• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you irradiate me now?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay, so my Verizon phone emits just about the highest radiation levels of any tested phone currently on the market. Good thing I don't talk on it much. :-/

See how your phone/smart phone ranks here.

-Skylark

P.S. for those easily alarmed, we are talking electromagnetic radiation, as in radio waves, etc., which our bodies are bombarded with constantly in our high tech society. The health impact of holding a phone sending & receiving such transmissions next to one's head for long periods of time is still not clearly known. So while there may be no need to break out the Geiger counter to check your phone, it probably won't hurt to pick one that is low on the EMR side.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Will you look like elephant man soon?

O

Old Man of UO

Take those ratings with a grain of salt. All the phones listed rate below the regulated "safe" level of 1.6. It's true that long term exposure effects are unknown, but at this level it doesn't penetrate below the layer of skin.

The Environmental Working Group is one of many "junk" science groups, probably not the worst. They tend to neglect the traditional axiom of "dosage makes the poison" and declare anything with any sort of chemical as being toxic. It's informative, just don't believe everything you read there.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at this level it doesn't penetrate below the layer of skin.
But it does penetrate my skin?! That's where I keep my epidermis and hair follicles!

EVERYBODY PANIC!

O

Old Man of UO

But it does penetrate my skin?! That's where I keep my epidermis and hair follicles!

EVERYBODY PANIC!
Ahh... you might be on to something there. I seldom use cell phones and still have all my hair.

Except that funny little bald patch on the side...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take those ratings with a grain of salt. All the phones listed rate below the regulated "safe" level of 1.6. It's true that long term exposure effects are unknown, but at this level it doesn't penetrate below the layer of skin.

The Environmental Working Group is one of many "junk" science groups, probably not the worst. They tend to neglect the traditional axiom of "dosage makes the poison" and declare anything with any sort of chemical as being toxic. It's informative, just don't believe everything you read there.
I don't worry, my tinfoil hat protects me from everything. ;)

-Skylark