• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we agree on one thing? About Siege...

G

It is a different animal. Horse of a different color. What ever you want to call it, it is different. *chuckles* The animal references are purposeful. It seems to the hot topic of the moment.

It is senseless to argue amongst each other about two different rules sets. Many of us play Siege exclusively. Some play Siege and and other shards exclusively. Some just dabble on Siege, just as some dabble on other Shards.

Some of the cool things that happen on other shards... Well, they do not go over so well where I play. The stuffy dwagon, no big deal. Hug it or toss it. I don't care.

Some of the folks from Siege may post in a manner that does not suit you fine folks here on Uhall. That is my fault perhaps. I allow a bit of leeway there. I cringe sometimes seeing what gets posted. Sometimes I just laugh.

My point is, Siege is a whole nother world. None wear any armor we won't miss. We lose our jewelry a lot. Pets tear us up. If any PvP tamers want to prove me wrong come on over.

Any of you folk that think it is easy to take a tamer out, come play in my world. I dare you.

Siege is another game. It should get some respect.

O

OptPrime

I play siege part time as an orc. I dont ride a mount, because.. orcs dont ride mounts.. If i come to yew gate or luna.. i am "All kill" attacked while i either get spammed with weakens so i cant cast, or dexed out or ninja starred.

You act like a pvp tamer has any room to talk about being rough. You can get away with next to no jewelry.. your pets are bonded.. you wear gm armor like the rest of us, but so what?

Pets should not bond on SP. Then i think you could talk. Otherwise, you have an extra blessed spot.

R

Rykus

Prime, I believe Kelmo's comment about pvp tamers is in response to many people appearing to not grasp how effective pvp tamers are on Siege.

I do wonder how many people realize that on Siege there is no passive reveal and stealthers are a bit more effective because of it.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

If the content being added to the other worlds would stop spilling over and royally messing ours up... no one would hear even a peep from any of us as we'd be happy just playing UO. It seems ok to chastise and mock the felucca playstyle or those who advocate for it, but the second the same respect is returned to the trammy... oh noes, how dare you!!!

When Siege has gotten the attention it deserved then we can talk.

Or do you forget the promise that was made to us over 4 years ago. Oh don't worry siege players, we won't add any content that will negatively impact what your shard is supposed to represent or the ideals behind it. total BS! 2 years to fix the PBD, another 2 years to fix the blessed pants/helm and combat armor.... thats HALF of UOs lifetime RIGHT THERE!!!

Thats just 2 fixes...! So, let's take a quick peek at the kind of trammy crap that's spilled over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Private housing that we cannot enter or raid/siege on Siege... players can sit in their homes and we can't siege them because of an invisible, impenetrable force field that we have no idea wtf it's even there.

- Instanced corpses

- Instanced dungeons

- bonded pets

- tamers log in/out to retrieve pets

- Having no delay in petball summons - so a naked ninja/stealth tamer can run next to you spamming his "summon + all kill + last target" macro for a cheap, easy, effortless kill.

- beneficial acts (i can't even duel a guildmate because when one of us dies, we can't ressurect the dead person...) Hell, I can't even re-enter the house we're sparing in after I leave the house for a res (my guildmate cant res me) and try to come back... NICE ONE!

- sacrifice self ressurection - 3 free self resses AND you get keep all of your stuff? Come... ON!

- item based combat tailored around item insurance

- "You do not have the right to loot this corpse" - No I don't have the right to loot that corpse, but hell, I should still be able to and I should be flagged a criminal if I do.

- The way loot is distributed. - We kill those (or die trying) who loot our things without our consent... that's kind of the fun part, really.

- Factions being broken/neglected for damn near 8 years now...

- Siege server not showing up on the server list unless you renounce your young status twice or wait the alotted time. (Like people can't handle going straight to the shard if they want to.) This is the hard shard... not the vet shard anymore...

-Players being created in Ocllo because newbies couldn't handle having the choice of picking the city they'd like to be created in... instead its mandatory everyone start on that island. Did they forget people can't recall/gate/sac journey on siege? Oh, I guess they figured everyone would just auto-know the help stuck button to get off... right.

- Removing horse stamina - I'm sorry it was an inconvenience to the trammies... to us it gave us a reason to run around on foot.

- Making resources like valorite/verite/frostwood/etc. almost damn near impossible to obtain... - Ok Ok... so you trammies have a problem with scripters, well we don't because we kill them. So now we have to suffer getting supplies that are easily lost but impossible to obtain... sweet move.

- Nerfing bags of sending... well we understand your scripters also abused these. Well we have to walk everywhere we go unless we have magery. Thank you for making it so that a warrior has to run for 30 minutes to get to a dungeon in ilshenar, hunt monsters for literally 5 minutes until they can carry no more gold... then run allllll the way back just to drop it off. - SMOOTH!

- Making detect hidden have a 10 second delay - good... so when I reveal a player who's stealthing around... he/she can instantly hide again but I have to wait another 10 seconds (when their long gone) to get another shot at revealing them. SWEET!

- Making smokebombs so someone can instantly run away from a fight - (did whoever designed this, forget why we put in the aggressive flag for fighting so people couldn't just recall away?)

- Tailoring combat (PvM AND PvP) around item insurance - we don't have item insurance... yet our system is based on the same items insurance is.

and so on and so on... and SO ON...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, it's just absolutely ridiculous at this point how much crap has spilled over into our shard. We were promised one thing and AS USUAL it wasn't delivered upon.

The TWO THINGS that we had fixed took 2 YEARS EACH to fix...

WHAT THE HELL!

You are right Kelmo... its about damn time we received the respect deserve.

We pay the same monthly fees everyone else does. We have a new dev team and they deserve to know how much we've been neglected, ignored and pretty much disrespected as paying customers.

They deserve a chance to make things right and I'm willing to give it to them. They need to know whats up and why... and if they are serious about UOs future and growth, then this is a good start as there are a TON of people wanting to play this shard, but none will until it's fixed.

Good day.

I

imported_archite666

agreed completly, I think we all need to band together to help give the DEVs the ideas they need to make us happy, I just hope they are willing.

K

Kat SP

I usually skip your posts, well, because you're usually full of bitterness and hate, but... this one actually hits the nail on the head! Nice post! Could't agree more!

L

Lord_Asterix

I agree. Siege should be separate....and there should be 2 pvp shards only.

I

imported_Heartseeker

Nobody is disputing that your shard is different.

It just happens that you guys complain the most.(all the time actually.)

With so many problems that you state why do you even play?

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You pay for your game and we pay the same price for ours, yet it has, from it's inception, been ignored. We certainly have reason to complain. If every problem on your shard were constantly ignored or took 2 years to remedy, you would no doubt, be here complaining quite loudly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first really started playing on Siege, you could not gain in Resist past 90. It was stuck there, period. Page a GM and you would get a canned response about ROT (Rate Over Time, our skill gain system).

Imagine that, perhaps the most important skill in pvp, you could not gain it past 90 on a pvp shard.

What would happen all of a sudden if you could not gain magery or taming past 90 on a non-Siege shard? A revolt. What did happen on Siege? It took 1 year to fix from the time I started to play. 1 year we could not gain resist past 90.

Yes, we complain. We have a reason to complain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The same reason you play when theres so many issues with the game you play.

Dealing with problems/imbalances/bugs/exploits is second nature to UO Vets.

G

Respect is earned, not jammed down people's throats, and that's what it feels like 99% of the time with SP players.

If SP truely wants respect, moderate the posters who continually spam every post on these boards with something to the effect of "We don't have that problem on Siege."

That's just a troll.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Respect is earned, not jammed down people's throats, and that's what it feels like 99% of the time with SP players.

If SP truely wants respect, moderate the posters who continually spam every post on these boards with something to the effect of "We don't have that problem on Siege."

That's just a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Siege player, and I have to unfortunately agree with this.

Many of my peers make Siege look bad on a daily basis, almost, it seems.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It is senseless to argue amongst each other about two different rules sets.

[/ QUOTE ]I couldn't agree more and I wish the 'Siegers' would finally realise this aswell. Alas, every other thread some Sieger will feel the need to add his 2 cents despite it being a different currency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you read my post?

We wouldn't even involve ourselves if the stuff added to other shards didn't spill over into ours messing ours up.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Siege is another game. It should get some respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right. Siege needs some people on the dev team dedicated to evaluating and modifying anything that is published to non-Siege shards before it goes to Siege. The balance of things on Siege is a *lot* more delicate than it is on non-Siege shards, and most of the stuff that is implemented can't go there in it's pure form.

Example: Pet Balls

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Pets should not bond on SP. Then i think you could talk. Otherwise, you have an extra blessed spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think kelmo would argue with that point

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

On here when someone from Siege asks a question alot of you see it as threatening or something and mistake it as a complaint and have a pancake fit about it