• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cancelling my account until EALand gets out of beta

• Thread starter Caesar Weezer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_debslee

Nope sorry - I enjoy my game and prepared to stay to help iron out the bugs! Not giving up that easily!

C

Caesar Weezer

Whats the point in paying for something that isn't worth it when you can do the same thing in TC3 for free?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whats the point in paying for something that isn't worth it when you can do the same thing in TC3 for free?

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

Nope sorry - I enjoy my game and prepared to stay to help iron out the bugs! Not giving up that easily!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your question was already answered. For those of us who enjoy the game and enjoy stomping out bugs, it is worth it! Sure, we can all enjoy TC3 to its fullest for free, but some of us actually do enjoy ourselves enough to stick around, through thick and thin.

I

imported_fajjaa

If your account is more then 365, 730, 1095, or 1460, and possibly even 1825 days paid for... which is entitlement days, located on your sim description page, and you have an unpaid account next month on the day they redistribute anniversary gifts, that wouldnt be a very wise decision. Taking a chance on them giving to accounts that are not presently active and paid for is a very big chance to be taking. When you think about the anniversary gifts you are possibly going to miss out on, I would think twice about not being active and paid for at that time.

Dont be too surprised if the Dev. team turns a deaf ear to your complaints the day after the redistribution of anniversary gifts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]I'm staying put, but...

Can I have all your stuff?

G

yah so waqit til after march, get them gifts, trade em to the free account, then quit LOL

D

DGLita

Its your choice Ceasar, I do have some sympathy for you and unless things start getting better soon then others will follow suit no doubt.

G

VERY tempted, but not yet. I want to see how things go after the merge before I make the final plunge.

If things get too screwed up, if the silly ATMs mess up the game play experience too much, if outage issues make it so my monthly charge of $9.99 is clearly too much for what I'm getting, then I'm gone.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

We are all still looking through the fog. Dev's are hard at work putting this new place together. I'm anxious to see what is will be like after the dust settles. If I am not satisfied with the new product, it will be at that time I will find good homes for my rares and all my trees and say farewell.

I

imported_SimTripps

Caesar's my buddy..
I'm going to be sticking it out at least for a bit, Caes, and see what happens - at least until after the merge..

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm staying.

After 5 years, beta or not, bugs or not, I still enjoy myself almost everyday on this game. I enjoy using all the features we are given. And with the many changes in the future, I'd have to wonder how long our game will be "under construction" so waiting for that to be over may be a very very long time...which is ok, because new features are always exciting to me!
Plus I made a new friend yesterday.

N

nodgree

Quitting may be the worst thing you can do. The whole point of re-doing TSO was to re-gain the interest of the players and save it from being shut down all together. If everyone starts leaving now, there may not be a TSO to come back to. Be patient. I have been on here to vent about a few things myself but I wouldnt leave alltogether. Give it another week or 2. The dev's have made huge progress allready.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

TTL

Incorporating the legacy sims and cities into EA-Land has been done on the bequest of players. I believe this whole moving and merge process has created more headaches for developers than they anticipated. I also believe that once this step is complete, we will see changes, bug fixes and new game designs implemented much faster.

I am grateful that there is now an option for players to cancel their subscription and be able to save their characters without having to worry about them being wiped out. I believe the old system of losing everything you worked for, prevented many players from returning to game after long periods of absence.

Many players here have been holding on just to convert their accounts to free because they are no longer interested in the game but aren't quite ready to give it all up.

I expect we will see some players choose not to subscribe. I have no problem subscribing because it is still one of the cheapest entertainment items in my budget. Everytime I log into game, I am still entertained.

You people just crack me up!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not me! the beta period is so much fun, thrilled with new features and updates + help out report bugs and any problems! ... being a tester makes you part of creating this game, i want to be one

Good luck, hope to see you again soon!

I

imported_SimTripps

You said it, Gracie! Hubby &amp; I rarely go out to dinner or party, or see movies in the theatres, etc. We've got a home theatre, so simply wait for new releases on dvd lol... We're a homebody computer geek and hardcore gamer house - pc and console gaming is THE main source of entertainment in our home. And with our good household income we gratefully are able to indulge ourselves in our gaming hobby, and then some. I own 27 TSO accounts... Count 'em - 27! Insane? Maybe, but I obviously love this game and am not ready to stay down for the count just yet!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man not with you on this one, I have been here since the beta and left for 2-3 years and just came back, I'm getting what I paid for, I think with all the new items and the Custom Content coming out it will be a better thing for all of us! Enjoy your time off, I hope u decide to come back!

I

imported_queenme

ok 27...yes that is insane...u definitely win the prize

270 bucks a month to play this game?

gees methinks surely u could find soooomething more entertaining for that kinda money....

10 a month, 20, 30, 40 even 50 mebbe sure i can see ya gettin that much entertainment outta the game, 100 mebbe mebbe if ur confined to ur house 24/7 and cannot leave but 270? just cannot fathom anyone being able to get that kind of entertainment value from this game, not now, not ever lol

sounds more like a business enterprise to me, at least most folks with that many accounts are in it to make money far as i know

u must have a great spreadsheet to locate who ya wanna play

enjoy ur insanity

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, cant. especially with all the cities closing tomorrow, things are just getting good! The bugs actually add element to the game and make things interesting. Like someone said, im paying for entertainment and im getting more out of this game in a month than i am a 2 hour movie but they are the same price. Im thrilled with the changes and just as excited to see where this game is going.

I remember ever since TSO started we all complained about how much potential this game has and now that its finally working up to its potential I couldnt be more happy to pay ten bucks a month

it is even better that we can stop paying and still play! ive always thought that would be awesome, along with custom content and city merges...this game really is going in favor of this players wants. finally.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yup 27 accounts with 8 sims on each account in EAland makes 216 sims. You are certifiable!

C

Caesar Weezer

I'm having a good time, don't get me wrong. But I cant justify paying 10 bucks a month for something that I can get for free.

I see nothing different in EAL than I see in TC3.

I

imported_eyeseenoone

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ] OH PLEASE!!!!!! first off, if you cancel your account, then whenever EA Land is working properly, you would NEVER get a chance to play, mainly because this game like TSO is an "ongoing work in continous progress"

Second, you remind me of a church music workshop I once held, people wanted to either not show up, or show up on the last day and then when the day of the concert, felt they needed to be a part of the "blessings" instead of the hard work that the other choir members worked so hard all during the week to achieve....

my saying. "If you can't wait or work during the construction process of EA Land then you don't deserve to play when the game is almost bug free" so see ya...

-- enjoy your game--

G

See now I'm trying to get back on because I have heard good things about TSO and this guy is wanting to get off... 10 bux's a month is NOTHING.. My God you cant go to McDonalds and eat for less then that... Just pay the stupid 10 bux

D

Dogsoffour

I wish I had the nerve to quit. The bugs and lost rares I've had to just accept for the past 3 years drive me nuts. Even now, it's been 72 hours since I was able to log into TSO to get ready for the merge
. But....I'm hooked.

I

imported_corpatortis

$10 doesn't really bother me so no, I'm not going with you. Sorry

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I support your decision. Why pay for something that isn't doing it for you?

But... I will not be going with you. If I didn't cancel when nothing was going on with the game, I certainly wouldn't cancel when everything is happening to it.

Good luck in your free play

G

<blockquote><hr>

27 accounts? The mind reels.

[/ QUOTE ]Just imagine how much shopping could be done with $270 a month... That's, like, five pairs of shoes every month!

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

I'm having a good time, don't get me wrong. But I cant justify paying 10 bucks a month for something that I can get for free.

I see nothing different in EAL than I see in TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you really quitting? as you imply with your first post "who's coming with me" or are you just going to unsubscribe and use freeplay?

G

Nope, Im keeping my two accounts. I worked too hard for my things lol.. I will be here as long as I can log in.

N

Noddy Bond

why on earth would one person need 27 accounts o_O
It must be a lot of work taking 27 sims to the bot factory at one time huh ROFL

P

PB Three

Ohhh, the classic female reference, Katheryne.

(Just teasing.)

Anyway, I'm going down with the ship &amp; no-one can/will convince me otherwise.

SimTripps, how the heck can you afford **27** accounts?!
I have 2 accounts, but 27...

PB Three

I

imported_SimTripps

I like variety lol... A r.l. friend gave her accounts to me a couple years ago, she had several, since she hadn't played for years and became an EQII addict - I had 3 existing accounts of my own at the time - and the rest is history lol.. From there I started collecting accounts, purchased them on eBay, etc. I enjoy creating new sims, building and designing houses, doing roof art, etc., so find one account too limiting. Having only 1 or 2 accounts may work for some, but doesn't for me lol... I'm a sim loner, and prefer to play self-sufficiently as opposed to dependent on others. If I played only one account, I'd get bored real fast. With S2, for example, I have 20 different families I like to play that are all equally special and cool... With 8 sim slots now, I'll probably be cancelling most of my accounts, much to the chagrin of EA surely lol...

Edit: Fixed typo

R

Rich'

I gotta admit i thought about leaving for good but why i mean why would you wanna leave till its out of beta you getta be there for all the new things that happen and know whats going on to me leaving just to crazy if ya gonna turn right around and come back but that is up to you

G

I agree it gets agrivating and frustrating but thas to be expected during change.
But i do feel it is a bit wrong to be posting a post like this. If that's how you feel do it !! Don't write about it in here. The devs have been working day and night for weeks trying to make sure everything stays running properly. When they find out somethings wrong they try to fix it. Have some patients, its not an easy chore to totally rewrite a game while its in play. There's going to be bugs theres going to be things going wrong. I myself have been hit with some of those bugs lost a tree last week and am waiting patiently for them to get it to me. Im surely not leaving after all the time i been here and its people like you that are just slapping those same devs in the face. They are away from their familys and children all because of a game day and night so think about that. It may be their job true.. But from what i see they have been doing anything humanly possible to make this venture go through as smooth as they can while keeping us online at the same time. So give the guys and girls a break chill out play your game and have a good time. I have faith that in the end they will get everything fixed as long as they know its going on it just takes TIME.

I

imported_Dane1980

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Who's goin with me?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]I'm staying put, but...

Can I have all your stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

You rock, Katheryne!

<blockquote><hr>

I own 27 TSO accounts... Count 'em - 27!

[/ QUOTE ]

You rock, SimTripps!

G

I am so close to joining you, its getting to the point, the bugs go on and on, been here since beta, founders , worked out bugs from then on, was very patient through too many bugs, and now, getting tired of the self made bugs that are used as excuses for other wrongs in the game,, I may be tagging along very soon HELLO Second life,, here I come!! or any other game I know thats out there with a lot better graphics and a whole lot less bugs..and still remain FREE!

T

Tristan Lewis

2nd Life? might as well say hello online ***** house!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree it gets agrivating and frustrating but thas to be expected during change.
But i do feel it is a bit wrong to be posting a post like this. If that's how you feel do it !! Don't write about it in here. The devs have been working day and night for weeks trying to make sure everything stays running properly. When they find out somethings wrong they try to fix it. Have some patients, its not an easy chore to totally rewrite a game while its in play. There's going to be bugs theres going to be things going wrong. I myself have been hit with some of those bugs lost a tree last week and am waiting patiently for them to get it to me. Im surely not leaving after all the time i been here and its people like you that are just slapping those same devs in the face. They are away from their familys and children all because of a game day and night so think about that. It may be their job true.. But from what i see they have been doing anything humanly possible to make this venture go through as smooth as they can while keeping us online at the same time. So give the guys and girls a break chill out play your game and have a good time. I have faith that in the end they will get everything fixed as long as they know its going on it just takes TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]

very well said. But I must say you have more patience for these peeps all negative about the game. I'm tired of hearing it. Sure we all get frustrated over changes and bugs and this and that... but damn.. if you don't want to play leave.. why would we want to have such negativity around in a time of good coming to the game... Either suck it up, help out, or just go.. to many are bad mouthing not only the game but the devs. Damn.. if you can do it better.. then get a job at EA and get on board with Luc's team.. if you cant then just stop. We all have issues, but I have never even heard a room of 1st graders complain as much as some do in this game.

I cant log in its looping.. shoot i was out of my home city for over a month.. then when in got error 23... did I complain... no, i understood kept trying and found other ways of dealing with it by going to TC3.... Take your complaining and turn it around - maybe you can actually enjoy what the game is about. We all pay our monthly fee we all have bugs and issues... in the end when the dev team gets finished it will be better then ever... so your choice either want to be part of the new generation or don't. Why sit hear and complain about it... its not gonna make it go faster.

i bet if you took the time to sit and list the pro's vs all the con's you would see the list grow daily on the pro's side.

Dev team, thank you for all you are doing.. for not only working weekends for our future enjoyment. But for the extra help you give everyone when not on the clock. You all are the best!!!!

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

very well said. But I must say you have more patience for these peeps all negative about the game. I'm tired of hearing it. Sure we all get frustrated over changes and bugs and this and that... but damn.. if you don't want to play leave.. why would we want to have such negativity around in a time of good coming to the game... Either suck it up, help out, or just go.. to many are bad mouthing not only the game but the devs. Damn.. if you can do it better.. then get a job at EA and get on board with Luc's team.. if you cant then just stop. We all have issues, but I have never even heard a room of 1st graders complain as much as some do in this game.

I cant log in its looping.. shoot i was out of my home city for over a month.. then when in got error 23... did I complain... no, i understood kept trying and found other ways of dealing with it by going to TC3.... Take your complaining and turn it around - maybe you can actually enjoy what the game is about. We all pay our monthly fee we all have bugs and issues... in the end when the dev team gets finished it will be better then ever... so your choice either want to be part of the new generation or don't. Why sit hear and complain about it... its not gonna make it go faster.

i bet if you took the time to sit and list the pro's vs all the con's you would see the list grow daily on the pro's side.

Dev team, thank you for all you are doing.. for not only working weekends for our future enjoyment. But for the extra help you give everyone when not on the clock. You all are the best!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you have both attained Level 1 Cheerleader! A few more misspellings and smiley faces might have gotten you level 2, but it's a pretty good start.

G

So we are cheerleaders for the good of the game.. hello.. are you not in this game to have fun.. or is it the complaining that keeps you around? I'm tired of hearing all the complaining from peeps that are doing nothing but that.. they are not out trying to help better the game.. they enjoy just sitting and sulking about the bad stuff.. hello its a game.. its supposed to be fun.. and it is.. and there are many changes.. and many that have been asked for years that are happening.. yet all you hear is complaint after complaint...

here you go.. the smilies you aked (and misspells) you asked for... I am a cheerleader for this GAME... i love TSO and am a proud addicted sim

<font color="green"> </font>

R

Roger Wilco

That is definitely Level 2 worthy! You're going to get the established board cheerleaders worried if you can keep this up!

G

<blockquote><hr>

That is definitely Level 2 worthy! You're going to get the established board cheerleaders worried if you can keep this up!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the cheerleading team will always be happy to have new members.

I

imported_SimTripps

Yep - we've got only a couple hours before the 'legacy' cities close...

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the cheerleading team will always be happy to have new members.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the new ones know their place as supporting cast members they will be accepted by the cheerleader cabal. If these new ones can continue making posts totally lacking in logic, facts, or even an intelligent point then the established ones might start regarding them as a threat to the attention they seek.

If that happens you can watch for Cheerleader Cage Match 2008!

G

congrats you win the most likely not to succeed award... suck up some more..
this is not a game, when it first came out it was, back then there was just skilling, making money, ( the hard natural way) making friends, chatting having a good ole time, this is not a game, it moved from fun to too much reality based BS, and as for whiners we pay to whine maxis works for us lets not forget that! ,we pay them to hear us out, not to take the crap, they love to dish out. It's like a kid who gets a job but doesn't want to full fill his/her obligations but makes up excuses not to, who is paying him/her to stand around doing nothing... the CONSUMER, look it up or google it,, WE are the CONSUMERS, and Customers are always right, even when they say we aren't!
Game. might try looking that one up too!

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

2nd Life? might as well say hello online ***** house!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget that TSO is aimed at the teen market, though that doesn't stop them from trying to act like adults (running around asking everyone to marry them or playing mafia games).

I can assure you that if TSO wasn't so restricting, as SL allows freedom of expression in creativity, money making and anything else that ppl personally choose to do, then TSO would also be considered an 'online ***** house' as you claim SL is. Have you actually played SL, and if so, what drew you towards the places of ill-repute? Or are you just forming an opinion based on what others have told you?

At least the makers of SL actually encourage ppl to make rl money.

I think it's great the new direction TSO is taking and I 'can' wait for all the changes to be implemented, no matter how long that takes. When the cash-out is implemented, it wouldn't be very hard for ppl to make their $10 a month back that they pay in subs. Though i am sure this is something that 'free players' will be restricted in, to their own loss.

As I am sure the lady with 27 accounts will also be able to make her money back each month, if that is her desire.

Everyone plays for different reasons, it's not for us to judge what other ppl do unless it is directly to our own detriment.

R

Roger Wilco

You might also point out that TSO has had its own share of ***** houses, escort services, age play, furries, mafias, and people who would cyber for simoleans over the years. The main difference in the sex trade between TSO and SL is that the graphics are more .... errr graphic.

And the SL bashers might also note that EA has borrowed heavily from SL in the design of EA Land. Custom content, real world value for game currency, etc. Hey, that gives me an idea for a new marketing campaign slogan:

Come to EA Land, or as we like to call it - "SL Lite".