• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't decode maps

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what happened but my T-hunter can't decode any maps today. I have 100 cart and a 17% cart tally (if that is really doing anything to bump it up) and today I am consistently getting the message: "You study the treasure map but need more time to attempt to decode."
Anyone else having this problem? I was doing hoard maps just fine last night and now I can't even decode a stash map.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't know what happened but my T-hunter can't decode any maps today. I have 100 cart and a 17% cart tally (if that is really doing anything to bump it up) and today I am consistently getting the message: "You study the treasure map but need more time to attempt to decode."
Anyone else having this problem? I was doing hoard maps just fine last night and now I can't even decode a stash map.
Buggy buggy..Hopefully will get the bugs fixed..

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems to be limited to the oldest maps in my table. They are probably 8-10 years old.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's what it says, needs time. I'm guessing before that message it said it was too long since you read it. It's re-setting with a new location. Wait a while and you'll be able to decode it. Unless, that is, you've already waited and still getting that message.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took them out of the table and put them in a chest. I'll try putting them back and let them be for a week.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A week may not be long enough. It takes 30 days to reset.

I have a small box I throw maps into that I don't want to dig, and take them back out when they're tattered again. I got one yesterday in the middle of the hedge maze, I decided I wasn't going to run around those hedges trying to kill beasts.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, no, you only need to wait a few minutes. After 30 days a map will revert to 'tattered' with a new location, but the new location only starts to set when you take it out of the locker, it needs a few minutes to set the new location that's all. We got the same message when we were getting maps off the clickys on test center for testing. Kyronix explained why there was a delay before we could read them.