• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't access account information.

S

Shantia

I recently bought some items from the game code store, and when i went to log into my account lo and behold they are changing things up to my surprise (recently returned). Now, i played DAoC and had all my DAoC accounts linked to my EA account. But none of my uo accounts are showing up to be linked other then ONE which is an inactive account and holds no interest for me.

I don't want to go remaking a whole new ea account to get access to my main active accounts, i'd rather have everything linked to the one email etc. How do i do this? I am so baffled right now and a bit annoyed :(

The email i used on my main active uo accounts is not the same as my ea account, but there has to be some way to link these to my ea account right? Please help.

*UPDATE*
I figured out that i need to do the _uo at the end of the "master account" in order to get the uo accounts to link up thanks to a guide i finally found. But 2 of the accounts say they are unable to link and give's no reason why. Is this common?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to the Account Management site (https://accounts.eamythic.com) and instead of logging in with an EA Account, use the Mythic Master Account section in the bottom right corner to log in to the accounting system (temporarily) by using a UO account name that hasn't already been successfully linked to an EA account and your UO account's password. You'll have to add "_uo" to the UO account name when you log in this way.

Once you get past the first screen, you should see a message telling you which EA Account the system has tentatively assigned your UO accounts to and that EA Account name should be the same as the e-mail address that was stored with your UO account information in the old accounting system.

If that's the e-mail address/EA Account you want to go ahead with for setting up an EA Account for that UO Account, follow the screen instructions for going ahead with the process to link to that e-mail address/EA Account. (You might have to use the lost password function though if you don't know the EA Account password and it's unlikely you do if you've never used it before.) If you'd like to instead link that UO account to a different address, use the section on the right side of the page to set up a completely different EA Account.

Once you get that first UO account linked to the e-mail address you want, stay logged into that EA Account and click on the Link button and follow the instructions to link more Mythic Master Accounts (i.e., UO accounts) to it, up to a total of 9 or maybe 10 if you never were asked to assign a persona to that EA Account.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*UPDATE*
I figured out that i need to do the _uo at the end of the "master account" in order to get the uo accounts to link up thanks to a guide i finally found. But 2 of the accounts say they are unable to link and give's no reason why. Is this common?
There seems to be a limit of 9 UO or DAoC or WHO accounts you an add to one EA Account that also has a persona name. If your EA Account doesn't have a persona name, you might be able to link 10 UO, DAoC or WHO accounts under that EA Account. Once you hit that limit, Customer Support's been telling people to set up an additional EA Account (or more as necessary) to link their other UO/DAoC/WHO accounts.

Note: If you plan to use the same credit/debit card on multiple EA Accounts, you probably need to make sure all the accounts use the same birthdate/personal info. At least one player has run into problems trying to set up additional EA Accounts using his kids' info but his credit/debit card info. Was told by CS that it couldn't be done. He ended up buying and using Netspend prepaid debit cards for the kids' accounts.

S

Shantia

Well crud. Now i'm wishing i hadn't linked my WAR account which i never played lol. Are there way's to unlink accounts. I have a hard enough time remembering 'email's and passwords' for other stuff as it is! urgh. *already missing the simple account access that uo used to offer.*

T

trjohn0

HELP...If anyone knows anything about this please answer, it is like pulling teeth talking to EA support...after 10 calls and hours on the phone,plus and 20 emails... they said they are unable to help me....they told me I probably will have to give up my account,because they can't fix it...this is my main account that I have had for 11 years, untill 2 weeks ago they sent me a email stating my credit card was decline(I know it was not, been paying with this forever,..The bottom line is,I can't get into my game,and I can't link my master account to update to get into the game...this is the error message I get.......>>>>>>>

Link Accounts Complete
The following accounts could not be linked:
a.. XXXXXXX_uo

No direction on where to go from there......and advise will help...thx

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to create seperate EA accounts for mine, for some reason I never could get some of my accounts to link, but I could log in using it as a "mythic master account" and create a new EA account through there. I had credit card issues too, "easiest" thing to do in my case was throw in the towel and just buy a prepaid visa to buy GTC with.

And yeah, EA support is utterly useless.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to create seperate EA accounts for mine, for some reason I never could get some of my accounts to link, but I could log in using it as a "mythic master account" and create a new EA account through there. I had credit card issues too, "easiest" thing to do in my case was throw in the towel and just buy a prepaid visa to buy GTC with.

And yeah, EA support is utterly useless.
Are you also able to avoid paying a tax by using a gametime code?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finaly got my account to open, my main that is.
Was able to get to billing and make sure everything was ok.

But now i cant get back to it..
Keeps saying wrong pass word or account name..

And here im also trying to make a new account but cant use same email address.
They seriously need get there act in gear and fix this stupid setup..

Took my freind 2 hours to get hes 2 accounts hooked up and to find them calling EA/Mythic
I used your link Tina..it helped to find my main account, that im actualy playing but could not find for billing.

Im still good till Jan so no worries for now...

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well crud. Now i'm wishing i hadn't linked my WAR account which i never played lol. Are there way's to unlink accounts. I have a hard enough time remembering 'email's and passwords' for other stuff as it is! urgh. *already missing the simple account access that uo used to offer.*
I was able to get them to unlink an account over the phone... 650-628-1001

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finaly got my account to open, my main that is.
Was able to get to billing and make sure everything was ok.

But now i cant get back to it..
Keeps saying wrong pass word or account name..
Make sure you are not confusing the UO game account name with the EA account email address.

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HELP...If anyone knows anything about this please answer, it is like pulling teeth talking to EA support...after 10 calls and hours on the phone,plus and 20 emails... they said they are unable to help me...
What number did you call ?

Right one is 650-628-1001