1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you lose control of a vendor YOU own?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by EvilPixieWorks, Jan 5, 2019.

1. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So... I cleaned out many dead/forgotten/abandoned vendors at my mall.

I guess this started in September as I came back to full time play, to make room for NEW vendors and help our wonderful Atlantic community... buying and selling. However, I wasnt going to terminate ALL the empty vendors without making sure they WERE abandoned. I wanted to give everyone a chance to see the mall was back in service, so I started with the players/friends that I knew retired and didnt come back. I also didnt want a 2/3 empty mall! That would look horrible!!!

So... here is this cute little pink vendor, set up cute. Totally empty. Like any vendor, you double click it... it shows you the goods for sale. If you OWN the vendor, it first gives you a menu then says "Let me show you YOUR goods", right? Otherwise, it says "Let me show you my goods". 2 big clear signs this is a vendor YOU own. Besides this, I mainly run my vendors from my main account... where the shopper, the crafters, the looted goods... come from (mainly). Then I was loading another vendor where I hit "all names" and the pink vendor caught my attention as it was something I would clearly name it. hehe "A Candy Pixie".

Something VERY odd...

This abounded vendor... is MINE! BUT... it doesnt look like mine via menu. I double clicked it with my main account, I get nothing showing its my vendor. I switch to the mall account, it still shows no sign its my vendor. I single click. It says the owner name is the mall's account. So I change again, get that girl (who is my treasure chest cracker). Her name is on the options window. No sign its hers. "my goods" vs. "your goods". I can clearly terminate this contract like it belongs to anyone else. The bigger question is... is this a bug or something that can happen? No changes to my accounts. Sure no ownership!

This was a vendor that took looted treasure from cracking level 6 chests... but, it's no longer something I can do... so it would be redesigned.... BUT I set another vendor up for loot not knowing/remembering this one. (It was 4 years ago, plus.)

Anyone seen this? Should it be reported? I cant even redress her. I couldn't load her with goods if I wanted. Its sure no emergency, but just confusing.

2. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Grand Inquisitor

You lost me at "cute little pink vendor"! And just an FYI, With the "classic" screen (grayish) background It is REALLY hard to read ANYTHING you write in light purple.

htapro, Tyrath, Eärendil and 4 others like this.
  3. Cailleach

Cailleach Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What Keith said, I find it pretty much impossible to read what you're saying cos of your text colour, sorry :(

4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well, - as you own the shop, just context it and go to contract options and see who owns it.

Victim of Siege likes this.
  5. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Then you dont need to respond and try and high-jack the topic. If you dont know... you dont know.

However, it is kind of nice to know... with all these "experts", this is not a common situation. Hopefully I page a GM tomorrow and figure out if it can be corrected. Ether way, the vendor is going down.

6. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Did you maybe cross-shard with that char?

TheDrAJ likes this.
  7. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

No. I did not. The transfers I do are on a totally different account then any of the town accounts.

Good question! :) Thank you.

Unfortunately, as it always tends to be... when you notice a problem vendor that you need to cut the renewal... I JUST missed it. hehe Have to wait another 6 full days before the vendor falls.

Every time I think about this little issue... I cant be more thankful we have the ability to stop the renewal of a vendor, so they go down vs. waiting all day for a Game-Master to help remove a vendor... like in the "good ole days" before Malas. hehe. That IS one option that should only be weekly, never monthly. However, if it were my design... and people checked on a vendor daily or even every few days, it would warn them of the contract not being renewed vs. just going to the sign/storage crate. Then again, I'm sure good mall owners normally have good communications and never cut vendors stocked and everyone is happy. I truly hate cutting a vendor. Do everything to communicate and prevent it. This issue? I cant very well ignore communications with myself. hehe

8. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

BTW, you can read the purple text if you highlight it

9. Cailleach

Cailleach Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yeah, that's what I do. Not easy for my eyes there either, tbh. I try to be helpful where I can, which for me includes remembering stuff like this in case it's an issue someone else has in future. Hard to do when ya can't read it!

Pixie, this is not an attempt to hi-jack your thread. It's an attempt to make it available to a wider selection of folks, so that you get a wider range of answers. Recently, you used a much darker purple in a post & I could read that no bother :)

10. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Grand Inquisitor

Sure can! I had a vendor run off with a wizard from Moonglow. Haven't seen her since!

Cailleach likes this.