• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get some answers?

G

Can we get some answers from someone who really knows? About the lag, the job situation, no promos, pay cuts....???? no need for rah rahs or smart comments. sick of all that...just want solid answers here. It's time for answers.

G

Stop in the town hall tomorrow and ask them anything you want.

G

RAH, RAH!!!
I agree...for those of us who PAY for this game, I think we are entitled to some solid answers. FIX THIS CRAP!!!! Stop putting money in YOUR pockets and fix this game.

I

imported_rpsky3

i pay for the game too. yes there is lag, but they are working on it. read some of the other posts, see how they also took the city down, someone is working on it. sometimes it takes longer to work on some items then others. sometimes they can not pin point the problem right away and it takes longer then expected. all we can do is grin and bear it, but know it will get fixed.

G

What exactly are they working on?? The only thing I know that's been fixed is being green when you go home after work. Like that was an important issue to fix...god forbid we get anything for free. No one can say any of these issues will be fix OR WHEN. They have my monthly fee for this month...if things aren't fixed it'll be the last month they get any money from me. I'll play for free and get what I pay for...nothing.

T

TKSpeedy1

Can you please STOP pushing the stupid Town Hall? There are some of us who don't have the time to stop by there or can't be there when it is open. This is a FORUM for discussion and ANSWERS to questions....I'm sure that EA/Maxis employees can stop by here and answer our questions. I don't think that is too much to ask for PAYING customers.

G

They can, but they dont have to. Stratics is not affiliated with EA in any way. If you want answers go to the proper place to get them. If you want to vent thats fine, but demanding anything from the devs in this venue will not necessarily get you anywhere.

T

TKSpeedy1

Um..sorry, but I know that EA/Maxis employees read this forum and have responded in the past, so please don't tell me that a PUBLIC forum is not a place to ask for answer or to expect someone to answer. If that were true, there wouldn't really be a purpose for this forum and everyone would go to the Wiki (which I still can't figure out).

G

She didn't really tell you you couldn't ask here, she said more or less that you weren't guaranteed an answer here. Which you aren't. If you were to go to Town Hall... you would be guaranteed an answer.

*throws in a rah rah for good measure*

G

<blockquote><hr>

RAH, RAH!!!
I agree...for those of us who PAY for this game, I think we are entitled to some solid answers. FIX THIS CRAP!!!! Stop putting money in YOUR pockets and fix this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pay for the game, too....and so do most of the folks reading your quote above...and none of us can 'fix this crap'.

How about you calm down and remember that this is a player run, player focused forum, and not an official EA site?

If you want to rag on the Dev's or EA for answers, post it in the Blog, or visit them in the Town Hall....and stop yelling at the Stratics community.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

What exactly are they working on?? The only thing I know that's been fixed is being green when you go home after work. Like that was an important issue to fix...god forbid we get anything for free. No one can say any of these issues will be fix OR WHEN. They have my monthly fee for this month...if things aren't fixed it'll be the last month they get any money from me. I'll play for free and get what I pay for...nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try to write this in a kind way.

Pardon me asking but are you a new player? Because the team as fixed this game a ton over the past year, it went from the [censored] up game where everyone had over 500 million simoleans average and no one left their homes, stores only sold rares for 100's of millions and use of the simolean cheat exploit was a normal thing. The game was neglected for 2 years.... and yet we still paid for it....!

Know I am fully aware that everyone can voice their opinions, but this is getting extremely annoying. Obviously, the game can not be fixed in a day. It takes tons of programing which takes years to master and then days to implement.

The developers are working as hard as they can, if you want to know what their doing. Please go to this link, Click here to go to TSO-E.. If you are not aware of this blog yet, it is the developers blog.

Please keep in mind, that EA Land is still in "Beta". There will be bugs...! If you run into a bug, or have technical problems please go to the Technical Boards on stratics (click Main Index and then scroll and click on the one that says Technical Boards). This will help alert the developers.

The developers do not have time to read every single post in city hall.

You cant not say that they are not fixing the game, because they are...! We get a weekly update on Wednesdays with new features and bug/programming fixes. Please stop complaining, it does not good. And if you feel that you are overpaying, then you have the option to cancel no one is forcing you to pay.

Rome was not built in a day, so EA Land will not be fixed in a day, all of us must accept this. The bugs are and will be fixed, we all know this. We are fully aware of the bugs in the game. So please.... their is no need for everyone to keep on complaining, whining and posting countless posts &amp; replies on how extremely bad the developers are because you claim that they are taking your cash and refuse to fix this game which is a lie.

I cant stand this anymore (the constant whining when everyone knows they are working very hard and the bugs will be fixed).

Gah!!!!!!!!!! * Explodes *

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The developers are working as hard as they can, if you want to know what their doing. Please go to this link, Click here to go to TSO-E.. If you are not aware of this blog yet, it is the developers blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

And THIS is part of the problem! You're right...it IS the DEVELOPERS BLOG. A lot of us can't figure out our way around this thing. If they'd make it more user friendly, maybe we'd go there. But like I said before..we're paying customers, they visit this forum and have answered here before. It's not an outrageous request for us to ask for answers here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Um..sorry, but I know that EA/Maxis employees read this forum and have responded in the past, so please don't tell me that a PUBLIC forum is not a place to ask for answer or to expect someone to answer. If that were true, there wouldn't really be a purpose for this forum and everyone would go to the Wiki (which I still can't figure out).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI....this is *not* a 'public' forum, it is a private one, which is why only people who have signed the agreement to follow <font color="blue">Stratics Rules of Conduct</font> can post here.

This is a player run site.....and players are the ones that respond to posted threads. If that is not good enough for you, then post in an official site like the Blog or visit the Town Hall in the game.

M

mysticlisa516

You might as well forget about voicing your opinion. If you don't kiss EA's *** then you are disposable around here. They don't want anyone in the game that doesn't agree with them. This is what I have found out. I don't know how many time I have gotten PMs that I should leave, and that I'm not wanted here. And most are from the pom pom squad.

G

Oooh do tell... I'd love to know who PM'd you. I like good gossip. I like to keep it all out in the open. But honestly. everyones opinions matter here. As much as possible.

I happen to think those who enjoy the game they pay for are in the minority here on the forums and are attacked for actually enjoying the game they pay for.

I guess its the same old debate about which side of the fence has greener grass.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

The blog is user friendly.....!

All you have to do is go their and the first post is about the latest news....! All you need to do is scroll down for previous news...!

Their are RSS feeds so that you can see the newest news on your tool bar. The archives are separated into months or categories.

All you need to do is register on the blog to post comments, and to reply to news all you need to do is click comment.

Like many have said before, Stratics is basically on a contract with EA it is in no way afflicted with EA. And the Devs don't have a ton of time to reply to each post..!

If you are one of the few people having problems with your browser opening TSO-E im sorry but thats the browsers fault.

So basically, its a matter of laziness because all of us can go and type in a few words to get to TSO-E or just click a button ( I have a button in my tool bar to redirect me to TSO-E).

Its is not a matter of why the devs are not posting news here, it is a matter of why people are too lazy to go to TSO-E.

And please don't bs me about not having time to view TSO-E. Because if you had no time, you would not be able to play EA Land, you would not have time to post on stratics.

So please, just go to tso-e....!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

If you get theses messages. It is an attack against you, which should be reported by pressing the little button on the bottom of the message box, which says "notify moderator" the RoC covers PMs too...!

And no you do not have to kiss EA's ass.

HOWEVER

If your going to post/reply to tons of complaing posters about the same [censored] thing that is being talked about a few threads and posts earlier. Also complaining about lies (that they are not fixing the game) then its gets [censored] anoying to have to tell each of these people that EA Land is being worked on and if you dont like it, then quit.

This is why most of us are being un-friendly!!!!!!!!!

Most of us on here spent 3 years of no updates or any slight communication from EA. And now we have seen a huge change and new players are coming back and complaining about bugs every single day that will be fixed in the next upcoming update!!!!!!!

*explodes again*

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

FYI....this is *not* a 'public' forum, it is a private one, which is why only people who have signed the agreement to follow <font color="blue">Stratics Rules of Conduct</font> can post here.

This is a player run site.....and players are the ones that respond to posted threads. If that is not good enough for you, then post in an official site like the Blog or visit the Town Hall in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...what I meant by "public forum" was that anyone can find it...which they can because I had lost the website addy for the forum and did a search on it to find it again...so anyone can find it. And yes, the players are the ones who respond to posted threads, but please do not try to tell me that Maxis/EA employees don't post here as well because I sure as heck have seen answers from Parizad and the devs here in the past.

G

No, no they certainly do post here. What Gilly and Niki are trying to say is that they are under no obligation to post here as this is not the official site for TSO. The blog is very user friendly log in and reply. I'm sure you are welcome to post here too but understand it is after business hours on the west coast and if anyone from EA does choose to respond at this point, it would be while they are off the clock.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Stratics = Non-EA Afflicated boards which means the Devs &amp; Parizad DO NOT have to post here.

TSO-E = EA Afflicated/Owned by EA which means they will post it there.

I don't understand why you cant just go to tso-e?

Its more user-friendly than stratics is for gods sake!

Must we continue to point you to TSO-E and explain why Devs don't have to post here.

T

TKSpeedy1

I find it interesting that you say the TSO-E boards are more user friendly than Stratics when all you have to do with Stratics is log in and go right to the correct forum..DUH! Couldn't be easier.......TSO-E is very un-user friendly and has been since the start. Give me a blog/wiki as easy as this and I'd be more than happy to participate since this place is only full of cheerleaders anyway. But I refuse to go to a blog/wiki and post when I can't even figure it out.

H

HunnyBunny

I have been to town hall and the devs and Parizad are usually too busy with what ever or AFK or more interested in messing around with the clique of the day. Not to mention when you try to ask a serious question you get some smart-alecky non-answer. So why even bother?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I find it interesting that you say the TSO-E boards are more user friendly than Stratics when all you have to do with Stratics is log in and go right to the correct forum..DUH! Couldn't be easier.......TSO-E is very un-user friendly and has been since the start. Give me a blog/wiki as easy as this and I'd be more than happy to participate since this place is only full of cheerleaders anyway. But I refuse to go to a blog/wiki and post when I can't even figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you are getting the blog and the wiki mixed up. They are two completely separate things. While the wiki can be confusing, even an 10 year old could register and post on the blog site.

http://www.ea-land.ea.com/blog/

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

I have been to town hall and the devs and Parizad are usually too busy with what ever or AFK or more interested in messing around with the clique of the day. Not to mention when you try to ask a serious question you get some smart-alecky non-answer. So why even bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly how the majority of people feel...if your not down with everything EA is doing your an expendable anoyance to them...

And as for all these replies about posting our comments on the official blog well, i tried that and once again all that happens is you get told to stop complaining and moaning then you get attacked by all the EA suck ups while the devs seem to always be too busy with other things to reply.....in the last few days only Sarah and Parizad have made 1 reply each on that blog, and both where to do with the card matching game, all the comments and questions about things like low payouts where "passed over" , so you have just as much chance of getting a reply from the devs on here as you do on the official bolg....

And if you dont want people to come here to discuss "developments" then this off the EA-Land site prob doesnt help :

We have already implemented many features designed by the users! The stratics forum community continues to be very active.

Here is a good example , this topic was created 03/06/08 07:42 PM , and at 03/06/08 11:58 PM Parizad visited here and made a topic about prize giveaways.....all Parizad had to do was say reply to this topic with a simple reply letting us know we are being herd but nope, thats too much to ask isnt it ?? cant they see that its because of things like this that people are getting more and more fustrated, are they ignoring us on purpose or do they simply not have any good explaination for what they are doing ??

And finally, no-one can use the fact the EA-Land is in beta as an excuse for our problems....EA-Land beta is the only beta program i have ever know of that charges people a monthly subscription to be a part of it, a beta should be free for all with a much better method of allowing player feedback, at the moment feedback to EA is almost impossible....

G

Jack,
Take your meds man. It's going to be ok. Yes, this is all very frustrating to each and every one of us. I for one have been on here numerous times saying th economy is bad, lag is horrible, the 5 minute bug is impossible, etc... but, Beta means Beta. And yes, they are still charging us to play a beta game. Think of the alternative. If they stopped billing of us, do you think there would be a TSO in 1 month? EA is looking for this to turn around very quickly and if there is no money coming in (except for ATM purchases), they wouldn't keep it up and running.

I strongly believe the Dev team is under some serious pressure to #1 Make this game profitable and #2 complete the merges and moves. Maxis stopped doing any updates to this game because it wasn't profiutable enough to keep people onboard to develop new things. It was making just enough to keep the servers running. Please don't forget, to Maxis and TSO this game was a MASSIVE FAILURE!!!!! In the back of my head, I think they were hoping people would leave so it would justify them shutting down the servers. We didn't leave. We stayed and played a game that didn't change for YEARS. And now that changes are finally coming (and some very massive cahnges) everyone is complaining?

I love the comparison to Rome. It takes time to decode a problem, rewrite code, test the code and finally publish the code. If they can fix 1 problem a day or so... I'll be happy with that. Want updates? Go to the blog. Want to vent? Come here. You can't expect the dev team to come on here after working 16+ hours during their free time. Plus, I remember long ago we never had this kind of communication coming from the dev team. Every week they tell us what is new or being fixed. They give us status updates stating when they think something will be fixed. They even tell us if they don't know when it will be fixed... but promise they are doing everything they can.

If you can't handle the bugs and problems that come along with so many changes at once, then leave. Come back in a month or two when more things are fixed. If you want to stay around, like I am planning to do, then feel free to vent. But you can't expect the dev team to jump in here and update everyone a few times a day here.

J

jackdoe

I am not looking for a few updates a day, but 1 single comment on low payouts would go along way for a lot of people.....

Is 1 reply to countless customers comments about the economy really asking a lot ?? , i think not....

I have been working with "gaming code" for Nintendo Wii for about 3 months now and i can tell you its no easy task however, if i was just involved with the coding and execution side of the games and didnt take the time to get involved with how to game actually works and take note of feedback then my company would be in this same mess...

Everyone wants constructive criticism well ok then, firstly the Devs or EA need to set up a real proper forum for customer feedback, most people have no idea how to use the blog or wiki so they are getting frustrated with that and feel they have no place to be herd , and then they see stratics forums mentioned on the EA-Land website so they assume this is the place to come and vent about the multitude of problems..trying to ask or get answered any questions in the Town Hall is a stressful task in itself...

Second, I feel that reducing single money payouts overnight by 3/4 was too excessive and was done without any prior warning, again all this did was cause more anger and frustration in an environment that was already filled with frustration due to various bugs. I would suggest that in the future you first reduce the payouts "slightly" with a message on the blog (or better still an official EA-Land forum) stating that on this date payouts will be lowered to set amount due to these reasons....this way everyone knows where they stand....

If the devs or EA take any of my suggestions into consideration then I feel they may find things a little easier next time...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

RAH, RAH!!!

[/ QUOTE ] (replying to this one because it's the mildest negative comment by far.)

Nasty Nasty Nasty.....you folks do realize this is a 'social' game right and not the 'if it's red your dead' type game?

Being disrespectful of those of us just trying to make the best of it isn't going to score you any points with anyone.

I realize some people may be frustrated but calling names and being jerks just doesn't do much to earn my sympathy at all.

Let's go over this....

First off, many of these things mentioned in this thread have already been discussed at length in many of the already existing threads. Maybe the problems isn't really that answers don't exist....maybe it's that some folks haven't take the time to READ them.

Secondly, things ARE being fixed.

Lastly, you folks blow all your credibility out the window about your complaints when you needlessly start attacking your fellow TSO'rs. THAT just tells me that some people don't really have complaints but actually personal problems I'd rather stay away from.

So I will not validate further anyone that wants to continue with attacking fellow members of this board by implying in negative tones that they are butt-kisser, chearleaders or any other such derogatory comments.

Over the last year, the devs have gone above and beyond to try to support this community, this board and it's players. AND they have given us tools to use in order to keep up to date with game development, bug fixes, comments/suggestions, and just hanging out. These tools are accessible both ingame, on the internet and even via YIM if your problem needs to go that far.

I'm Done!

(Could the moderators look into the accusations made in this thread that 'someone' has been IMing that poster and telling them to leave? I hate it when people start vicious rumors and I'd like to see it put to rest immediately.)

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

RAH, RAH!!!

[/ QUOTE ] (replying to this one because it's the mildest negative comment by far.)

Nasty Nasty Nasty.....you folks do realize this is a 'social' game right and not the 'if it's red your dead' type game?

Being disrespectful of those of us just trying to make the best of it isn't going to score you any points with anyone.

I realize some people may be frustrated but calling names and being jerks just doesn't do much to earn my sympathy at all.

Let's go over this....

First off, many of these things mentioned in this thread have already been discussed at length in many of the already existing threads. Maybe the problems isn't really that answers don't exist....maybe it's that some folks haven't take the time to READ them.

Secondly, things ARE being fixed.

Lastly, you folks blow all your credibility out the window about your complaints when you needlessly start attacking your fellow TSO'rs. THAT just tells me that some people don't really have complaints but actually personal problems I'd rather stay away from.

So I will not validate further anyone that wants to continue with attacking fellow members of this board by implying in negative tones that they are butt-kisser, chearleaders or any other such derogatory comments.

Over the last year, the devs have gone above and beyond to try to support this community, this board and it's players. AND they have given us tools to use in order to keep up to date with game development, bug fixes, comments/suggestions, and just hanging out. These tools are accessible both ingame, on the internet and even via YIM if your problem needs to go that far.

I'm Done!

(Could the moderators look into the accusations made in this thread that 'someone' has been IMing that poster and telling them to leave? I hate it when people start vicious rumors and I'd like to see it put to rest immediately.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, so calling someone nasty is not name calling ?? and why should it bother you if someone has made an accusation ?? where they accusing you ??

And yeah i suppose things are being fixed, i just wonder if the priority order for new features and bug fixes is possibly a little off...??

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Dutch, we can do nothing until we are asked to look into it by the poster that is recieving the messages.

FYI for anyone who does not know, all posted comments and PM (private message) comments sent thru Stratics are covered by the <font color="blue">Stratics Rules of Conduct</font>.

Anyone that feels a message is inappropriate or breaking the Rules, may contact [email protected] or any moderator to look into it.

If the message is not breaking the rules, but is annoying, you can put that person on your ignore list and not recieve any more messages from them.

M

Mystic Kitty

<blockquote><hr>

Can you please STOP pushing the stupid Town Hall? There are some of us who don't have the time to stop by there or can't be there when it is open. This is a FORUM for discussion and ANSWERS to questions....I'm sure that EA/Maxis employees can stop by here and answer our questions. I don't think that is too much to ask for PAYING customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took a few minutes to goto town hall, by talking to Parizad or another Dev, you would see that they are working there butts off! (Yes, to get bugs fixed as well)... Just acouple days ago Pari had been working at least 11 hours, plus she was trying to answer questions, and approve cc!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You have clearly mixed up TSO-E with the TSO Wiki (they are both separate and different websites)

Just click the damn link to tso-e below and it should resolve your problem! (Iv been posting this link in all of my replies and yet you are still arguing that its hard to use and not user friendly, have you clicked the link at all?)

The TSO-E boards are easier to use than stratics and very user friendly...
http://www.ea-land.ea.com/blog/

The game wiki is not, it was meant for the minority of players that can program and help with features.
www.game-blueprints.com

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, so calling someone nasty is not name calling ?? and why should it bother you if someone has made an accusation ?? where they accusing you ??

And yeah i suppose things are being fixed, i just wonder if the priority order for new features and bug fixes is possibly a little off...??

[/ QUOTE ]

And where did I call anyone a nasty name? I would really like you to point it out?

And as for accusations, I have been a member of this community for a long time and it bothers me when people throw out 'accusations' that could apply to anyone that supports the development team. Starting rumors about people just because you don't agree with them is just not right.

There are proper channels to deal with harrassment and it doesn't include 'placing a shadow' of doubt on the people you don't like or agree with. And there are ways to get information. The payout cut back have been discussed at length. Most things going on in TSO have been discussed here...A lot!! They've been discussed at TSO-E...which really is fairly easy especially when searching for a specific subject.

Heck, I would probably even stand up for you if I felt someone did you wrong, whether you liked it or not.

As for the timing thing...I would venture to guess trying to make major changes to a live game where there are actual players is probably a pretty tricky thing especially when trying to find a solution to merging old information into new areas with new code.

R

Roger Wilco

TBH I actually wish they would do one of two things:

* Not post here at all

or

* If they are going to post here then start posting in threads on subjects that are of actual concern to the community with some specifics.

I won't expect that of course, that would mean actually addressing the questions and problems instead of the worthless posts they do make here. If it's a tough issue they just clam up and say nothing. If you're to afraid to respond to the imporant issues, and just want to make fluff posts that say nothing, then I'd just as soon not see you here at all and save myself the time of one less board to keep track of.

Either start making meaningful posts or go away, I don't care which as long as they would pick one.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Actually, I would venture a guess that the devs are busy getting the next round of 'merges' ready to go.

There are probably some posters here that probably would prefer that the devs get that done instead of rehashing issues here.

There is a lot going on that we aren't privy to and probably we don't need to know. Compared to other online games, we have a cornucopia of information at our disposal.

Heck, what other game online do devs actually have a place set up where customers can actually go and spend time chatting, complaining or making suggestions?

If you haven't been to the pub, you should go. Even if you don't have urgent stuff to ask, it's fun hanging out and meeting people....like from here? It's helpful to bounce ideas off each other about fun things to do in the game. How to handle certain problems in the game. "Brainstorming" is always challenging at the pub.

I haven't been to the pub recently cause I've been doing other things in the game but I'll have to do a drive by soon just to hang out.

R

Roger Wilco

Suffice it to say that you and I respectfully disagree with each other.

I also really don't want to get into another pubhead vs non-pubhead debate either.

Regards

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Suffice it to say that you and I respectfully disagree with each other.

I also really don't want to get into another pubhead vs non-pubhead debate either.

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG yeah me too. We really don't want to get that debate going again. LMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we cannot and will not stop pushing the Town Hall. Many players demand PERSONAL answers to THEIR questions from the devs. The Town Hall and/or Community Pub is the place to get that attention. The devs are *not* obligated to post here, since this is not the official game forums. The mere fact that we have a Technical Advice forum HERE is a bonus, in lieu of the previous fact. I know many people still consider this the official game site, and some even categorically refuse to visit the blog and the Wiki. That does not change the fact that this is no longer the official forums, as was announced months ago by Parizad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have in the past when time permitted them to, and they probably will again WHEN TIME PERMITS THEM TO, but the tone of the OP implies that he wants answers yesterday, not when time permits. They are not required to post here on demand, and I'm willing to bet that the more players make them feel like they are required to do so, the less they will actually post here and then we'll be forced to go where the official sites are. Don't stare a gift horse in the mouth. If you don't wish to go to several different places to gain answers, then be happy when your questions are answered, whether its a week after they are answered or a month. Even as paying customers, the devs are not our personal servants. We are paying them to put out a product and provide customer service, which they do....they just don't do it on the timetable that some would like them to.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oooo, I won't tell....ROC remember

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not against the RoC to report the people who PM'd you, if it happened, to one of the mods, since PMs are also covered under the same RoC and if that happened then I'm pretty sure it'd violate the clauses against trolling and/or harrassment. If you do that, an admin will contact you and ask permission to view your PM box, since copy/pastes of the PMs are not allowed. If you grant them that permission (which does not require you give up your password, btw) and they get the proof, then those players will be dealt with.

G

Greg and Lee do post and cross post for all those too much in a rut to go to the blog for current information. And they kept us up-to-date on the Bullet Train, merges, and server merge over the last week. Lee also answers individual posters and threads on technical problems, in Tech Advise.

So your accusation seems to boil down to the fact that they do not dance to *your* tune when and on the subjects, that *you* command them to address.

Basically, they are programmers who are being paid by EA Games, to create a profitable new game from the bones of a dead game. They do not work for and are not answerable to you or any other individual player. They may need players in the general sense, to make the game profitable for EA, but any of us are expendable, as long as the whole continues to move forward.

Since they are under a deadline, there is little logical profit to be had from time spent, constantly hand-holding and reiterating the basics, for the nervous, uncertain, hostile or adamantly opposed players......time that could be better spent earning their paychecks, by working on the game.

R

Roger Wilco

Stop putting words in my mouth mod/cheerleader.

All I said is that I would rather they either post and address the serious issues here on topics that go 15 pages with no comment from them at all, or a total BS comment that adds nothing to the discussion, or not post at all here. Obviously they don't have to do either, all I said was it was that is what I would prefer as I don't want to have to slog between here, their blog, the wiki, and the pub to get some info on the real problems with EAL. If they aren't going provide any useful postings here that would be great, only have to keep up with three that way.

That's all I said, and nothing more, so quit putting words in my mouth I never said and get back under your bridge - MOD.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Stop putting words in my mouth mod/cheerleader.

[/ QUOTE ]<blockquote><hr>

That's all I said, and nothing more, so quit putting words in my mouth I never said and get back under your bridge - MOD.<blockquote><hr>

You may address me as Gilly.....unless you are *trying* to get warned for trolling that is......

G

@ Roger:

You're the one trolling yet you suggest Gilly get back under *her* bridge? Trolling is against the RoC IIRC, and if a mod truly broke the RoC I doubt they wouldn't be dealt with in a pretty harsh manner, since one of the qualifications for being a mod is an ability to *avoid* doing that. She disagreed with you, and basically said 'stop complaining'......the same thing the rest of us have said. That does not = trolling. If it did then all the cheerleaders would be banned, since we regularly say that.

The devs only repeat here what they've said on the blog and the Wiki, btw, so if you don't want to continue to read Stratics and therefore dealing with these *trolling mods* (put in quotes cuz in this instance they are not) you don't have to. You've read enough of my posts to know that when I really feel a mod is stepping out of line, I do not hesitate to call them out about it as someone else might hesitate just because they are mods, but nor will I sit by and allow them to catch crap when they are NOT doing it, either.

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

Can we get some answers from someone who really knows? About the lag, the job situation, no promos, pay cuts....???? no need for rah rahs or smart comments. sick of all that...just want solid answers here. It's time for answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

hah ha ha , you no the funnies thing yesterday throw that OMG Lag, I was pizzaing !! i even had to restart one of my sims! but now here is the funny thing! i made MORE MONEY durning that lag, it was funny

But anywho I am off to the game now !!

Hugs max

D

dinaj

that is not really true, I was at the townhall on one occasion and was not overly impressed with the changes being discussed that evening. I forgot my age for a few minutes there and reverted to infancy and threatened to quit the game. Lee immediately pmed me and asked me to have patience.

I have never been part of the "in" crowd.

S

Suzi Q

I wish people would stop raving about the Town Hall, you're as likely to get an answer there as you are here! The devs ignore any 'awkward' questions aimed directly at them and choose to discuss custom content and lava lamp competions instead! Even when the devs visit your property they find it difficult to speak let alone answer a civil question, I really don't know why they bother. So get real and stop praising these wonderful devs!

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

I wish people would stop raving about the Town Hall, you're as likely to get an answer there as you are here! The devs ignore any 'awkward' questions aimed directly at them and choose to discuss custom content and lava lamp competions instead! Even when the devs visit your property they find it difficult to speak let alone answer a civil question, I really don't know why they bother. So get real and stop praising these wonderful devs!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you, I've been trying to get a simple yes or no answer to a simple question for weeks and I just get my messages and IM's ignored!!!
I've all but PLEADED for help off a certain Dev, who will remain nameless, and they can't even be bothered to acknowledge me.

Don't get me wrong, they are doing a great job but there is no need for ignorance.
I've been polite and patient all along but I'm getting to the end of my tether now!
I PAY to play this game, and I think they forget at times that we help towards paying their wages!
It makes me so mad, I wonder why I bother sometimes.

Cat.