• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot lock down green champagne glass

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know I lost a few as they decayed, even after being 'locked down' .... this was a long time ago now.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I know it sucks but you can lock down a box and put it in there and set it to everyone. Then people can look at it but not take it. So everyone can still marvel at stupid stuff UO does ;) Like my collection of chopped up body parts :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Does anyone know if they are safe in the display cases?

Nosfentor

Visitor
You need lock items also on Display cases as I know?
What if you bless flute with item bless deed.. how it act after that?

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
TC maybe the answer .... go give it a try.

Then come right back here and tell us all about it :)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't fix it. The champagne glasses from 97 are "newbied". Essentially blessed without a tag. All new players used to start with "newbied" gear. It will decay REALLY quick if left on the ground and the best you're going to get is locking it down in a container for display. Can't be locked down normally.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if you put it in a crate and lock the crate down, then take an axe to the crate? Do the contents still remain locked down?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah....................... any newbie item in a container cant be locked down... secured yes locked no. To tell if old clothes and items are newbie lock a bag down and try to drop in... if you see it bounce back to your bag its newbie. Other way is put all in a bag and lock it down if it refuses to lock its got a newbie item in it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ah....................... any newbie item in a container cant be locked down... secured yes locked no. To tell if old clothes and items are newbie lock a bag down and try to drop in... if you see it bounce back to your bag its newbie. Other way is put all in a bag and lock it down if it refuses to lock its got a newbie item in it.
Another way is to have it in your back-pack and run through your insurance menu... if it doesn't show up in there to insure, and normally should, it's newbie.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So any value to items like this?
Well this seems like a pretty unique situation. I haven't encountered an item like that. Things I can't lock down I've always been able to put in a locked down box and set it to everyone so it could be displayed to a degree. I don't have one to experiment with so I'm going on what others have said. I'd say someone might buy it not knowing the deal with it. Or possibly a hard core collector that doesn't care. But I'd say the price would be limited. I'd buy one just to experiment with :)