• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can you mark runes in grass areas of small keep?

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all,

I have recently placed a stone keep and was wondering how to access the 3 grass areas? i am going to demolish and rebuild with another account and wonder if i mark the spots then mark when demolished if the will work when i put it back up? Also wondering if you can secure or lock down in those areas if you can indeed access them?

thank you,

giles

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You used to be able to access those areas with a marked rune ...

though i have lost my runes and haven't tested it in a while ...

I know that if you can access them you cannot secure or lockdown anything there.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Xanth de Orlig. i am going to mark the runes on grass before i place and see. bummer you cant lock stuff down there. i guess id know more if i didnt live in a small tower for 7 years.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a rune to the grassy area in the back of one of our guild Keeps once.

But yeah you can't deco that sadly.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I replaced my keep a while ago one of my characters were in the grassy area. I marked a rune was able to recall in a few times.but one day I went to recall back in I couldn't the spot was blocked.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a rune to the grassy area in the back of one of our guild Keeps once.

But yeah you can't deco that sadly.
Well you can place som Deco. Wooden steeds, thos black cat statues, rubble(?) etc. Everything that doesnt decay could be placed as deco :)

G

Gunga_Din

The keep must be kept public to recall in to those areas. You mark runes before you place. I have my inner areas decorated with non-decay items and furniture i've collected from old idocs.

** Mark about 3-4 runes for each of the 3 areas just incase you miss, plus you will have backups.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I always did was place a mousehole above the grassy areas then turn into a slime and go down. I used to do this because I had a tree in the grassy area and would get Frostwood from it.

Just a suggestion.

B

Babble

Yes the fixed it so you cannot recall in those buildings.
Marking before and then placing works..but uhm .. is basically an exploit :p

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually tried to get into these areas in one of my keeps not too too long ago ... and have to say I was a bit bummed you cannot cast fields in houses anymore ... cause that was the easiest way to get up or down through floors and ceilings ...

That being said ... I don't see it being too 'wrong' to mark runes, then build a keep .. I mean in all technicalities, who's to say that some random player didn't have a rune marked there years ago, and you just happened to build a keep over their recall point? ;-)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I actually tried to get into these areas in one of my keeps not too too long ago ... and have to say I was a bit bummed you cannot cast fields in houses anymore ... cause that was the easiest way to get up or down through floors and ceilings ...

That being said ... I don't see it being too 'wrong' to mark runes, then build a keep .. I mean in all technicalities, who's to say that some random player didn't have a rune marked there years ago, and you just happened to build a keep over their recall point? ;-)
This actually happened to a group of us... we had just placed a keep for our guild and were remarking about how neat it was and getting all the deco done and basically "dedicating" the building to the guild..... When someone recalled in to the back grassy area... we were all stunned...

I partied the individual and we talked and apparently the house that had been there he had a rune to was a vendor house... at one point. So I met him in Skara Brae and he gave us a rune to the back grass patch of the house. Was pretty cool.

E

El_Cid

I have done this on Oceania, placed a keep found a better spot months later and the recalled back to the old location later on accident and wham, in the grass space

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ignore what people say. You can mark runes and recall to keeps no matter what.