• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you still craft faction items?

A

Anderuin

I just recently rejoined factions and was curious if crafting faction items was still possible? I tried to make some stuff on my smith and I never got the option to make it a faction item. Was just curious thank you.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to be in a smith shop in town. (maybe even a town your faction controls?)

The items last for three weeks.

I tell you right now, its a waste of resources :p

If you want some real items that can make a good armor, use the donation chest in your faction HQ.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
idle passing thought: I wonder if that's how faction artis should be? Craftable by a faction crafter and lasting 3 weeks. Incentive to make sure your faction is in control so that your armor doesn't disappear before you can get replacements?
Don't flame me, I've not really thought that through, so there's probably more holes in the idea than a colander.

A

A Rev

Weve been having a discussion on another boards about faction armour, after alot of examples and one person griping about how they are overpowered...i think the majority have actually concluded that they are indeed NOT overpowered.

The suits are slightly easier to make without faction armour...but thats the benefit of factions, you have higher risk but your reward is being able to deck out a char quickly to begin pvp.

I have faction and non faction chars, my best and favourite suit is non faction!

That suit is using;

Navery night eyes
Slither (bought for 20mil!)
tangle
Conjurers
Hear of lion
Quiver
Lights rampart
Orny
50EP ring with 25ish skill
Pendant of the magi

imbued legs arms and gloves.

Basically it gives 70dci 13ish MR 50EP all 70's 100lrc 40lmc 25hpi 35ish mana increase.

Faction armour would make that suit 16mr but thats not really that overpowered at all!!

Since the planeswords, the non faction char doesnt even lose hit spell. Previously and non wrestle char gained hit spell on the weapon because they gained 25DCI on the glasses.

Dexxers;

Spirit
Conjurers tali
15ring
15brace
gladiators

Thats the HCI sorted at 65

quiver
Fey
Conjurers
15ring
15brace

thats 60dci

Faction chars can gain a little DI on the suit, the arties are cheaper thats all. Better resists do make the suit easier but with imbuing the resists should never be a problem.

Conclusion...

Faction arties are BETTER not OVERPOWERED

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
idle passing thought: I wonder if that's how faction artis should be? Craftable by a faction crafter and lasting 3 weeks. Incentive to make sure your faction is in control so that your armor doesn't disappear before you can get replacements?
Don't flame me, I've not really thought that through, so there's probably more holes in the idea than a colander.
No flamage here, Petra. I think this is a wonderful idea. Something along these lines might bring folks that disagree with the way faction arties handled now together.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
some shards there are massive guilds that have hundreds of characters.

so they will have all the artys and the small group of 3 people wont have any.

only thing i can think of about that right off the top of my head.

course we can allways chime in with 'grrrr fight harder' but lets be honest.
3 vs 50 your not gonna win the day.
its just simple logistics.

there should be a way for the smaller groups to get some perks as well.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some shards there are massive guilds that have hundreds of characters.

so they will have all the artys and the small group of 3 people wont have any.

only thing i can think of about that right off the top of my head.

course we can allways chime in with 'grrrr fight harder' but lets be honest.
3 vs 50 your not gonna win the day.
its just simple logistics.

there should be a way for the smaller groups to get some perks as well.

Yeah very true. Though OP is thinking creatively. Good stuff. :thumbup1:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just recently rejoined factions and was curious if crafting faction items was still possible? I tried to make some stuff on my smith and I never got the option to make it a faction item. Was just curious thank you.
back when factions began the items where good to have and where used.

you can craft then again, you just need to own the town and then go to the proper building.
smith to the forge, tailor to the sewing shack, scribe to the mage hut, ect ect ect

then you can craft the faction items.

but like stated, with the faction artys and doom artys and recentlly the faction artys (not to mention ML and SA artys) faction crafted items are never seen.

but back in the day before we even had runics when GM crafted items where the bomb the faction crafted stuff was nice to have and use.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
back when factions began the items where good to have and where used.

you can craft then again, you just need to own the town and then go to the proper building.
smith to the forge, tailor to the sewing shack, scribe to the mage hut, ect ect ect

then you can craft the faction items.

but like stated, with the faction artys and doom artys and recentlly the faction artys (not to mention ML and SA artys) faction crafted items are never seen.

but back in the day before we even had runics when GM crafted items where the bomb the faction crafted stuff was nice to have and use.
Nostalgia hit me in the face.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Psshhhhhh. Faction Clothing is still useful! ^^

Then! I got an idea for imbuing/faction blessed armor.

Step 1- Check

Set 2- Check!

Step 3- Mother ******!