• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Can we get a weekly auction going again?

Atlantic Ninja

Adventurer
I know Devy and her husband are on a break, but does anyone else do weekly auctions?

With the amount of idocs being publicized, and the amount of rares for sale. I’d like to see public auctions come back.

I could run one but would need help.
- Auctioneer
- Items to be sold.
- I would run the items/money part of it. I work for a bank and I’m a database admin so I can whip something up.

What would people like to see in someone who runs one?
I was thinking maybe a small database with a random ticket generation to ensure that items are accounted for and accredited properly.
Along with a way to view high ticket items. Such as a viewing area or a website/post with all links to high ticket items. Or both.

Be brutally honest with feedback. I know trustworthiness is probably the biggest issue with running something like this. Some people know me, but I changed my in game name a while ago because of the confusion of other people who had similar names. However, I’m willing to put time in and my own items to start the process.

I’d like to see more community run events in Ultima so tell me what you like/dislike about the idea. Like I said be brutally honest because I want real feedback. If hesitation is parting with items in fear of losing them, or not making enough money on an item selling, or just think auctions are stupid. All “constructive” feedback is welcomed.

I will work with EMs on getting a gate at Luna to the weekly event. So publicly of said event shouldn’t be a problem.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would love the idea of a regular, weekly auction! It would give everyone a chance to get rid of some items they no longer use or want without trying to sell on a vendor. Maybe figure some way for the people placing stuff to be auctioned, to be assured their items won't be "lost" prior to the auction.

Atlantic Ninja

Adventurer
Yup. I’m working on a system, that will allow me to basically assign ticket numbers to each lot.

I will of course use mostly my items at first to allow people a sense of security. Trustworthiness. On top of that will be contacting PEC/EM to assist with the event. I will need to see what is allowed and what isn’t. Feedback has been positive so far so just need to set this up.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know Devy and her husband are on a break, but does anyone else do weekly auctions?

With the amount of idocs being publicized, and the amount of rares for sale. I’d like to see public auctions come back.

I could run one but would need help.
- Auctioneer
- Items to be sold.
- I would run the items/money part of it. I work for a bank and I’m a database admin so I can whip something up.

What would people like to see in someone who runs one?
I was thinking maybe a small database with a random ticket generation to ensure that items are accounted for and accredited properly.
Along with a way to view high ticket items. Such as a viewing area or a website/post with all links to high ticket items. Or both.

Be brutally honest with feedback. I know trustworthiness is probably the biggest issue with running something like this. Some people know me, but I changed my in game name a while ago because of the confusion of other people who had similar names. However, I’m willing to put time in and my own items to start the process.

I’d like to see more community run events in Ultima so tell me what you like/dislike about the idea. Like I said be brutally honest because I want real feedback. If hesitation is parting with items in fear of losing them, or not making enough money on an item selling, or just think auctions are stupid. All “constructive” feedback is welcomed.

I will work with EMs on getting a gate at Luna to the weekly event. So publicly of said event shouldn’t be a problem.
There's still a few ongoing, mainly Majestic Oaks Auction Live Great Lakes Shard and Europa Auction. The problem I find with them is the low turnout due to people being busy IRL and most that go are mainly looking for deals (half price) which isn't ideal for the sellers. There's also the addition of Vendor Search and Auction Safes, which pretty much killed the need for live auctions... sad but true. I still hope you do go through with this idea and should reach out to the other two above for tips, just pointing out the flaws i've seen with them.

Atlantic Ninja

Adventurer
There's still a few ongoing, mainly Majestic Oaks Auction Live Great Lakes Shard and Europa Auction. The problem I find with them is the low turnout due to people being busy IRL and most that go are mainly looking for deals (half price) which isn't ideal for the sellers. There's also the addition of Vendor Search and Auction Safes, which pretty much killed the need for live auctions... sad but true. I still hope you do go through with this idea and should reach out to the other two above for tips, just pointing out the flaws i've seen with them.
I appreciate the feedback. Turnout has been on my mind. I think the only way to have a good turnout will be on a Saturday. Around peak time. This will maximize users coming. If I have it during the week or at bad times no one will come.

Also we will be allowing reserves or starting bid levels, which will ensure that the seller doesn’t feel like they’re losing money. However, I’ve sold items though auctions that I actually couldn’t sell through vendors. Also you have people who like to flex their gold and bidding wars.

Auction safes are fine but can run up to 7 days to win. Player auctions are instant. So pros and cons for both. I think with all the feedback there is a definitely a want for these. I’ll talk with the PEC and see if this is possible. Expect a post soon.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you need any help, Id be willing to assist you. I ran auctions on Chessy for Years