• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Candid Coverage News] Star Trek in UO???

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sent to us by a Stratics Friend</p> <center>
</center>

Thanks Thomas for this interesting picture!!</P>

Beam me up Scotty!</P>

M

Mr Artifact

lol tell him to check for the other two captains like Katherine Janeway and Benjamin Sisko there first or last name would suffice yes i am also a Star Trek fan.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Need Janeway and Cisco for the parlay on a string of five ...

(Pike for a powerplay)
(Riker made Admiral ... in an alternate reality <u>All good things</u> As did Captain Beverly Picard ... timeline altered ... doesn't count)

G

Actually, at the end of the last movie, both Riker and Crusher made captain. So I think that trumps the last episode of TNG.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sent to us by Thomas Bush <center>
</center> Thanks Thomas for this interesting picture!! Beam me up Scotty!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya the GM that did them was a Star Trek fan for sure. The are left overs on Sonoma at Serpent Hall War Room, where the EM would call for the Royal Guard to meet. If you cannot gate to SH to see them go to the Coummity Center at Skara and double click the armor in the back room for instant teleporting to the war room. To get off the island just double click the match armor found in the war room when you teleported there. A great way to get to and from the island. The EM small house is also just outside the war room.

G

Mister you... don't un... derstand. There are over... 400 people... on that shard!

Scotty! I need... more... mana! I've got to... save my... guildies!

-----

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

G

The caption says the three Captains of the Enterprise... Janeway and Sisco were NEVER Captains of the Enterprise. Janeway was the Captain of Voyager and Sisco was Captain on Deep Space Nine. I am such a geek. lol

G

I cant remember what was the name of the captain of USS Enterprise NCC 1701-B? It was damaged on her maiden voyage, and kirk was lost in the energy ribbon in star trek generations movie.
And also USS Enterprise NCC 1701-C?

F

Fayled Dhreams

good catch !

Captain John Harriman ... Enterprise B
Captain Rachel Garrett ..Enterprise C

Five Enterprise captains ...
OOPS!
Robert T. April is a fictional character in the Star Trek universe. April is listed in the Star Trek Chronology, The Star Trek Encyclopedia and at startrek.com as the Enterprise's first commanding officer, preceding Captain Christopher Pike.

G

Anyone else excited to see the new Star Trek movie that is comming out? lso there is a new X-Files movie in the making as well.

G

Well according to the series, Enterprise, Archer was the first Enterprise capt'n.

M

Mr Artifact

oops my bad i diddnt read it fully i thought we are talking about the main star Trek captains concidering we are only talking about the captains of Star Trek Enterprize dont forget captain Christopher Pike.

M

Mr Artifact

i think Spock was captain of the enterprise so he can be included too he was captain i believe when Kirk was an admiral i havent seen the movies in a while but maybe star trek 2. Spock is my favorite star trek character of all time.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not suprising really. In Ultima VII: The Black Gate, some of the knights and other characters in Serpent's Hold were named after the main cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mister you... don't un... derstand. There are over... 400 people... on that shard!

Scotty! I need... more... mana! I've got to... save my... guildies!

-----

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

No engineers in UO but maybe a tinker or shipwright named Scotty that follows the Kirk NPC and yells "I canna DOit Captain!" would suffice?

-Skylark

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Much is being made in this thread of Captains Sisko and Janeway being left out of this tribute.

Personally I just think that the GM who did this, if indeed it wasn't an odd coincidence, was jut picking his 3 personal favorites.

However....I was thinking about it, and if the GM that did this was a true Star Trek geek, he'd realize something.

The chronologically last work in the Star Trek canon was the movie Star Trek: Nemesis.

As of this movie:

-Riker was BEING promoted to Captain, but he wasn't going to be Captain of the Enterprise, and I don't think he assumed this rank DURING the movie (so when the movie ended he was still....whatever rank he was....Commander?);

-Janeway was an Admiral (she gave Picard his orders in that film, remember);

-Sisko was some kind of mystical thing that lived in the wormhole (from the last episode of DS9, which I didn't see but which sounds REALLY bad);

-Spock, the last we heard from him, had the rank of Admiral, but had given it all up to go be an underground resistance fighter on Romulus.

I don't recall if Archer ever rose higher than Captain, but it wasn't my impression. And the implication is that Picard choses to remain Captain of the Enterprise until he dies or retires.

So.....Assuming this wasn't some weird coincidence, and assuming that whomever did it was a true Star Trek geek, the intent was probably to show the 3 who were Captains the last we heard from them, as of Star Trek: Nemesis.

Personally I think that it was intentional, but someone just picked his or her 3 favorites, or the 3 he or she could think of off the top of his or her head.

So why this elaborate analysis? I'm stalling on doing something else and this seemed liked a fun little stall.

-Galen's player

J

Justy

LOL...

I believe both Scotty and Spock were both acting captains of the Enterprise for an episode or two. So they both could be added to the roster. If I remember correctly Scotty was third in the chain of command. I know he sat in the chair when both Spock and Kirk beamed down.

Decker was captain in The Motion Picture until he was relieved by Kirk.

Also there was a commodore who assumed control of the Enterprise in the Doomsday Weapon episode.

On a side note I have a character named Captain Kirk on the Yamato shard. It's great when two interests bisect like this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL...

I believe both Scotty and Spock were both acting captains of the Enterprise for an episode or two. So they both could be added to the roster. If I remember correctly Scotty was third in the chain of command. I know he sat in the chair when both Spock and Kirk beamed down.

Decker was captain in The Motion Picture until he was relieved by Kirk.

Also there was a commodore who assumed control of the Enterprise in the Doomsday Weapon episode.

On a side note I have a character named Captain Kirk on the Yamato shard. It's great when two interests bisect like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, then to be fair, what about the 2 self appointed "acting captain" ensigns (Riley &amp; Crusher) in both classic ST, and ST:TNG in the episodes where the crew got infected with some alien bug that simulated extreme intoxication, and they barricaded themselves in engineering and took over the bridge controls?

-Skylark

M

Mr Artifact

heres a treat for all the star trek fans out there so heres 3 links to some nice star trek videos i hope you like [/list] star trek 40th anniversary tribute run time 7:40 minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80_HKdvNhgA heres two more links to something i thought was kind of cool. [/list] bring back kirk part 1 run time 2:27 minutes this part is ok but i suggest watching it before part 2 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&amp;videoid=3944557 [/list] brink back kirk part 2. this part is great. run time 9:16 minutes http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&amp;videoid=3753489 [/list] hope you enjoy them i know i did. because of the time of each video watch them when you have time and let me know if you enjoy them or not thanks.

G

KirK: Scotty, I am PvP, and i need more speed, NOW.
Scotty: Sir, i am giving you all the Dex. I can, there is no speed left.
Spock: Captain, may i suggest using Speed Hack, to obtain the desired results?
Bones: Speedhack? Jim, you could get Perma Banned by Starfleet if caught.
Kirk: Mr. Spock, what are the Odd's of getting caught?
Spock: 1,324,237 to 1.
Kirk: OK, Scotty, download speedhack from the main computer, NOW. Warp 9 to the Guard Zone, ummm, I mean Neutral Zone.

hehehehe.

T

Time Keeper

i loved those videos Mr Artifact i dont know which video i loved more the tribute or bring back kirk part 2. and your right i wouldnt have enjoyed bring back kirk part 2 as much if i diddnt see part 1 first Bravo. PS thanks for adding the links to this topic.

I

imported_WildStar

*Holds right in hand in traditional Vulcan greeting*

Live Long and Prosper

F

Fayled Dhreams

As the Borg continued on a direct course for Earth, Admiral J.P. Hanson field-promoted Riker to captain. Riker chose Shelby as his new first officer.
Temporary ... but, promoted and assigned command of Enterprise ...
By 2379, Riker decided to accept promotion to captain of the USS Titan, assuming command of the ship that year. Troi also transferred to the Titan.(nemisis)

Trek Geek See: Background; for list of
Commanding Officers of the Starships Enterprise
Enterprise (NX-01): Archer | T'Pol | Tucker | Lorian
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701): April | Pike | Kirk | Decker | Spock
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A): Kirk
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B): Harriman
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-C): Garrett
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D): Picard | Riker | Jellico | Halloway
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-E): Picard
ISS Enterprise (NX-01): Forrest
ISS Enterprise (NCC-1701): Pike | Kirk

Theres a fine line of distinction between "acting" command and assigned command... as well as alternate timelines and Duties/Missions accomplished during either.
"Captain Decker"
was recommended by James T. Kirk to command the refitted USS Enterprise following the completion of Kirk's legendary five-year mission and subsequent promotion to rear admiral in 2270. Despite his recommendation, Kirk conveyed his feelings of envy towards Decker, telling the younger officer his hopes of commanding a starship again in the future. The now-Captain Decker would go on to oversee the extensive refit of the Enterprise throughout its entire eighteen months.
In 2273, as a destructive entity known as V'Ger was heading towards Earth, Kirk convinced Admiral Nogura to grant him command of the Enterprise in order to intercept V'Ger. Kirk temporarily downgraded Decker's position to executive officer and his rank from captain to commander.

That "Fine line of distinction between "acting" command and assigned command" Spock did a "hijack" ... As did Data ... not to mention various other lifeforms ...

assembly thy battle groups for a "battle" in OT ...

Mods! Engage and Make It So!

M

Mr Artifact

i loved those videos Mr Artifact i dont know which video i loved more the tribute or bring back kirk part 2. and your right i wouldnt have enjoyed bring back kirk part 2 as much if i diddnt see part 1 first Bravo. PS thanks for adding the links to this topic.
[/list] your welcome and thank you Time Keeper its nice that at least one person besides me watched my videos and enjoyed them. did anyone else watch any of my videos that i posted on the bottom of the first page if so it would be nice to get some more feed back thanks? if not its ok.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew I loved UO and it's players, but this thread just confirmed it overwhelmingly!!.

G

James T. Kirk - Commanding Officer
Mr. Spock - Sicence Officer, 2nd in command
Montgomery Scott - Chief Engineer, 3rd in command

trivia question: Who was 4th in command of the Enterprise, and what was their
duty station?

This was during the orriginal 5 year mission. btw.

J

Justy

<blockquote><hr>

James T. Kirk - Commanding Officer
Mr. Spock - Sicence Officer, 2nd in command
Montgomery Scott - Chief Engineer, 3rd in command

trivia question: Who was 4th in command of the Enterprise, and what was their
duty station?

This was during the orriginal 5 year mission. btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know McCoy held the staff rank of Lt. Commander. He was the only officer who could countermand a captain's order on medical grounds (by invoking the Captain's nuts clause). So I would venture to guess the Chief Medical Officer.

I

imported_WildStar

I would have to say Uhura - Communications. In the animiated series, Uhura assumed command as the highest ranking officer when all of the men were under the spell of a siren's call.

I highly doubt McCoy would be 4th in the chain of command. As we discovered in The Next Generation, you have to pass a series of tests to become a Commander and be able to do a shift on the Bridge. (Troi had trouble with it because it involved ordering a holo-suite Georgi to repair something and he would not survive.)

When Gary Mitchell was alive, he was part of the chain of command and his station was the helm.

I

imported_Pasquinade

Thanks for mentioning Capt. Robert April and Capt. Will Decker.
Who was Decker's father? Hmmmm?

C

Connor_Graham

Ya'll are just a bunch of geeks.

*hides the fantasy based MMORPG he plays from the audience*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would have to say Uhura - Communications. In the animiated series, Uhura assumed command as the highest ranking officer when all of the men were under the spell of a siren's call.

I highly doubt McCoy would be 4th in the chain of command. As we discovered in The Next Generation, you have to pass a series of tests to become a Commander and be able to do a shift on the Bridge. (Troi had trouble with it because it involved ordering a holo-suite Georgi to repair something and he would not survive.)

When Gary Mitchell was alive, he was part of the chain of command and his station was the helm.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner. Technically, LT Uhura was 4th in command.

PS. That was actually Dr Crusher, not Troi, who had difficulty ordering a crewmen\firend to their death to save the ship.

G

Look at all the Star Trek geeks.
Bring on Brady Bunch trivia. That's REAL knowledge!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for mentioning Capt. Robert April and Capt. Will Decker.
Who was Decker's father? Hmmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe his father was Mat Decker, commander of another Constitution Class
Ship who's name I can't remember in "The Doomsday Machine".

G

Another Trivia question.

Mark Lenard played Spock's Father in both the series and movies as well as
a Romulan Commander in the original series episode "Balance of Terror".

What Actor from the series and movies played a Vulcan, A Romulan AND a Klingon?

G

<blockquote><hr>

PS. That was actually Dr Crusher, not Troi, who had difficulty ordering a crewmen\firend to their death to save the ship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, was the counselor. She kept flunking her commander exam. Riker finally told her to quit being all empathic, tell Geordie to die, and get that extra little pip on her collar! Fortunately he was only a holo Geordie.

-Skylark

F

Fayled Dhreams

Troi WAS in"Testing"under Riker ... and had the problem commanding the sim to death ... to save the ship.
(different aspect of the training simulations/syllabus ... NOT specifically the Kobayashi Maru scenario ... which was primarily used to assess a cadet's discipline, character, and command capabilities when facing an impossible situation.)
Crusher "also occasionally commanded night watch shifts in order to stay on top of starship operations."

Troi is written up as follows:

The Starfleet bridge officer examination was a series of tests for Starfleet officers who wished to be able to take command, besides the command officers such as Captain, First Officer, and Second officer. The test had many stages, but the final exam required the officer to make a choice that sent one person under their direct command to certain death. No one who failed the test could serve as a command officer on the bridge of a starship except in emergency situations.

In 2370, after attending her Starfleet Academy reunion, Deanna Troi felt she was one of the few classmates who had not risen to command level status. This combined with the bitter memory of how badly she acted under pressure two years earlier when the Enterprise hit a quantum filament, led her to talk to Commander Beverly Crusher. Crusher, who on occasion took the night watch of the bridge to stay informed of operations and tactical procedures, told her that she took the exam in 2362 when she wanted to contribute more than just in sickbay. (TNG: "Disaster", "Thine Own Self")

This led Deanna to try the test, which Commander Riker administered. The final portion of the test, which also included a question and answer portion, was to make decisions in a holodeck simulation. In it, the officer was required to order an officer to sacrifice themself to save the ship. She had failed the final exam several times before realizing that its purpose was to ascertain whether or not she would be able to send a subordinate, especially a personal friend, to certain death. Afterward she passed the exam, and was promoted to Commander.

more than anyone would ever want to know about "Star Trek" available at the linky

<blockquote><hr>

Technically, LT Uhura was 4th in command

[/ QUOTE ]
errr .. no ... while early on she wore command colors ... her career track was engineering ...and she was "after" Sulu

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was it John Colicos (also was Baltar in classic Battlestar Galactica)?

If not, it was one of the gother uys that was in that one DS( episode with Dax and the 3 old Klingons (all of whom had clashed with Kirk 80+ years before)

I

imported_WildStar

<blockquote><hr>

Another Trivia question.

Mark Lenard played Spock's Father in both the series and movies as well as
a Romulan Commander in the original series episode "Balance of Terror".

What Actor from the series and movies played a Vulcan, A Romulan AND a Klingon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vaughn Armstrong. He plays Admiral Forest in Enterprise and has played a total of 5 different characters in 3 Star Trek series - Deep Space Nine, Voyager &amp; Enterprise.

*pulls on her Star Trek geek hat proudly*

WildStar

G

<blockquote><hr>

USS Enterprise (NCC-1701): April | Pike | Kirk | Decker | Spock

[/ QUOTE ]
Let us not forget the great Torg, last commander of NCC-1701.

"The ship appears to be run by computer. It is the only thing that is speaking."

F

Fayled Dhreams

only dealing with the "orbital" fleet names ...
Going to include the "surface" ships (as Picard was fond of doing) ... reference and spelling variants
AND THEN air ships and shuttle craft ...

mmmm
Warp Era Captains ... better?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, was the counselor. She kept flunking her commander exam. Riker finally told her to quit being all empathic, tell Geordie to die, and get that extra little pip on her collar! Fortunately he was only a holo Geordie.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about that, I seem to remember it was Crusher. It has been a long time though.

F

Fayled Dhreams

linkies available ... this thread ...

*mumbles about "in plain veiw proof" *
*shrugs*

G

*chuckles*

Yeah I had a flash back of some episodes of TNG and I just finished watching season the first two discs of Voyager season 6, so the USS Relativity was on my mind too :p

2063+ it is then. :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

You sure about that, I seem to remember it was Crusher. It has been a long time though.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, she was only jealous of Dr. Crusher after hearing about her stint in command.

*stamps geek card*

V

viper592

<blockquote><hr>

Well according to the series, Enterprise, Archer was the first Enterprise capt'n.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, as an avid Star Trek Fan, I don't consider the tv series "Enterprise" Star Trek, nor do I accept its stories as Star Trek Canon.

That Series ignored and or rewrote established lore that was set in previous Star Trek Series and novels. This is one of the Biggest reasons that the series was a flop, and its director was canned (Thankfully). Too top it off, according to the Original Series, the Enterprise as it appeared in that series was the first Star Ship Enterprise, and visually the one from this latest disaster of a tv series looked nothing like it should have.

RIP Rick Berman may he be forever banished from Directing/writing Star Trek.