• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get Green Thorns on Test?

G

There is a help menu that pops up when you first log in that tells you the available commands (you used to be able to type "help" and pop the menu up, but that doesn't seem to work for me now).

These commands:
Give arties
Give resources
Give armor

Put lots of resources and goodies in your bank, including the special armor collections/sets.

I don't recall seeing green thorns in the resource packs, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

-Skylark

G

Aye, I know of thoses "give" commands, and as you said I dont recall seeing the Thorns either.

C

Chango Pelon

Do you get red and orange petals? If not, the thorns are in the same boat. Sorry, I don't do the test center often enough.

G

From what I remember, when I started my seed bank from scratch using bogling looted plain/dull seeds, it takes 10 days to grow a plant to maturity (to the point when it can be pruned for deco or begins to produce resources/seeds). To get green thorn bearing plants, you need seeds from a minimum of 2nd generation plants - bright green snake plant or barrel cactus, which you can get from crossing green varieties of the same plant.

So, unfortunately, if they aren't provided to us, and we have to grow the resource plants to obtain those items to test, you are talking 22 days before you can even get a seed you can grow a resource bearing plant from, then another 10 days for it to mature, and another 7 to collect all the resources, so that is 39 days min to fully harvest resources from a crop of plants. On a shard that may be wiped without notice at any time, that isn't very practical. I think fertile dirt only saves you 1 - 2 days at most in the cycle, and it takes so long to get 40 dirt from earth ellies (or planting existing green thorns!) for a single pot, that isn't very practical either.

-Skylark

P.S. taking this opportunity for shameless plug: whether we get plant resources on test center or not, PLEASE CONSIDER GIVING THE PLANT SYSTEM SOME LOVE!

C

Chango Pelon

Ugh, didn't realize they took that long, I have Fran do all that for me.

I agree then, that is not cool considering everything else Test gives you.