• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can whips be enhanced????

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
had anyone tried to enhance a whip?
im imbuing my first one and i remember they said we could reforge them, but can we enhance them?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, some thigh-high stiletto leather boots, fishnet body stocking and a corseted bustier...should enhance the whips perfectly.

:naughty-angel:
Just gave me an idea for a new Character. I wonder what my safe word is going to be

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Good question. And if you can enhance them, then youll need the tool, or your chances of destroying it will be very high, and youll have hard time getting another..

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping the whips would have been a bit better drop rate considering they will wear out, or get lost during the enhancing. I have been getting alot of the title drops. Not so much of the purse drops and only one whip. Just saying seems abit low.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we have to assume that these will be craftable after the xmas event no?
would seem strange to have a new weapon class and then not have it available after the event.

im surprised the Krumpus does not drop a recipe for whips....

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we have to assume that these will be craftable after the xmas event no?
would seem strange to have a new weapon class and then not have it available after the event.

im surprised the Krumpus does not drop a recipe for whips....
No.

There are "other plans" for the whips which don't include them becoming craftable for the foreseeable future.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*facepalm* I haven't gotten any whips yet from a drop.
If these are important, then we need an alternate way of getting them.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Interesting thing, didn't they say that whips are reforgeable and imbuable?
Imagive that you REALLY wanted to get one, spent 40 hours into this effort, then got how many 1-2-10 maybe? Doubt it.
Then subject that painstaking fruit of your efforts to Reforging? Reforging has awful randomness built in, and assumes that you can easily blow away 20-100 items whips, swords axes etc, to get the mods that you want..Really? Not to mention enhancing without the $$ tool would be lethal to the item?
So whips the way they drop and are now, will be just a deco item. A rare but not so rare maybe? Hard to see these stack against the other weapons that are craftable, other than they are one handed, and all have WW on them but so what?
Aw well another deco item that comes with some pretty serious grinding.
Same thing with recent Khal item : Khal Mask - Deco at best..unless it somehow is changed to something else? In my opinion the bandie bag beats the poops out of the Mask, as it has some use.
No wow! items for the massive effort..But fun just to kill time anyways, IF you have the time.
Aww what the heck just blowing off steam.. lol.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i powdered up a mace whip and imbued it up and took it out.
oh my am i in love!
im so use to slow 2 handed weapons for mace that this whip was a dream!
i was in the spawn just waaaaaaaaaa-crack everything lays down, and fast..... put a shield with SSI on it and let her buck!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
still not willing to try to enhance it to see if that works, dont want to risk losing it!

plus what skill would a person use?
speaking of.... what skill do we use to fix the durability on a whip???

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
still not willing to try to enhance it to see if that works, dont want to risk losing it!

What shard you on poo? I have a couple forged tools your more than welcome to use a charge ot two.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You forgot there is a TEST CENTER. Practice there!

Whips are repaired by tinker.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You forgot there is a TEST CENTER. Practice there!

Whips are repaired by tinker.
good thinking!
ill have to log in tomorrow and copy a guy over.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That means it's likely a horrible plan.

Whips aren't able to be enhanced, at least not yet.
i didnt think they would be because they dont have weapon attributes for leather yet and if they make them enhancable with metal that would just be like the tips or barb which kinda would be different in my thinking.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Watch the Whips will become a Tinker BoD reward >< that's my guess.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Got the EX Bladed Whip on the third day of event and then got two EX Spiked Whips over the weekend, so they are there.

For the most, everything seems spread out as far as drop rates. I have a little of everything really. And I tend to get nothing but a few gems.

I'm surprised that on ATL they are only selling for around 10-15MIL, given the current rarity of drop rate and the fact there are none on the VS and barely any shouts for them.

I would think they would sell much higher than that at the moment, but I'm going to assume that no one wants to spend 50Mil + on a weapon, no one has a clue how to gauge the pricing, it's still too early, or there may be plans for whips to be much more available.

It's all rather interesting. I won't part with mine without a hefty sum, at any rate.

Meanwhile, titles are decently priced between 3-10mil, Naughty being the most popular. And any of the Krampus recipes can go for 10Mil pretty easy.

I finally got a golden branch just a day ago.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rarity of whips depends on your shard population to. I managed to get a fencing whip on my Necro Paladin.

I had six trade runs in from over two days. Pretty sure I wasn't the top damage dealer either. I would turn minion corpses into Skeletal Knights, Summon a Revant and dark wolf or Death Adder familiar. Cast EoO, Curse Weapon, Conscecrate Weapon, Divine Fury and use Armor Ignore in Wraith Form. Then runaway like a little school girl when my health got to 50%.