• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Can't chat. Says Spam Detected

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever since this last patch, I can't chat more than one line of text at a time. Keeps saying Spam Detected... something about a queing. Then I have to wait. Party chat works normally.
Does this even with no skins and after restart.
Anyone else?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has got me too; I'm using the basic Enhanced, no skins, but on the third or so press of my "Claim The Bank Guards Pay" macro, as I was bringing out pets, feeding them to see if they bonded, and putting them back it said I was spamming... and now I'm getting queued for every comment, effectively rendering me unable to play as I can't juggle my pets, or even put them back!

Edit: I relogged and on the second try, I got caught just typing two sentences in Guild chat... this is most frustrating, as a tamer I can't control my pets as the macros for All Kill get caught by the spam filter :(

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't play either with the new client

how can they not replicate this bug?

just say "all follow me" 3 times (even if it is delayed) and they will see

or releasing, securing, or ANYTHING that involves chat

most frustrating...i can't remember how to play the old client and i don't really want to either.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't play either with the new client

how can they not replicate this bug?

just say "all follow me" 3 times (even if it is delayed) and they will see

or releasing, securing, or ANYTHING that involves chat

most frustrating...i can't remember how to play the old client and i don't really want to either.
I haven't been able to replicate this bug. :(

I've said several things multiple times with no issues.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I cant reproduce it either !

S

Sturdy

I have same problem. Came up last night chatting and today moving plants around. I had to store plant in a box and give up on it.

EC Copper Enhanced.

Really bad bug.

B

Bersi

Same problem. If you want to reproduce the bug try sending complete sentences, not the single words. Like: "Hello my dear friends!", "How are you today eh?", "I'm alright thank thee.". Spam filter will eventually block you after a couple of sentences.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as I logged in it caught me again; Admittedly I had to go around the patcher to get in, because it didn't show up visibly, and has to be cancelled via Task Manager, so this is launching straight from UO.exe.... and this is me typing test sentences that are longer than 1 second to type, and then once the spam filter starts kicking in, just saying "Stable" every 20 seconds or so, trying to get fed pets back inside once more...

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
info for devs:

using spells does not cause any spam problems
but once you type a sentence more than twice or the sentence is similar (so after the 3rd time) you get into the "spam mode" and after that you are marked for spamming for almost everything you type, whether it's slow or not, even in guild chat.

perhaps (with the last update) a programmer forgot to reset a certain variable, because once you get the "spam detected" message the only way to get out of "spammer mode" is to relog but even then it will kick in quicker than if you hadn't logged in for a while.

also it doesn't matter if there is a long delay between using the macro's. It also doesn't matter if you use a macro to say the sentence or if you type it yourself.

and what bersi said: only if you use a sentence that is the same or similar more than twice. Even if you say something else in between.

ie. i made a typo while testing

i wish to releas this
i wish to release this
i wish to release this -> spam detected

another example:

hoi wei woei wosks dksl
ajo gmme wee ffio
slkal ewowei woei
woei las dksl -> spam detected (woei used for 3rd time)

ps: just in case you wonder is this swedish or polish? no it's just keyboard spam :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bteng_mythic posted this in ask the devs

If your Enhanced Client is patched up to version 4.0.5.1, this should no longer be happening.