• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you change undesirable "Item Properties" in the Imbuing stage.

Jazzer

Adventurer
Can you change a property like "Durability" or "Lower Requirements" to a different property? I so, can someone explain how. I am hoping that the weapons that I did recraft and had a good property with one bad property can be salvaged.

I was able to recraft a double axe with cold damage with two properties. One with Stamina Leech and the other... wait for it... Lower Requirements; imagine that? I have gotten this a lot. I have done a bunch a reading-up on the how-toos but haven't actually tried the imbuing process. I am going to today.

Is this just standard in the whole making a weapon yourself, you are going to have at least one "Undesirable Item Property"? Better to know now then learn later.

Also, if anyone can share any top-secret information, or a good source, on how secede in crafting a good item. It sucks to think that you spend all this time and money to create something your excited about proud of, only to be thwarted by "Lower Requirements".

Thanks again!

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No, you can't change the properties. Just try again.
Read some guides for reforging. there are some good ones around. (Sorry, have no link atm)

Here are some

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I assume you mean runic reforging when you say recraft, right?

Yes it is common to get properties you don’t want. That’s why this process takes a lot of attempts to get what you want.

What exactly are you trying to make and what runics are you using?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh and I wanted to mention, if you ever get self repair, that goes away when you imbue.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only things you can change from one property to another, once present, are (as far as I know):

Skills within a skill group on Jewelry (so, you can change Swords to Magery, but you might not be able to get it as high as the original, if the item was near cap or +20).
Hit Spell effects on weapons to a different Hit Spell effect. (but with intensity issues as with skills)
Hit Area effects to a different Hit Area damage type. (but with intensity issues as with skills)
Slayer Types on weapons.
Also....
Self Repair goes away on imbuing.
Damage increase can be removed with a whetstone.
Mage Armor can be removed for a cost at an NPC.

Personally, I think that it should be changed to allow you to do the three "within class" swaps to where it changes the property type but retains the intensity, but Broadsword scoffed at that idea (getting a +20 skill as loot is hard enough. It would nice to be able to keep the +20 with a same-group skill)

Jazzer

Adventurer
The only things you can change from one property to another, once present, are (as far as I know):

Skills within a skill group on Jewelry (so, you can change Swords to Magery, but you might not be able to get it as high as the original, if the item was near cap or +20).
Hit Spell effects on weapons to a different Hit Spell effect. (but with intensity issues as with skills)
Hit Area effects to a different Hit Area damage type. (but with intensity issues as with skills)
Slayer Types on weapons.
Also....
Self Repair goes away on imbuing.
Damage increase can be removed with a whetstone.
Mage Armor can be removed for a cost at an NPC.

Personally, I think that it should be changed to allow you to do the three "within class" swaps to where it changes the property type but retains the intensity, but Broadsword scoffed at that idea (getting a +20 skill as loot is hard enough. It would nice to be able to keep the +20 with a same-group skill)
Thank you!!! These are the little bits that are greatly appreciated! Another thing I saw was about timing and that imbuing one property before the other can have bad consequence. Maybe this has to do with the skills?

Thanks for input!

I have been reforging my exceptional armor am deciding which to keep and try to imbue

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Generally, you want to imbue in order of expensive materials first. So do your relic fragment imbues, then enchanted essence imbues, then magical residue.

I think there is something about swing speed increase and leeches, but not sure. Maybe someone else has info on that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The displayed value of HP Leech and Mana Leech (but not Stamina Leech) changes from changing/adding SSI value. It doesn't actually change the "Intensity" in terms of Imbuing value. However, the math of how the leeches work might change the end value leeched for that intensity over time. It's supposed to balance out, but the way the multiplication works may not always work out.