• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Can we get an ARCANE CIRCLE inside of Luna Bank since theres more people in Luna?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if we could get an Arcane Circle placed inside of Luna Bank to make it easier for those who want to get an arcane focus. That way they don't have to spam in general chat. There are always a lot of people sitting inside of luna bank and maybe they would afk on the arcane circle or just move a few tiles over to get on the circle to make it easier for us to get an arcane focus. That or could the one in Brit be moved to inside of luna bank on the first floor? It would really be nice considering the amount of people inside of luna bank all the time.

keel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather less reasons to funnel players into Luna, honestly.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with keel, we really don't need any more traffic in Luna... it's way to laggy as is... It's gotten to the point that you crash while trying to trade, recall or even log off upstairs of the Bank.

If you like a more populated town for the Circle, I suggest New Haven... plenty of people and no lag.... just my opinion...

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get you lazt but to brit

luna does not need another spot were playrs put chars there so they wont time out. inside the city allk there should be no training allowed hell i might get hurt if you miss hitting you golem with a boomerang.

The only reason somone would want this is so there could be camped playeres there to always get a 6.

SAD

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your right, lets go ahead and leave the completelly USELESS arcane circle sitting infront of a completelly EMPTY bank :-/... Not to mention having the circle infront of brit bank doesn't even look right to begin with, a big red circle just sitting there with nobody and nothing else. It woudln't even look quite right if it were red inside of luna. I'd say it would look better though considering Spellweaving came out after or before malas did, either way it wasn't around the time Britania was created. It would look better off in Luna instead of infront of Brit bank, the bank thats supposed to look ALITTLE BIT like it's from the Rennaisance Era. Lets be honest, Malas doesn't look like the Rennaisance era, so that being said put the arcane circle IN LUNA, NOT BRIT.

I can tell the ones that are nah sayers about this idea are probably the ones that don't have spellweavers. If you have seen Global Chat on atlantic shard you would know that it's not exactly the best channel to stay in. I only get in it when I need a focus but if everyone were like that then no spellweavers would be able to communicate with one another because we would never be in it. It's a sad way to gather people for a focus because theres to much trash talking and mouthing off going on in the Global Channel.

If the arcane circle is inside of luna bank then we wouldn't have to use global chat we could just say right there "Hey move over here for a focus". And is it so wrong to afk on the arcane circle? If you think it's so wrong then you go right ahead and create yourself a picket sign and sit at brit bank saying that it is, because i've seen people afk at brit bank ON the arcane circle. So please, spare me.

T

Tazar

Personally, I am against the idea as well. Luna is crowded enough as it is and I have never had trouble getting a circle at Brit Bank when I needed one.

I can tell the ones that are nah sayers about this idea are probably the ones that don't have spellweavers.
You would be wrong in that assumption. Myself and I believe (at least) two of the members above have spellweavers.

If you have seen Global Chat on atlantic shard you would know that it's not exactly the best channel to stay in. I only get in it when I need a focus but if everyone were like that then no spellweavers would be able to communicate with one another because we would never be in it. It's a sad way to gather people for a focus because theres to much trash talking and mouthing off going on in the Global Channel.
I agree on the problems with the general chat channel, but there are plenty of other channels - including guild and alliance chat which is where I usually see requests for a circle.

If the arcane circle is inside of luna bank then we wouldn't have to use global chat we could just say right there "Hey move over here for a focus".
It seems to me that usually about 1/2 the people at Luna Bank are afk anyway so how would asking them to move over work? Do you really thing that Spellweaving goes great on a bank-sitting template?

And is it so wrong to afk on the arcane circle? If you think it's so wrong then you go right ahead and create yourself a picket sign and sit at brit bank saying that it is, because i've seen people afk at brit bank ON the arcane circle. So please, spare me.
So countering your entire argument, there are people at Brit Bank to get spell circles? Sorry, I just don't see the problem here. While I do not work 3rd shift and am usually in bed by 10pm, I am able to get a circle even at 6am without a problem.

I did like the above idea to put one in New Haven though. To me, it's about player interaction. If you can run up and get a level 6 any time without any interaction, then it defeats the purpose. Bringing players together (hopefully not afk) gets strangers talking, creates friendships, etc. Bringing veteran players to Haven to interact with new players (New, Returning Veterans, Travelers from other shards starting out fresh) would be a good thing.

C

CuthbertAndrus

I did like the above idea to put one in New Haven though. To me, it's about player interaction. If you can run up and get a level 6 any time without any interaction, then it defeats the purpose. Bringing players together (hopefully not afk) gets strangers talking, creates friendships, etc. Bringing veteran players to Haven to interact with new players (New, Returning Veterans, Travelers from other shards starting out fresh) would be a good thing.
Seconded

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seconded
Nay, newbies don't have spellweaving.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nay, newbies don't have spellweaving.
hmm... more than newbies come to Haven... I'm a 12 year Vet. and I spend a lot of time in Haven. As far as a reply to your argument maybe more folks would take up Spellweaving if a circle and willing players to do an Arcane circle was available in New Haven.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I am against the idea as well. Luna is crowded enough as it is and I have never had trouble getting a circle at Brit Bank when I needed one.

You would be wrong in that assumption. Myself and I believe (at least) two of the members above have spellweavers.

I agree on the problems with the general chat channel, but there are plenty of other channels - including guild and alliance chat which is where I usually see requests for a circle.

It seems to me that usually about 1/2 the people at Luna Bank are afk anyway so how would asking them to move over work? Do you really thing that Spellweaving goes great on a bank-sitting template?

So countering your entire argument, there are people at Brit Bank to get spell circles? Sorry, I just don't see the problem here. While I do not work 3rd shift and am usually in bed by 10pm, I am able to get a circle even at 6am without a problem.

I feel the exact same way about the player interaction. The only problem is, when it's the SAME 10 people online every single day mostly AFK, and there is absolutelly NO advertisement. All we are going to see are the exact same 10 people online until they get borred enough and quit. New players are not joining ultima online because its not being advertised. There is NOT enough player interaction in the game and do you know why? It's because the population ISN'T getting any bigger. If anything the population is DECLINING at a rapid rate.

After reading the part where you mentioned "(New, Returning Veterans, Travelers from other shards starting out fresh) " I felt like I was reading something somebody had said about 5+ years ago. There are no new players PERIOD. There never will be if ultima online does not start getting advertised. There might be returning players but for how long this time, a month, 2 months, 6 months? I'm not against player interaction. I am against having to BEG for players to come so that I can use them in order to play my template to the fullest. Spellweaving is in the game for us to play with, and I pay my monthly fee. I shouldn't have to beg other players or wait forever for people that don't even want to login to the game to meet me on the circle so I can get an arcane focus.

The entire time knowing that it's going to happen all over again in like 5 hours. I really love Spellweaving, but the way they have it right now requires you to interact with other people. HELLO! If people are leaving and quiting the game every day, it gets harder and harder to get the people you need. It's been like a chain reaction for years now and it's not getting any better. Spellweaving was probably a big hit back when it first came out but did you actually notice a difference in the population? Ofcourse i'm just going off the top of my head, about how screwed up the population is because I can't even check my MYUO (which might I add has been down for what like TWO MONTHS NOW?) to even see how little the guilds on ATL have gotten.

I'm refering to active people here to, not ones you guilded and havent seen login for a year. The game is dying, fix this for the sake of everyone. We shouldn't be punished because we can't find players to gather around us and get a focus. That's not our job to bring players to UO, that's there job to do the advertising. Ugh i'm done arguing, and done stating my point and repeating myself a thousand times over. I know they aren't going to think this thru, that's why UO will NEVER become what it once was, and thats the truth like it or not. If you don't know what it once was, then ask someone else cause I don't feel like typing in this thread anymore.

keel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have some valid points, you really do, but Spellweaving is all about relying upon other people. I think if we implement changes to make it more solo then what's the difference between it and the other schools of magic?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can find players to get a Focus at Luna then -- -- -- --

:bdh::flame::flame::bdh::flame::bdh:

They can make their way to Brit for the same focus, sadly the subtitle you wont admit to is that if it was in LUNA unattended players could sit on the circle and a six would be a joke.

Your points about a dying community adds NO support to having the circle in Luna.

A simple point was made to stone off SW and get a focus non skilled then stone you weaving back on.

Again you have not received but Minimal support on this idea, yet you keep trying to validate your idea with weaker and weaker reasons

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your right, lets go ahead and leave the completelly USELESS arcane circle sitting infront of a completelly EMPTY bank :-/...
You missed the boat on this one... the ol' timers who longed for the day when Brit Bank was the center of the Universe were a pretty powerful lobby to get that bank re-vamped. The logic seemed to be that the changes would attract folks back to the bank.

The fact is that folks picked Luna because it's just a better spot to banksit and do business. You can open your bank vault from either floor, you can log out in the main building, easy access by Moongate, etc.

Brit will never get folks back because they found someplace better.

When I first started playing, Trinsic and Moonglow were hotspots. Folks just moved on. It's the nature of things.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Brit Bank is dead. They may as well have put that arcane circle in Cove for all the difference it makes. Put one in Luna, it's where the PEOPLE are, whether anyone likes it or not.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
"No you can't have an Arcane Circle in Luna! Why? Because I have this feeble forlorn wish that people would actually go to Britain again. I know they never will, but screw reality. I'm perfectly happy making the game less convenient in order to humor my fantasy."

That's actually the more sane argument. The other one basically goes...

"No way, people would just AFK on top of the Luna circle making it trivial to get a focus! Of course people would AFK on top of the Britain focus if my fantasy of Britain being populated ever came true, but try not to think about that!"

keel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OR it could be an appreciation for the vast amount of OTHER content instead of adding more reasons to funnel people to the same damned small location to spite the rest of the game.