• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we have an Oceania Factions Sticky Thread please?

G

Post says it all.

There has been more action in Factions over the past few weeks than I have ever seen before.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be nice, and can we also get the once that are stickied tidied up a bit. We dont need the PvP guide, they can go to other forums for that etc etc. Get rid of what we dont need.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That would be nice, and can we also get the once that are stickied tidied up a bit. We dont need the PvP guide, they can go to other forums for that etc etc. Get rid of what we dont need.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a whole thread about just that (and opinions and such =P) here =)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont want to edit the stickies. I think all we need is

Rules
Doom Guide
Current Events (like EVE etc) (Also to be wiped as soon as an event is finished)
PVP Stuff
Guild List (Needs to be wiped monthly and leaders to repost if interested so to keep guilds that cease to exist off)

I dont see why we need anything else.

G

Geriatrics

a thread for how awesome i am would be nice as well but we cant have everything we want

i'm actually amazed anyone is doing anything at all with factions
just before i quit as much as i had to do with factions was camping faction vendors for iron ore, wood and reagents
they were good little earners

G

<blockquote><hr>

Guild List (Needs to be wiped monthly and leaders to repost if interested so to keep guilds that cease to exist off)

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at least every quarter would be good, with a general reminder when it happens. If it's there forever the posts become uneditable after a time, also other guilds get a chance at being higher up the list.

G

*nods* Like I said, there was a whole discussion about that in that thread too. I agree with you, I don't think we need as many, and it kinda sounded like it's going to be pruned a bit as it's updated - at least I vaguely remember that being in there somewhere =P

G

I suppose my question is why? I would think the PvP thread could be used for it as that is what in essence factions is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I suppose my question is why? I would think the PvP thread could be used for it as that is what in essence factions is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can see your point, however, I think having a separate thread for Factions would highlight the fact to the Shard that Factions are indeed active on Oceania.

I don't agree that Factions are in essence PvP. I would definitely not classify myself as a PvPer in any respect, but I do like Factions. There is so much more to Factions than just PvP. Roles for the Crafters, the Stealthers and The Thiefs for instance, and to say it is in essence PvP is misrepresenting it. If I thought that Factions were primarily PvP, I would steer clear of them, being the Trammy that I am, so this is a description I think needs defining.

The Faction thread would have contact details for Leaders of the Faction Guilds and links to some of the guides and could have a uniquely Oceanian twist with News Updates from the Oceanian Faction front, perhaps some interviews with the Guild Leaders.

Let's put the spotlight back on Factions. I am sure there are Oceanians out there that don't know what Factions are. There are others that do, but are unsure of where to go and who to speak to, to join a Faction Guild.

G

tell me the guild leaders and ill do up a spot light on them all given that they agree to it

G

Thanks Katlene,

I really only know two of the Guild Leaders.

Our own illustrious leader in Blood Serpents is Byrnst and True Britannians is one of Sneaky's chars.

both are cheeky fellows and I am sure anything they can contribute will be a good read.

G

How many people would honestly post on said thread if it was created or would it fall to the wayside?

G

OK, it might just be me, but why does it need to be made a sticky anyway?

Shouldnt stickies be used just for things that people NEED to read when they enter the forum? I think every other forum I've ever been part of is different to how Stratics works

If the thread is used enough, it will never fall off the front page anyway, and if it's on the front page people most likely will see it - personally my eyes tend to skip over stickies once I've been using a forum for a while, cos as I said, every other forum, the only things that are stickied are rules etc =)

Having said all that, I've also just joined a forum elsewhere, where the whole first page of the forum (30 threads or so) is stickies! That's just ridiculous and annoying, cos you have to go to the second page before you can find current threads!

G

Minax is defended by the Blood Serpents, led by Byrnst Maltec.

I have seen a member of the Shadowlords skulking around, but have not caught their tag. And I don't know how active Council of Mages are.

On a side note, what do you think of the forthcoming Faction changes Leaders?

L

Lord ToXeN

<blockquote><hr>

How many people would honestly post on said thread if it was created or would it fall to the wayside?

[/ QUOTE ]

I.

Considering there is a faction update on the horizon I think this would be a great idea. Factions deserve their own thread, it doesn't really belong in the PvP thread since Factions involve much more than just PvP (although it is a big part of it).

L

Lord ToXeN

<blockquote><hr>

On a side note, what do you think of the forthcoming Faction changes Leaders?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is long overdue. Can't wait.

L

Lord ToXeN

<blockquote><hr>

I don't agree that Factions are in essence PvP. I would definitely not classify myself as a PvPer in any respect, but I do like Factions. There is so much more to Factions than just PvP. Roles for the Crafters, the Stealthers and The Thiefs for instance, and to say it is in essence PvP is misrepresenting it. If I thought that Factions were primarily PvP, I would steer clear of them, being the Trammy that I am, so this is a description I think needs defining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh this is very true. PvP is a big part of factions no doubt there, but there is so much more to it than just PvP as you have explained, the same could be said of Fel as a whole.

G

Looks like it could be a struggle to get a sticky. I can see arguments for and against.

So how about we just have a thread named FACTION THREAD, and not sticky it. I am sure you will find that the Factioneers of Oceania can keep it on the front page without it being stickied.

G

Well if sneaky *cough* imean toxen ever replies to my pm and i remember who blood serpents boss is ill get something up
i can has plans!

G

Well i am off for the weeked so if all faction leaders could please PM me or icq me during this time id greatly appreciate it.

Ive compiled a list of faction questions i think i have it mostly covered but the commanders can add adjust or remove as they like :p

So yeah!! Have a good weekend all Im off to heated pools spas bbq's cakes &amp; my awesome potato salad woot!