• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Can we completely remove a property from something we are imbuing?

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know how to reduce a property on an item, but can we completely remove a property?

For example 1 FC 3 FCR 4 Cold ring. Can we completely remove the 4 Cold so it will just be a 1 FC 3 FCR ring?

Thanks in advance for the answer

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you cannot remove a property. You can lower a property to it's lowest intensity though, to try to make room for other properties. In your case you can overwrite the 4% cold resist with 1% cold resist on that ring.

Stayin Alive,

BG

B

Beastmaster

You can completely remove a skill on jewelry by substituting another skill from the same group.

G

guum

That is really good to know, thanks. I wonder if it works for the other groups too.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hit Spell (Harm, Magic Arrow, Fireball, Lightning) should replace each other (or should - that's why the ability to get 2 on one weapon was nerfed, to prevent 2 on same weapon).
Hit (element/physical) area replace each other
Slayers replace each other
Skills: Consult the list of the 5 skill groups for what can replace.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just want to make sure I got this right...

I have a FC 1, FCR 3, Int +2 ring with no other mods. Now on this ring I can keep the FC/FCR 1/3 and then make int up to 8 (with appropriate ingredients). And then I still can add 2 additional mods up to max 500% total intensity.

Right?

-OBSIDIAN-

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, that's correct.

i was looking around Luna looking for "junk" like that on the cheap, but someone else already had the same idea and beat me to them. max jewels with no un-useful properties are v. useful now. a plain ring with just LMC 7 is worth a lot more than a LMC 7, Int 8 now.

G

guum

I have a FC 1, FCR 3, Int +2 ring with no other mods. Now on this ring I can keep the FC/FCR 1/3 and then make int up to 8 (with appropriate ingredients). And then I still can add 2 additional mods up to max 500% total intensity.

Right?

-OBSIDIAN-
Yes, but don't forget to take weights into account. FC is 1.4x, so that counts as 140%. FCR is 1.2x, so that counts as 120%. Int is 1.1x, so if you imbue it up to 8, that'll be 110%. So you'll be at 370% total with 130% left after that.

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Right?

-OBSIDIAN-
Unless the ring is exceptionally crafted, you can only take it up to 450%.

N

Nastia Cross

I really wish they would have given us the option to remove DI from exceptionally crafted weapons... =( Or made some kind of quest or craftable item that would allow us to remove one property from an item.

D

diff

I haven't touched imbuing yet, but can't you just buy a ring with no mods from a Jeweler, and start from scratch? Likewise, weapons from an NPC vendor with mods?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if its a looted ring you can go to 500 ! if exceptional crafted 500 if normal crafted 450

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I haven't touched imbuing yet, but can't you just buy a ring with no mods from a Jeweler, and start from scratch? Likewise, weapons from an NPC vendor with mods?
yes but then the max is 450 i believe ! would have to check as i craft all my own things

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No, you cannot remove a property. You can lower a property to it's lowest intensity though, to try to make room for other properties. In your case you can overwrite the 4% cold resist with 1% cold resist on that ring.

Stayin Alive,

BG
this is also a great trick to do if you are trying to get a item to the "sweet spot" for gains