• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you relate to this?

B

Birdseye

I know it is often frowned upon to put links on here, but this one is genuine, and as you can see it's from MSN, so it's as safe as a link could be.

But as a gamer, who has long battled, between gaming, and relationships, it struck a corde with me.

http://tech.uk.msn.com/gaming/article.aspx?cp-documentid=8525387

Anyone else been here?

I used to get up at 4 a.m. in the morning, just so i could get online just after server up, and do that 1st champ in Despise, whilst my other 1/2 slept oblivious to my adventures.

But 2 lost RL houses, in divorce settlements later, was it worth it?

When i can attend an event like the 5th trade caravan on a red. Hell yeah!:thumbup1:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I guess I'm lucky, despite quite a bit over 30 I'm half of a couple that both enjoy games.

I think provided both parties have at least a hobby which occupies them to a similar degree the other partner need not be a gamer. Shared hobbies are obviously best.

S

SilentFoxXy

Im terribly 'lucky ??' with a hubby who is totally housebound, and we dont drink, or smoke, or go out ....

He used to own a betting shop, we used to go racing like 4 times a week, he played cricket, golf, hockey and football.

Now we have out online games.....

I used to shout at him for not ressing or healing me in UO, so he plays his I play mine,,,;)

He lets me play as long as I want as long as I make coffee when he's gasping ;)

I can sympathize....And count my 'blessings':)

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My other, very game-bitten, half was lucky to meet a girl who, though totally unfamiliar with any computer game except The Sims, was curious and willing to give gaming a try.
She started out with the game her boyfriend had played the longest - Ultima Online...
...and got hooked. And three years later I´m still here. :) I still only play UO, Sims and NWN 2, but we have spent many happy and lazy Saturdays sitting next to each other with a cup of macchiato, me mining in UO and he flying in FS, or bashing monsters in another game.

He doesn´t play quite as much as he did before timewise, but I think he´s happy that I now share one of his greatest interests (well, tbh I sometimes even want to spend more time playing than him)

Shame on him for biting me with the gaming bug :bdh:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my hubby was also the one that got me hooked. He played before and returned after 6yrs away. I decided to join him as I could see me being a UO widow if I didn't! I've played a variety of computer and pc games over the years, but the only other one I've enjoyed nearly as much as UO was completing the Halo's with hubby, playing split screen :)