• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we sue the movers for broken items during the city merge? :)

T

TKSpeedy1

I logged on to one of my sims from CC today, and when I went to the house, there were quite a few things broken. And OMG! I couldn't believe the cost to repair them! Repair costs are outrageous! 4K to fix an irrigation system? I didn't even pay that much for it in the first place! 400+ for a toilet? 500+ to fix the fridge? The items are still broke cause I'm broke....*sigh* Something really needs to be done about the repair costs.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

I logged on to one of my sims from CC today, and when I went to the house, there were quite a few things broken. And OMG! I couldn't believe the cost to repair them! Repair costs are outrageous! 4K to fix an irrigation system? I didn't even pay that much for it in the first place! 400+ for a toilet? 500+ to fix the fridge? The items are still broke cause I'm broke....*sigh* Something really needs to be done about the repair costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG that's just plain crazy!!!

I feel for you and I agree repair cost NEED to be brought down, it's getting impossible to keep a house open anymore due to the costs of repairs, food etc, and the lot prices are rediculous too!!!

Cat.

P

Paulina

Well I hate to tell you, but in the movers contract that you signed , the little line on the bottom, you know the one you need a magnifying glass to read, it states: " Movers will not be responsible for any damage occured during the merge". Sorry
You might want to go and make some money, the repair dude won't even come to your house unless you have $499 in cold hard cash.

Another option would be, to go after those bears...I betcha they had something to do with the breakage of your items too, looking for cream bearsuits...lol.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG that's just plain crazy!!!

I feel for you and I agree repair cost NEED to be brought down, it's getting impossible to keep a house open anymore due to the costs of repairs, food etc, and the lot prices are rediculous too!!!

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cat,

Yeah, lot prices have gone way up. Isn't one of the goals in the game to EARN money...enough to survive and work towards getting your own house? Um...that's not gonna work with prices of essential things so high.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Well I hate to tell you, but in the movers contract that you signed , the little line on the bottom, you know the one you need a magnifying glass to read, it states: " Movers will not be responsible for any damage occured during the merge". Sorry
You might want to go and make some money, the repair dude won't even come to your house unless you have $499 in cold hard cash.

Another option would be, to go after those bears...I betcha they had something to do with the breakage of your items too, looking for cream bearsuits...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paulina,

LOL! Dang...forgot to read the fine print. Bummer....and yeah, the bears. Hmmm...Why didn't I think about them? I'm gonna have to go hunting.
I need a bearskin rug anyway.

G

I've often found that objects are broken after a move, but when I click on them to repair, they are magically mended again.

Polly

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I've often found that objects are broken after a move, but when I click on them to repair, they are magically mended again.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...When I get back to the city, I'll have to check that out. Would be nice if that would happen. Can your sprinklers come on automatically without the irrigation system to go along with it? If yes, maybe I'll just put the irrigation system into my inventory until I can make enough money to at least call the repairman and eat on my own property.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

OH maybe that is what happened at my place today Polly. I was at home and a guy told me all my bookcases were broken. However, when I looked, there was nothing at all broken. Then he had to agree that he could no longer find a broken object either. I guess he fixed my house before I even knew it was bugged.

P

Paulina

OMG...the picture of nekkid bears running around...lol. Maybe that would help with them getting the cream suit then..lol. Call them the " streaking bears squat". They can appear on your lot without warning, zoom all over the lot..well not if there is lag then it be slow motion...uiiiii the picture..*shakes head*....lol

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

OMG...the picture of nekkid bears running around...lol. Maybe that would help with them getting the cream suit then..lol. Call them the " streaking bears squat". They can appear on your lot without warning, zoom all over the lot..well not if there is lag then it be slow motion...uiiiii the picture..*shakes head*....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, now there's a good idea to get people at my lot AND make money. I can advertise the naked bears and charge admission to see them.

P

Paulina

But please put a warning sign out, that images might scare you and you might need therapy. That way you can't be sued by a Simmie that has nightmares after that..lol. Oh btw. do i get a cut of the profits? lol

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

But please put a warning sign out, that images might scare you and you might need therapy. That way you can't be sued by a Simmie that has nightmares after that..lol. Oh btw. do i get a cut of the profits? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFL! Thanks! I needed a good laugh. And yeah, after I start making a profit, I'll give you some...In the meantime, I'll just give you credit for giving me the idea.

G

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that once sprinklers have been linked to an irrigation system, they'll continue to work regardless of whether the irrigation works or not.

I had this problem the other day when one of my merged sims arrived and started unloading her inventory. When I sent a second sim to the lot, she didn't see the objects as needing fixing. Either clicking on them, or resetting that sim should make them all better - unless of cause you do have an object with a genuine repair need !

Polly

P

Paulina

LOL..sounds fair to me. I might even stop by to see the show myself, but first I have to get myself into therapy. Keep dreaming about a big squid and a baby bottle...Major therapy there I tell ya...lol

T

TKSpeedy1

That's good to know about the sprinklers and irrigation system. Thanks Polly! Guess I'll leave the irrigation system where it is then. I was just worried about my poor mystic.

T

TKSpeedy1

Yeah, those are weird ones....the baby bottle I get...the squid I never could figure out. EA really needs to post a dream guide somewhere.

As for the bears...hmmm..."Dancing Naked Bears"? "Chip 'N Dale Bears"....gotta come up with a name.

P

Paulina

I am thinking Aliens...Sim Aliens kidnpped me while I was stuck in Lag land and now I am pregnant with a giant squid.....yeah thats it....lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL..sounds fair to me. I might even stop by to see the show myself, but first I have to get myself into therapy. Keep dreaming about a big squid and a baby bottle...Major therapy there I tell ya...lol

[/ QUOTE ]Reminds me of that line in Men In Black: "Congratulations! It's a... Squid!"

G

If you have a week to waste. You can make your house a residence and fix for free.

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Reminds me of that line in Men In Black: "Congratulations! It's a... Squid!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, the squid in the car giving birth...ewwwwwww that is messy.....lmao. No thank you...lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, those are weird ones....the baby bottle I get...the squid I never could figure out. EA really needs to post a dream guide somewhere.

As for the bears...hmmm..."Dancing Naked Bears"? "Chip 'N Dale Bears"....gotta come up with a name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...about the squid...

A couple of years ago I had a man-eating squid that lived in the pond on my lot. She had a name, but I've long forgotten it. She only ate male sims. The lot was named "Something About Squid" and born out of my roommate's (a very close rl friend) obsession with squid.

The squid is gone now. I apologize for the nightmares I have caused.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now are you more scared of the nekkid male or female bears???

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

If you have a week to waste. You can make your house a residence and fix for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried that after you suggested it and it wouldn't let me fix anything for free.
Oh well...at least I don't have to green while on my property now.

P.S. The toilet price was a glitch..went to the property and it said $150 now. The rest still say the same, though.

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now are you more scared of the nekkid male or female bears???

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..good question. Would have to do a test run and see which one would put me on the therapy couch longer.