• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cancer Sucks

M

Michael Wolf

Just to inform you guys why I haven't been around, haven't post the News of the last EM event, and have just not been posting.

About 3 months ago my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. She made it through 3 chemo treatments and the tumor was gone, everyone was hopeful. Two days after that test she collapsed, no feeling in her legs. The tumor was gone but the cancer had spread to her spine. They tried one radiation treatment but it just moved it further up her spine. Last Friday afternoon they told her there was nothing they could do but make her comfortable and try to manage her pain. She fell asleep at about 3:00 pm due to heavy narcotics, and passed away just past midnight Sat morning.

I had a good healthy relationship with my mother, so there are no regrets. Nothing I wished I had said or heard. She lived a reasonably long and happy life. I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.

That said, I encourage everyone to make peace with everyone that is important to them, you never know if you'll ever see them again. Losing a loved one is never easy, but knowing we had a great relationship and had said all the important things to each other made it just a little bit easier.

Peace.

F

Frey Wavestrider

The brat and I send our heartfelt condolences to you my friend.:(:( We both were lucky in that we have had parents survive cancer but everyone should remember that parents will only be with us a short time on this mortal coil. So always take the time to tell them you love them and keep them in your hearts.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Michael i lost my father in jan and feel your pain you will be in our prayers and thoughts

E

Eyes of Origin

Michael, I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to inform you guys why I haven't been around, haven't post the News of the last EM event, and have just not been posting.

About 3 months ago my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. She made it through 3 chemo treatments and the tumor was gone, everyone was hopeful. Two days after that test she collapsed, no feeling in her legs. The tumor was gone but the cancer had spread to her spine. They tried one radiation treatment but it just moved it further up her spine. Last Friday afternoon they told her there was nothing they could do but make her comfortable and try to manage her pain. She fell asleep at about 3:00 pm due to heavy narcotics, and passed away just past midnight Sat morning.

I had a good healthy relationship with my mother, so there are no regrets. Nothing I wished I had said or heard. She lived a reasonably long and happy life. I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.

That said, I encourage everyone to make peace with everyone that is important to them, you never know if you'll ever see them again. Losing a loved one is never easy, but knowing we had a great relationship and had said all the important things to each other made it just a little bit easier.

Peace.
Noboby should have to loose a parent. Both of mine died within a week of each other. I am sorry for your loss. I am greiving with you.

A

Asahina Yajinden

My condolences for your loss.
my mom had breast cancer 2 yrs ago and luckily she beat it BUT... i remember how i felt then .....and i truly wish you and your family all the best!!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Michael. It's great you had a close relationship prior to her passing and good memories in turn. My sympathies go out to you and your familiy.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*offers huge bear hugs* I know what you're going through hun, just was there myself in April. If you need to talk, just message me.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My deepest condolences, Michael.

My mother was just diagnosed with cancer, so I, too, have not been around much. She had surgery July 1, and has had a couple of set backs since the surgery ... She's home now, and we're on a wait and see what the next step will be pattern.

F

Flora Green

Very sorry for your loss, Michael. Yours as well, Arnie. May you have happier days ahead and the memories of your mother always remain with you. *hugs*

M

Michael Wolf

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. My sincerest condolences to all have gone through anything simlar.

S

Savannah Rose

My condolences to your and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Michael, I'm so damned sorry to have checked back so infrequently and to be so late in posting my condolences.

You and your family have my prayers and kind wishes during a difficult time.

Remember to take good care of yourself, please, for all of us, and others whom are close to you. The world is a better place with you in it.

KK

proctor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Grandpa just past from cancer in May so I know what your going through.
you will be in my htoughts and prayrs.