• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Can you reforge an 100% Poison ore Fire Weapon White 40 ssi ??

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never seen but very intersteded on it for corpse skin white heavy crossbow :)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot reforge a weapon with magical properties, such as SSI. I would guess that if it only had a damage type (100% Poison Damage) that you could reforge it. Damage types do not count against Imbuing totals, so it is a safe guess.

See here:
http://uo2.stratics.com/items/runic-re-forging

Stayin Alive,

BG

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot reforge a weapon with magical properties, such as SSI. I would guess that if it only had a damage type (100% Poison Damage) that you could reforge it. Damage types do not count against Imbuing totals, so it is a safe guess.

See here:
http://uo2.stratics.com/items/runic-re-forging

Stayin Alive,

BG
Yes it's possible.... you'd have to choose 2 names though and go for haste / of Quality to pull the SSI / 100% Elemental dmg. The only tough part will be figuring out what level of hammer can acheive BOTH of those mods at the desired intensity. I was doing 100% elemental Soul Glaives and Reforging them a 2nd time for 45% Velocity for like 3 months & only hit a 4 of those with mods I'd consider useful. It is possible though.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it's possible.... you'd have to choose 2 names though and go for haste / of Quality to pull the SSI / 100% Elemental dmg. The only tough part will be figuring out what level of hammer can acheive BOTH of those mods at the desired intensity. I was doing 100% elemental Soul Glaives and Reforging them a 2nd time for 45% Velocity for like 3 months & only hit a 4 of those with mods I'd consider useful. It is possible though.
I read it as if he was asking if they could reforge a weapon which already had SSI on it (prior to reforging). This is not possible, since the weapons must be clear of magical properties or special materials. Maybe I read it wrong.

Stayin Alive,

BG

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont want enhanced?
If you dont want negative property,you need yew runic and 2 ward choice....
I think its dream....
We lost double reforging,so I think drean...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I was going to make something like this I'd just find a clean 100% poison weapon and reforge it, or imbue a not-clean one and enhance with ash, and not worry about trying to squeeze 50% SSI out of it via reforge/enhance..

Last edited: