• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you get Eodon drops from inside Kotl City?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you get Eodon drops (e.g. Darden armor pieces, Eodon recipe scrolls) from inside Kotl City?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering I didnt find this dungeon until only this last September... I was wondering a lot about this dungeon. I tried maybe a dozen or so times, hunt and killing whatever monster type... with nothing more then a few gold to show for the effort. Cant go in any more then level 1... I think. Was very boring.

I'm not much good inside dungeons. Thus, I really dont like them. I admit that.

Some... (more then 1) was telling me that ANYTHING you kill in this land will give you a small chance of a recipe drop. I ended up buying most of them on another shard, bringing them to my main crafter on Atlantic. Only thing I got were a few armor drops, with the double stats as you'll see killing paragon stuff once in a blue moon. Considering I have a chest full of these without ever making a set? I could care less. hehe. I really want a few of those Kotl power generators for décor. Can NEVER find them. You cant very well craft one if you cant find the stuff to make them, ever. Then again, this may be a developer error. A lack of logic. The drops are way too rare. Only thing really fun to do is join in the random group going after the Dragon Turtle. Then again, a few fat stacks of gold is the very best you can get... as long as you have a bag of sending.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven’t been back there since the event but yes, I did get some random drops at the time. Best place I found for drops was doing the turtle spawn. The 1st & 2nd levels can drop a few easily. 3rd level not so much & 4th never seemed to drop much for me.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, no one knows and the people who are answering aren't addressing "INSIDE KOTL CITY." Got it.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got drops inside Kotl City during the event.

Maybe I’m not clear on what exactly u mean by Kotl City ? U mean the dungeon ? I’m not aware of a “city”.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, dungeon, the anterooms to the ruins of the underground Kotl City. Nice blue floor, currently occupied by fire elementals, lava lizards, and desiccated myrmidex larvae. Thanks for answering.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, no one knows and the people who are answering aren't addressing "INSIDE KOTL CITY." Got it.
I did! Days of hunting... only able to get around level one, I think... couldn't get past far because of the puzzle or whatever. Just the same... it never became "worth wild". Thus, the hunting is just the same out in the main world.

If you ask me, the entire landmass is a waste of space. Should be more quests a single person can do alone vs. big groups. If you are without a big guild, you aren't getting anyplace. With my friends, they never seam to be on the same page even hunting as a pair. This land isn't designed for pairs. Its about groups. At least, from what I see.

Since they opened that new dungeon in T2A, I think thats where people go for a good hunt now a days... less the Dragon Turtle.

You can spend week upon week inside that dungeon and get nothing more then a few piles a gold. Would you say thats addressing "inside"? hehe All work and no candy makes me a sad pixie.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not clue on drops cause only reason I went down there was for that beautiful purple drakes... 100% crimson and platinum drakes.

I wish they do something with it. The city seems like a waste to me :(

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have never gotten a recipe or armor drop there, since the Halloween event there three years ago.
you can do the Eodon Quests solo, they aren't that hard to do...
I like doing the one at Jukari Village, where you have to go mine in the volcano...
I use a tamer, and when the volcano elementals spawn, I kill them and loot the jewels that tend to be on their corpse...
and I will usually get a drop within a couple hours (maybe within 2 hours)…
the reward for the quest makes awesome deco... but its also an item needed for the quest at the britannian encampment.

I love how the reward is a glowing fire, when locked down... so awesome

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, and as recently as June or July of 2018, you could still get the kotl event turn-in items, though you'd have to turn them in outside Terort Skitas until that NPC goes away in the fall.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even a section of "Fire Field" would be nice to lock down. :)

We have sparkles... we have vortexes... those spinning blade things.

Something would be a lot better then busting up fireplaces. I see people doing that. Horrid.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Fire.jpg
the bottom pic is what it looks like, when its in your backpack & it dims like the top pic (when locked down)

Fires of Kukuss
blessed item from the quest from the Jukari High Chief
(must get the quest from Blackthorns Castle, that requires you to take to Sir Geoffrey The Guardsman at the Britanian encampment first)
(then you can get a quest from Sir Geoffrey to acquire some items, these items are obtained from the High Chiefs at the villages of Eodon)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I call that the burning pile of dung... but I do like it. It's pretty neat... One of the best items...