• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't Create Sims in Regular Cities due to TC3 Sims

• Thread starter imported_Spacey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Spacey

Help! I opened one of my old accounts again to start playing more in TC3. I created 3 sims in TC3 first, which I found out later was a mistake. Now my create a sim screen says all my slots are full when I patch back, and I am unable to create in the regular cities. The problem is that when you patch back to the regular cities, you are not offered those arrows to page back and forth to new sim slots. When I patched to TC3 it shows I have slots left, but I unfortunately can't create in, for example, AV when I am patched to TC3. It makes me patch back to regular and poof, no empty slots, no arrows... and I am stuck with no sims in regular cities!
*cries eyes out* Will there be a fix for this, or will I have to delete my 3 TC3 sims and start over...regular cities first? This will be a big problemo for newbies or folks like me opening old or new accounts.

Thanks, Spacey

G

It has been like this since June. I do not believe a fix is going to happen. You have to delete all the TC3 sims to create 3 in the other cities. Those of us who deleted to go to TC3 are only allowed 2 sims in the production cities. You can only delete one sim per week. To delete all 3 it will take you 2 weeks. Unless you can live with one or 2 in production cities you can just delete 1 or 2 in TC3 and transfer all your items to one sim in TC3. As soon as you have less than 3 in TC3 a slot will open for you for TSO. To get all 3 slots available all TC3 sims will need to be deleted.

I

imported_Spacey

Ugh, what a headache. I guess I am going to cancel the account until something can be done. I am not going to waste money not being able to really play the way I would like too.

I

imported_remflyer

This is a problem that they are aware of and plan to correct at some point. I bought it up to one of the developers weeks ago in the pub. My suggestion is to go to the Community Pub when Lee Fancey is there and tell him what you did. Ask him if he could please delete your TC3 sims so you can go make your production sims first. He has help other players in deleting their unwanted sims.

This post should hopefully remind the developers that we really need to see two different screens when logging into our cities. Three slots for production and six for TC3. I think they may be may have been holding off on doing this since eventually there may be changes in this when we finally complete the merges. With new free accounts entering the game and older players reactivating their accounts we really need to differentiate between the two types of cities and not have our TC3 sims sliding into production city slots.

L

legscroft

This is something that really irritates me. I want to be able to get prepared in production cities with a lot and a house and items like everyone else can & I wish they would fix it.

Edited to add:

And I don't feel I should have to delete my TC3 sims in order to play in production cities...so I keep waiting. I hope it is fixed before the merge to ea-land

I

imported_Spacey

I would keep waiting too, but I don't want to pay for an account that I can't use fully. I cancelled for now, but will start back as soon as I can. I didn't cancel to be nasty about the whole thing, I just think it is fair for me to do so. I do hope they change this, and I will try to catch someone at the pub...unfortunately I am usually not on at that time because of work.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

This is something that really irritates me. I want to be able to get prepared in production cities with a lot and a house and items like everyone else can &amp; I wish they would fix it.

Edited to add:

And I don't feel I should have to delete my TC3 sims in order to play in production cities...so I keep waiting. I hope it is fixed before the merge to ea-land

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask about this at the Pub tonight. Lee said it will not be fixed until the final merge. Unless you wish to delete enough of your TC3 sims to create an opening on the TSO side there is nothing else they can do.

Tonight Lee told us at the pub that when EA-Land fully opens we will have eight slots available there. One slot for a new creation, three TSO and four BV slots. There will also be six slots available for TC3.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I would keep waiting too, but I don't want to pay for an account that I can't use fully. I cancelled for now, but will start back as soon as I can. I didn't cancel to be nasty about the whole thing, I just think it is fair for me to do so. I do hope they change this, and I will try to catch someone at the pub...unfortunately I am usually not on at that time because of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will not be fixing this until EA_Land opens (see my post above). Lee can be contacted here on Stratics if you can't make it to the club.

T

Tristan Lewis

Now my Question to the number of sim slots after the merge is............. What if we dont curently have BV sims?

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

Now my Question to the number of sim slots after the merge is............. What if we dont curently have BV sims?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question! I don't know the answer to that. BV is going to be the last city merged because of the difficulties. Maybe they don't know how that will be handled yet either.