• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we move this posts back to UHall please, returning players will get lost

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This are crazy, we get alot players coming back, they look at UHall for info. We are Time of Legend now, so it belong on UHall. This forum had been fine, when ToL still was on test forum.
We need to keep it simple and the info easy to find.
Stuff like bank changes may make returning players give up, when they see all their gold are gone.
Better is to have focus threads on UHall, Bank changes, Castle customizing, Eodon, etc.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The problem is that players would not be able to find information about the expansion once it is no longer the thing everyone in Uhall is talking about, all the expansion information would become lost among hundreds of threads about other subjects. I am the one who moved the posts here, and I had to go back about 12 pages in Uhall to locate all the information to move it here even though I already knew exactly which posts I was looking for. In a few months people would have to go back probably 50+ pages to find this information if it was returned to Uhall.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There will both be places to find info, UOGuide, Stratics, UO.Com.
This are forcing players to read 2 forums instead of only UHall and that is really bad. I know I will miss most of the posts and won't be able to help with the info I have.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I understand your concern, but our goal is to make this website self-sufficient, so people would not have to go to UO Guide or any other forums to find the information they are looking for. That way if the other forums like UO Guide ever shut down, or people stop updating them the information will not be lost because it will still be safe on Stratics.

It's not up to me to decide which forum the information should be posted in, that is up to the administrators, but I strongly believe this forum is a better way to store the information.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I know I will miss most of the posts and won't be able to help with the info I have.
Have you considered "watching" both forums and then selecting the Watched Forums feature so you can see the two you're interested in? It's a link at the top of your page...click on Forums there and you'll see it...or click the down-arrow on the Forums link and select it.

You can also enable alerts (email or just on the site) when a new post is added, if you only want to "Watch" the Time of Legends forum and spend most of your time in UHall...or vice versa.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Stratics always had info on http://uo2.stratics.com/ and Wiki like UOGuide, but on Stratics would work too. The info moved to this forum is chaos, no matter where it is placed.
If it was on UHall, players, who search for info, from UHall would find it if they "seach in this forum only", now they won't find it.
You are splitting the community. Ok I will stop now, but I still hate this.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics always had info on http://uo2.stratics.com/ and Wiki like UOGuide, but on Stratics would work too.
Great news...we are in the process of creating a wiki on the site, so you should start seeing content come out for that soon. A lot of the great info you and other community members take the time to write in this Forum will contribute to the Time of Legends wiki content. Plans are also afoot to migrate content from the old Stratics sites too, as it's relevant. It will take some time, to be sure, but we hear you and are responding :)

(As an aside, you might even start seeing links show up in thread posts while we're creating the new categories for Wiki. Once the wiki goes live you'll be able to jump to those permanent articles for more detailed information on things, to find it even faster!)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is ridiculous and petty. The information isn't any harder to find.

If people are too slow to find the information they shouldn't be using the Internet.

If anything it's more useful since now you don't have to sift through random garbage to find a relevant thread.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just glancing at the main forum page this morning, Time of Legends sits right next to UHall so I don't think it's too likely to be missed or overlooked by anyone, returning or otherwise. It'll be okay. :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Returning players aren't nim-wits. We see returning players and new players in the Profession forums asking about templates and stuff, they will find stuff fine.

Also, there are folks in my guild who can't stand looking for things in Stratics on the grounds they don't have the patience to sort through sub-forums, like U-Hall, that they don't know or care enough about to have to go through pages of info. If they have a specific question about the expansion, the info they need will be consolidated in one sub-forum that is easy to find.