• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot get UO to patch.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been going on for weeks.

It first started out with UO Patch not initiating startup of the client.exe. I would click 'ok' and it would just disappear. I would try to initiate by opening UOA, and it too would not open the client.exe after hitting ok. I could however get the game to start by going into its folder and using the client.exe directly.

So I re-installed the game because I wanted to be able to use UOA. Now patching halts after 3minutes or so, and I get this now:

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-4e.rtp( 91260 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-4e.pat( 11 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-4e.rtp( 91260 bytes, resuming )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-4e.pat( 11 bytes, resuming )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_5-0-4e.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

I will go through this over and over. I have re-installed several times to get back to this. I also have all of the specified ports open on my router and made sure Windows isn't blocking the game.

Any ideas?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you run in Vista? If so rightclick to UO client icon and start the client with run as adminstrator option.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In your UO folder, delete the "patchlog" file. Try run the patch again (So it recreates it with only the log from a single attempt) and open it in notepad.

Scroll to the end and see if it says anything about why it failed.