• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can we talk about the fizzle sound effect?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is this supposed to sound like a car stalling? is this the same noise alligators make in the game? interesting choice for sound effect.

if it’s supposed to be an alligator, why choose the alligator sound?

a wizard

Journeyman
Maybe alligators sound like a fizzle, and they chose the fizzle sound for alligators.

Lots of sounds were recycled though, especially older content stuff. Saved drive space during a time when that space was limited.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i need to know about the lore behind mages farting every time they get interrupted casting a spell

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always thought it was the sound of.. erm, flatulence?
Same. We used to say we "farted" when we fizzed.

i need to know about the lore behind mages farting every time they get interrupted casting a spell
When mages are casting spells, they actually eat the reagents, which cause a lot of gas buildup as the mage is casting. If the mage doesn't properly incant and channel the spell, the gas is then expelled from the ass rather than in a spell.
The cost of frequently replacing underwear got so expensive, that our chars just opt to wear the same pair of crusty, ****-stained undies for 25 years instead.

Some very talented Mages can even incant spells from their ass, like this one. You REALLY don't want to see this mage summon a Daemon...

Last edited: