• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't Find Devs spot, so I'll ask here...name ban on new character? Nancy Pelosi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to make a new character named Nancy Pelosi and run her around Felucca for a little bit, hit create character and I get "UNACCEPTABLE NAME".

Now, I have been the queen of work arounds for some really unacceptable (and funny) names in the past, but Nancy Pelosi??? Seriously!!

Out of curiosity I tried making a character named Donald Trump (figuring that maybe political figures/celebrity etc. names are banned) and that went right through. He's standing in New Haven. Wth?

So Devs, can I have an explanation on why Nancy is unacceptable but Donald is fine OR in fairness ban all those names.

Thank you!

*goes to try Chuck Shumer*

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your idea is to name a character after a real person, so you can run around in fel to presumably be killed?

This seems to be trolling, implying threats, and engaging in real life political discussion. Nice job, you hit a trifecta.

Also, the devs don't reply here. If you have issues with naming, take it up on the official forums.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So your idea is to name a character after a real person, so you can run around in fel to presumably be killed?

This seems to be trolling, implying threats, and engaging in real life political discussion. Nice job, you hit a trifecta.

Also, the devs don't reply here. If you have issues with naming, take it up on the official forums.
AAARRRRR, me new character Androo Yang do be running for Governor o' Yew on a platform of 1000gp per month fer all inhabitants!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As said earlier, names that contain the 3 letters of OSI are considered to be unallowed. There are several naming filters built into the client that usually have nothing to do with real-world politics or otherwise.
But speaking of, political discussion is not allowed in most areas of Stratics, so I am locking this thread before it goes down that road.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As said earlier, names that contain the 3 letters of OSI are considered to be unallowed. There are several naming filters built into the client that usually have nothing to do with real-world politics or otherwise.
But speaking of, political discussion is not allowed in most areas of Stratics, so I am locking this thread before it goes down that road.
Not meaning to step on the lock, but the filters are a bit oversensitive. After all, consider the ironic humor of "Constitution" being a bad name in UO, for a game based in the DC area....

Status
Not open for further replies.