• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Can u create a Shift-Mousewheelscroll key?

N

Nematode

Hi guys,

during the good ol' days of UO3D, UOAssist was able to bind a key each to shift-mousewheel scrolldown and scrollup. I used to bind my All Follow Me command to shift-scrolldown.

Now SA's scrollwheel function is preselected from a list. I was wondering if there are any keyboard macro programs out there that can interpret a shift-mousewheelscroll input as a keystroke.

Anyone has this done successfully?

F

Fink

I can't seem to assign it other than in the settings area.

Mouse 3 seems to work as a button, but not as a scroll. Also it won't allow me to use modifier keys. Perhaps manually adding binding="Left Shift+Mouse 3" in the macro file would work.

Here is the scroll code..

<MouseScrollWheelUp action="Cursor Target Last" />
<MouseScrollWheelDown action="Cursor Target Self" />

Perhaps the action could be manually specified as something outside of the normal targeting set. There is a list of actions under keybindings. None of these do what you ask in the example, but it might be interesting to see if they what they can do.

*edit* just defaults to the zoom function if you try to attach anything tricky to the scroll.

F

Fink

Just saw this link in another thread..

X-Mouse

Never used it myself, not endorsing it, but it seems like it would help a great deal, especially for mouses with more than the standard 3 buttons and scroll. I'm not sure if this falls under the third party software issue.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with x-mouse is very easy:
assign a plain button to the scroll
then in game make a macro with that button
now just press shift + scroll down :)

Actually is safe to use because it change your mouse button and emulate a key press (so it has nothing to do with the game)

V

Venus_AUPK

I asked the same thing maybe 3 months ago i ended up getting "Set Point"
from logitech they had a specific version for my G5

I couldn't use shift and mouse wheel but i could re map mouse wheel left and right and also re mapped my input speed buttons to say Ctrl + Alt + Shift 1, Ctrl + Alt + Shift 2, etc

Then just set the macros i wanted on UO to those hot keys, there for i could use mouse wheel to drink potions by clicking it left and right instead of shift Up or down for heal n cure

F

Fink

Actually is safe to use because it change your mouse button and emulate a key press (so it has nothing to do with the game)
It seems a reasonable thing, yes, but have Mythic approved it?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It seems a reasonable thing, yes, but have Mythic approved it?
It would be no different from using the software that comes with a Logitech gaming mouse. So while it may not be specifically approved, it shouldn't be an issue, and I'm sure if you asked one of the devs they would tell you it was ok.