• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannot commit

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok guys. I've been customizing my house and have spent 3 hours looking for an "orange tile" that won't let me commit the design. I've hidden walls, then floors, removed the waterfall I wanted, relocated my moving crate, removed the teleporter tiles. I cannot find the offending tile.

You can't call for help while in customization mode and I'm sure they will just tell me to keep looking for an orange tile.

Ideas?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use railings in most of my custom designs and had an awful time trying to commit a house once... the rail on the stair, one tile away from a door (which I thought was fine) was the culprit, and I only found that by going tile by tile and taking things down until it let me commit

:( wish I had a better answer for ya, but if you have rails, check them first maybe?

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do have rails and I will double-check them. I called a GM and was told that it's important when you do a full recustomization that you take everything and put it in crates/boxes on the floor. THis way, everything will be in the moving crate and nothing will be "floating" when it's trying to commit. I also had an NPC I forgot about. Dismissed him, packed up everything, now we'll see if I can get it to work. Will report back so others will know if they have this issue.

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I had the same problem, and it turned out to be a piece of railing that was ontop of a teleported tile.

Here's a good way to find out which piece is the offender:

First, backup your house design. The erase the walls one floor at a time, starting from the top. Making a wall transparent never seems to help as it may hide the orange piece. Study the layout carefully for that bad orange piece. With the walls gone, you should be able to see everything. Then click "commit". If it takes, you found your problem, but don't click ok just yet. Click cancell. If it doesn't take, work your way to the other floors. You'll find it eventually. When you do find it, make sure you remember where it is. Now click on "restore" and your old design comes back. Go straight after that bad piece now that you know where it is without destroying your entire home.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem, and it turned out to be a piece of railing that was ontop of a teleported tile.

Here's a good way to find out which piece is the offender:

First, backup your house design. The erase the walls one floor at a time, starting from the top. Making a wall transparent never seems to help as it may hide the orange piece. Study the layout carefully for that bad orange piece. With the walls gone, you should be able to see everything. Then click "commit". If it takes, you found your problem, but don't click ok just yet. Click cancell. If it doesn't take, work your way to the other floors. You'll find it eventually. When you do find it, make sure you remember where it is. Now click on "restore" and your old design comes back. Go straight after that bad piece now that you know where it is without destroying your entire home.
Wow, excellent advice... Thx PE..:rolleyes:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IF you are using the EC sometimes orange tiles don't show up ..... you have to go into the 2d client to see them. Really is annoying.