• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't enter house with pet

B

Boogieman

On two occasions I haven't been able to enter my own house with a recently tamed pet. I know for sure that on one occasion the pet was grey.

Is this a bug or is it intended to be so?

I'm surprised I got bumped from my own house. I could understand the pet might be bumped when grey - but my char...? :coco:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd report it as a bug, though it's likely to be connected to the code which prevents you being flagged as aggressor to someone and entering your house mid-fight. I'm sure I've had the same problem when I attacked a pet by accident and tried to run inside, but it's been a while since I was that dipsy.

You could also send it through the feedback form as a FoF question, then we might learn if it's intended or not.

Wenchy

T

Trinsie

This happens to me all the time. When I tame a pet I will not be able to enter my own house. Or even more common if I tame a pet, even if I relese and kill it or stable it I cannot do a safe log out at an inn or my house if I want to switch characters. I am forced to log out and wait for my character to log as if I were in the middle of no where to bring a new character in.

5% Luck

I beliove this was apart of the fix intended to stop dragons from flying in to player houses in PvP. It had the effect of a grey pet being flaged criminal and starting the no house entry timer.

The logout bug just sux. Best thing is to relog in that same char and wait 2 mins for the timer to cool then you can log as normal. Just letting your char sit logged in waiting for auto log to kickin takes much longer than the timer.